Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Read And Help!

P.s. called about getting a second opinion in Edmond ( closest bariatric place) and they need operation reports, ect before they will decide to give me an appt.

You can just ask for a copy of all your records! They do not have to know your getting second opinion! They can not deny you a copy, they are your records, just let them assume it's for your own records

I'm praying for you. Definitely talk to a lawyer and get another doctor quickly. Regarding sweating, I have never experienced it after eating and was sleeved 12/2012.

Please keep us posted.

Have you posted under the complications section? There are people who have had major compliccations who would be able to answer your questions better, or at least better understand what you are going through.

I am glad you're going to see an attorney. Just because you chose this WLS, does not mean you chose to have serious complications.

Wow, I'm just shocked at the way this so-called doctor is handling your care. I would call a lawyer and I would call the medical board immediately! Yes, this surgery was your choice darling ( :) ) but it's not supposed to be like this in recovery!!

Wow so many prob. Hope you are on the road to recovery soon. My brother had that problem with sweating bad when eating he was diabetic and had an amputation the neuropathy was so bad he took strong pain pills seems the diabetes and pain meds caused him to sweat.

Thanks to Google - I've deduced the doctor, so I can warn others to avoid him at all costs, plus we can be sure to post a thread here on Vertical Sleeve Talk. The doctor is: Dr. Russell Gornichec website: http://integrisok.com/weightloss

I had a splenic infarction as well, but not the others (just that and a major hiatal hernia).I ended up back in for 5 days. I don't get any type of sweats, but I do get shaky randomly. I don't feel cold, sometimes I feel warm, but blankets help sometimes. I was nauseas constantly and pain in my lower left back like someone would randomly step on it in stelettos. It's getting better though. I'm forever tired though, walking couch to fridge winds me!!!

Def request your records and see another doc. Don't tell them anything about your lawyer or you may have a hard time getting them.

P.s. called about getting a second opinion in Edmond ( closest bariatric place) and they need operation reports, ect before they will decide to give me an appt.

The good news is that you can just contact your Release of Information department, which you probably know. Your "current" surgeon won't even know that you've requested this. (I'm only mentioning this in case someone else doesn't know this - that you don't have to ask at your doctor's office, just the ROI department.) Looks like the form you need is online: http://integrisok.co...-of-information

Edited to add: That page lists the charge for the records release, but I think that patients are able to get a copy of their records free of charge - at least at my hospital they are. Only other requestors are charged the fee.

At a minimum, PLEASE contact the state board. I hope you sue the crap out of this a-hol.

I had complications and I had not just one wonderful dr. who followed up, but I had two (his partner). My dr's are worth their weight in gold because of the complications that they dealt with with me (as well as have acted on my behalf after discharge).

I am so very sorry to read your experience. GET ANOTHER DR, a lawyer, and call the state board and see about filing a complaint about this "darling" dr. And pls do it FAST.