Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's only been a week since my surgery. I've been doing great so far also, drinking lots of Water, only eating a few ounces of Soup or broth at a meal with a little Jello as a treat afterwards. Since surgery i'm down 13 lbs now.

Whats driving my crazy though is being around others while they're eating normal food. I'm not feeling hungry or anything, but I have MAJOR urges to scarf down anything I can when I smell or see real food. It's been so bad at time instances that I've had to go outside while everyone was eating and go for a walk just so I wouldn't be around the food. I'm hoping this is just a phase I can get past with a little will power. :wacko:

Hey Nate :)

I'm 7 weeks out today and I went through the same things. Even though I had no desire to eat anything because I was still in some pain after a week out, the smell of cooking dinner made me want to take a nose dive on the table, lol. Now I can eat a little of whats cooking or what everyone else is having if I want, so the issue definitely goes away. I think most people on this forum would say that the 1st 4 weeks are the worst. After that, theres still some challenges, but once you can eat all textures, you'll be so much happier. Good luck to you :)

It will get better, trust me!

The week after I was sleeved was Thanksgiving, it sucked watching everyone eat yummy food while I had my Soup lol but you know what it got easier :)

Nate - I'm out 1 week too and tonight was hard. I'm still sitting here smelling the BBQ shish kebob my husband made for his dinner while my mouth feels so icky sweet from the Protein Shakes. I will start pureed on Monday and am making my gocery list now... I just want something that tastes savory... very tired of sweet.

I am almost 3 months post op and I promise you this is normal. I would go to the bathroom and cry while everyone ate. That was only the first wk or two. It gets better. Just hang in there. Walking is a great thing to do while everyone else eats.

It will get better. I was so very sick of food and its rule over my life that i just didn't care what anyone was eating. They were eating the enemy and I hated it. (dramatic, I know....;) ) When you start shrinking, you won't give a rat's....well....you know. :) Stay strong!! We got this!!