Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

got a fill and I'm eating more than ever!

Ok, So I got a fill Tuesday and did liquids for 2 days and now I feel like I'm eating just as much as before. My band is almost all the way full!!!! Today I had 1/2 a salad for lunch, then ate the other 1/2 of it just now (4 pm) and had a few m and m's (stressed - need chocolate!) and I will eat dinner later.

Yesterday I had a good 1 - 1 1/2 cups of Pasta at lunch, a peice of dark chocolate for a snack, and 6 fishsticks and 3/4 cup carrots for dinner and like 1/2 cup sugar free ice cream.

I hear all these other bandsters saying they eat like 2 crackers for lunch and 1/2 a lean cuisine for dinner and thats it. I have never been able to eat that little and my band is almost completely full now!

I think I eat pretty sensibly and I'm losing weight (very slowly, but still losing) but it worries me that I eat so much more than other bandsters (like 1-2 cups of food per meal) and I worry that I am hurting my band. Why is my band so full, yet I eat so much more than all of you???

Maybe your working all of yours off since you exercise a lot. I can eat 1/2 cup no problem and your also not eating Breakfast. Maybe that would jumpstart your day but you may be like me, I can't eat breakfast. I am tight for one thing and NO appetite. Today I had Decaf unsweet tea for breakfast, Water for lunch, 4 bites of steak and 4 bites of potatoe for supper and thats it. I know I'm not getting my Protein in but I just got my 2nd fill on Tuesday and I think it will take a while before it loosens up some.

I wouldn't worry about your band being "almost full." There's still a long way to go with 3.5. Most docs will fill a 4 cc band to at least 5 if necessary. Plus, the more you have in your band, the more each tenth of a cc affects your stoma size. Think about it -- since the outside of the band is a fixed diameter, as the inside gets smaller and smaller with more fill, it takes less Fluid to make the already smaller inside diameter even smaller.

You've got plenty of room in your band if you think you need more fill! You're weight loss is great. 5 more lbs to your mini goal! Way to go.

I can relate - i had my third fill on 8/23 and actually feel less restricted than before the fill. I'm so frustrated - and call me clueless but I didn't even realize there was a 4 cm band - i have the 9.75 cm and am at 2.0. My first fill was at 2.3 and i didn't have much then but since the unfill my weight is going up and up again. I already booked another flight to T.J.. on Sept 11 for more of a fill. I also do find that carbs don't fill me up as much either - straight Protein is a better filler - good you are losing weight even if slow.

This makes sense for me today then - I ate tuna salad - noodles are carbs and therefore I wasn't filled like when I eat cottage cheese. Now I know!! I have been trying to figure out why I ate it three times today at about 1+ cups per time! I have not been having any bread, Pasta, sugar, etc. and I've been fine, but today I felt like I was "bad"!! I didn't like that feeling at all. Plus I had 1/2 size oriental chicken salad from Applebee's last night and for something that used to be my absolute favorite thing, it wasn't that good! It was the first time I had eaten salad since my banding, too. Boy, you learn something new every day :) This board is awesome for advice :)