Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been off my Mobic for inflammatory in my knees and back for about 2 weeks. I literraly am in so much pain, I just want to stay in bed. Walking, bending moving my shoulder is soo painful . So, my question is what anti inflammatory medication or any type of help can I take now and after my surgery in two weeks? Ive been to the chiropractor and to get a massage and using a Tenz unit..nothing helps. Someone please give me some advice. I have fibromylagia and the beginning of Osteoporsis. Ive had knee scope and looking at knee replacement within 2-3 years...Im trying to push it out as far as possible. Any advice is appreciated.

I would discuss this with your surgeon. I have knee problems and one of the reasons I chose the sleeve over the rny is that my doctor said that anti-inflammatories can usually eventually be used with a sleeve, whereas that is not a possibility at all with a rny.

That said, he said the sleeve would have to be completely healed and that it is something that needs to be closely monitored. I think only your doc can answer this one.

I've been off my Mobic for inflammatory in my knees and back for about 2 weeks. I literally am in so much pain, I just want to stay in bed. Walking, bending moving my shoulder is so painful . So, my question is what anti inflammatory medication or any type of help can I take now and after my surgery in two weeks? Ive been to the chiropractor and to get a massage and using a Tens unit..nothing helps. Someone please give me some advice. I have fibromyalgia and the beginning of Osteoporosis. Ive had knee scope and looking at knee replacement within 2-3 years...I'm trying to push it out as far as possible. Any advice is appreciated.

I have degenerative joint and disk, fibromyalgia, OA, Migraines and I'm 6 wks post-op from knee surgery. No one is going to give you any anti-inflammatory to take by mouth. They just will not take the risk of you bleeding. The orthopedic surgeon put a steroid shot in my knee last week and they will give you general steroid shots and dose-pack, but other than that not much. Have you ever tried Cymbalta? It is a antidepressant used to treat the pain and fatigue associated with fibromyalgia and OA. It works well. Or you could ask about neurontin or Lyrica. They do pretty good too. I hate that we have to choose, in many situations, to be in pain, but maybe as the weight comes off it will not be as bad on you. Mine has become much, much less severe with my loss. Sorry I don't have anything else, but maybe you could try some of things above if you have not. Best wishes!!

I just posted about the same thing the other day. I have chronic, severe pain and have had a really hard time dealing without my Celebrex. I am now four weeks out and the PA today said that I could restart my Celebrex! Hallelujah! I am so happy.

Have you asked your surgeon how soon after surgery that you can restart the Mobic? That was one of the first questions I had for my surgeon when I met him as this was very important to me. If I were told no anti-inflammatory drugs ever again, I would have rethought the surgery.

I also have this problem and am scheduled for knee replacement in July. My dr put me on norco because I could not take my mobic

I was at the point where I could hardly walk I had my surgery June 6th. I ask the surgeon when I could start with anti inflammatories again and he said a month..

I just posted about the same thing the other day. I have chronic, severe pain and have had a really hard time dealing without my Celebrex. I am now four weeks out and the PA today said that I could restart my Celebrex! Hallelujah! I am so happy.

Have you asked your surgeon how soon after surgery that you can restart the Mobic? That was one of the first questions I had for my surgeon when I met him as this was very important to me. If I were told no anti-inflammatory drugs ever again, I would have rethought the surgery.

I see the nurse tomorrow...going to ask her then. I can barely walk or turn over in bed. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten until I was off the Mobic..

Thank you everyone for the input, I will ask the nurse tomorrow after all my lab work. Im so tired today from starting the diet too.. Trying not too, but I feel a scrooge look on my face. :angry:

I was just prescribed Mobic for ankylosing spondilitis (not sure if I spelled that correctly). I voiced my concern about taking anti inflammatories to the prescribing doctor and she seems to think it is alright since I am over a year and half post surgery. I've taken a couple with no problems, but I still need to call my surgeon to get the official OK. I asked him about Tramadol a while back and he said that was alright. Anyways, good luck to you and hope your pain subsides!

I know 5 weeks without my mobic sounds scary! I too have ankylosing spondylitis. I take humira and can take that until surgery ans after if no infections. Here's a suggestion for you guys with knee issues. Ask your surgeon about voltaren gel, pennsaid, or flector Patches. They are 3 different ways to topically get voltaren into the joint. I love love the patch! They are an nsaid, but only about 5% gets into your blood stream. My rheumy lets me use them with my mobic and mixing NSAIDS is a big no no but not enough gets into your blood to cause an issue!

My dr prescribed Voltaren Gel for my inflammation. It's topical and works right where it's needed and no need to digest

My dr prescribed Voltaren Gel for my inflammation. It's topical and works right where it's needed and no need to digest

I also use the Voltaren gel. Pre-surgery used to take 1500 mg Relafen a day for arthritis pain