Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did Anyone Schedule Without A Coordinator? Is It Necessary?

I was wondering if anyone has scheduled without a coordinator? Can you go straight through the Dr? I am thinking about using Dr Garcia for my surgury.. opinions either way would be great or can you even do it without one?

Dr Kelly does not use a coordinator. I am going to him this week along with about 6 other people! (different surgery dates tho)

You can reach Dr Kelly through his facilitator, Omar.

619-395-5347

wls-clinic@hotmail.com

Dr Aceves doesn't use a coordinator either. You'll just deal with Nina who works for him.

I'm going this week (wow that sounds strange!!)

To have surgery with Dr. Kelly and he doesn't use a coordinator. Omar is his assistant and it has been a pleasure communicating with him over the last few months. Can't wait to finally get over there and meet everyone!!

I was wondering if anyone has scheduled without a coordinator? Can you go straight through the Dr? I am thinking about using Dr Garcia for my surgury.. opinions either way would be great or can you even do it without one?

I was sleeved by Dr Kelly on Jan 18th and didn't use a coordinator. Personally, I don't understand why one is necessary. You can ask Dr Kelly any questions you have directly by texting him. He responds in a matter of minutes. You're going to Mexico to have surgery, not sight-see. Some coordinators take the patients around nearby shopping areas to pick up souvenirs. Really? You can't live without that for two days? The coordinators take roughly half of the doctors fee. That's insane. No wonder Dr Kelly didn't need one anymore. He was a very caring, qualified surgeon. I'm very happy I chose him.

The coordinators take roughly half of the doctors fee. That's insane. No wonder Dr Kelly didn't need one anymore. He was a very caring' date=' qualified surgeon. I'm very happy I chose him.[/quote']

I'm curious, how much was the sleeve surgery with Dr. Kelly without a coordinator?

Sleeve surgery with Dr Kelly is $5500. That includes everything including hospital fees, surgeon fees, 2 nights in hospital, 2 nights in a hotel. Just airfare if you need it, is extra. Can't say enough good things about Dr Kelly!

I'm curious, how much was the sleeve surgery with Dr. Kelly without a coordinator?

When Trish was working as a coordinator for Dr. Kelly, she quoted me a price of $5700. Six months later, when going through Dr. Kelly's assistant, Omar, I was quoted a price of $5500.

I used dr. Gracia and loved him!! I set up everything through Alma.

I'm working with Alma now. Love, love, love Alma! So Quick to reply to my emails and very reasuring. I'm scheduled with Dr. Garcia in Sept. I was curious because there really doesn't seem

to be a price difference. Dr. Garcia is $5,000 with Alma and I'm comfortable with my choice after months of researching and trolling discussion

boards like these. If it's 5K with Alma vs 5K without, and her involvement as a coordinator makes me feel more at ease, I'll take Alma :)

I have made up my mind of who to go with and I choose Dr Garcia. I was workind with another coorinator, who apparently nop longer works for the particular DR.. and I thought that it would have an impact on the cost, etc, but it does not. Alma contacted me from Dr Garcia, first she emailed me then she called me. I really felt like she knows her stuff and is there for us to help us all the way through. I was emailing her last night and she was replying.. I never imagined that she would but low and behold.. Im glad I have someone who I can contact at any time and within a matter of hours have an answer.. I am going alone and I told her that, she was so reassuring and let me know that there are 2 gals who will check on me at the hotel..

I have been speaking with Dr. Garcia's coordinator alma as well - really love her. She is extremely quick to respond and has answered her phone each time I have called. I sent her an email with lots of very specific questions and she called me almost immediately to answer all of my questions...she just went down the list and knew what she was talking about.

I am still pre-op and havent been down there but I am not really understanding what the "aversion" is to dealing with a coordinator. Alma has given me Dr. Garcia's email and I can also speak with him personally if I would like. I really think it depends on the surgeons preference. Maybe the surgeons that use a coordinator simply like having someone to help in all of the details.

You're going to Mexico to have surgery, not sight-see. Some coordinators take the patients around nearby shopping areas to pick up souvenirs. Really? You can't live without that for two days?

Wow...thats a little harsh. I personally could care less about sight seeing and purchasing souvenirs but why is that a horrible thing if on day 3 you want to get out of your hotel room and instead of paying for a taxi you have a coordinator take you around? Also, I have seen a number of people come from all over the globe to Mx....maybe they want to pick up a little something because they may never be back.

The coordinators take roughly half of the doctors fee. That's insane. No wonder Dr Kelly didn't need one anymore. He was a very caring, qualified surgeon. I'm very happy I chose him.

Really - is there proof of this? They take roughly half of the doctors fee, maybe I should apply for a job then. To me this also suggests that if your surgeon uses a coordinator they are less competent, not caring or qualified as Dr. Kelly is.

I apologize in advance, I rarely ever would post any type of response but this one really struck a nerve with me. The original poster lynnz asked if you could book without a coordinator? The responses she received (if I were just starting to research) would lead me to believe a surgeon that uses a coordinator are not as reputable or as good of a choice.

Maybe I am just crazy......wishing the best for everyone, no matter who they chose and for what reason.

Hi. I just re-read my post and I agree- it does seem a tad harsh. Sorry. But here's why I said what I said. I had booked my surgery thru A LIGHTER ME with one of Dr Kelly's coordinators. I forgot her name. She asked me to bring two checks with me to Mexico. 2500 made out to her company and 2700.00 to the doctor. About a week before my surgery she called me and tried to get me to switch to Dr Garcia - who I hadn't heard of at that point. She went into some long story about how she didn't feel comfortable referring people to Kelly any more. Turns out they had severed their relationship so she wanted me to use her new Dr.

The main reason I didn't feel I needed a coordinator is this: the coordinator lives in Califormia and doesn't come to the hospital to visit you. She only phones you At least mine didn't. Dr Kelly used a girl named Trish a while back and she did live in mexico. But she was the only one I saw when I was there.

Bottom line is- you should use who you feel comfortable with. If your coordinator is answering all your questions in a timely manner and is doing her job then that's all that counts.

So I apologize if I came across as harsh. I didn't mean to. Having been to Mexico myself and having dealt with a couple of coordinators from Dr Almanza and Dr Kelly I came to the conclusion that although they were nice and friendly - its the doctor who matters. I was only interested in what his previous patients had to say about him. I know dr Kelly and his wife take his patients out to dinner sometimes after the surgery. I think that's very nice of them. I do. But all I wanted was an uneventful surgery. I still text my doctor from time to time when I have a question. And he responds almost immediately. Imagine doing that with a surgeon in the US?

When Trish was working as a coordinator for Dr. Kelly, she quoted me a price of $5700. Six months later, when going through Dr. Kelly's assistant, Omar, I was quoted a price of $5500.

I was travelling yesterday and didn't see your question until just now. Sorry. When I first scheduled my surgery with dr Kelly's coordinator I was quoted 5700.00 too. She asked me to make out two checks. One for her and one for the doctor. After he severed his relationship with her Dr Kelly still charged me about the same. I can't believe he was performing this surgery all along for only 2500.00. Can you imagine? So now I guess he gets to keep it all. As it should be.

Thanks for your response :) It doesnt matter but im really curious what her name is .. does it start with an L?