Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My journey started 05/16/2012. I weighed 295. I was sleeved on this day and went home three days later. Initially the first two days once home I was depressed, hungry, and in a LOT of pain. I was very angry because I had come out of surgery hungry and it just continued. My Dr. explained this was normal and likely my hormones and/or stomach acid. She also stated it would take a while for my new stomach to adjust to my body or vice versa. Within just a few days my hunger subsided a great deal as well as my depression and pain. I was in zero pain less than a week after my surgery. I also have diabetes and high blood pressure. I left the hospital instructed to quit my diabetic meds, and at my two week follow up I was taken off my blood pressure meds.

AT my two week post op visit I dropped 14 lbs....of course I was disappointed because I wanted to lose more than that. After all I had nothing but liquids for 17 days straight and was exercising.

Now I am 3 1/2 weeks out and I feel great. Eating no carbs, no sweets, and no fried food in addition to exercising has made me feel so much better!!! I was getting headaches about every other day...now I have had only one in nearly a month.

I hope one day I can feel like a "normal" person and not have to worry what everybody else thinks of me. I adopted my little girl as a newborn right from the hospital 16 months ago, she is the reason I need to keep going and make myself healthier. One day I would love to meet someone that loves me. My boyfriend told me I will always be fatter than him and no matter how much I lose, it will never be enough. This makes me want to lose that much more.

Congratulations on 14# in 2 weeks!!! :-) That is an awesome start! I can't wait to be sleeved, I'm hoping for late Sept/early Oct. I am an adoptive single mom myself, my precious girl from China will be 3 in just 3 weeks! She is the reason I started this journey, and I can't wait to be healthier and smaller, so I can keep up with her!! :-) Best wishes for your journey, keep us posted!!

PS- if that is your boyfriend's idea of being supportive or loving...kick his ass to the curb!!! You deserve better...so does your kiddo!! :-) hugs!

Congratulations on 14# in 2 weeks!!! :-) That is an awesome start! I can't wait to be sleeved, I'm hoping for late Sept/early Oct. I am an adoptive single mom myself, my precious girl from China will be 3 in just 3 weeks! She is the reason I started this journey, and I can't wait to be healthier and smaller, so I can keep up with her!! :-) Best wishes for your journey, keep us posted!!

PS- if that is your boyfriend's idea of being supportive or loving...kick his ass to the curb!!! You deserve better...so does your kiddo!! :-) hugs!

WOW!!! That is awesome!! You know pretty much EXACTLY what I am going through....weight wise and having a reason to do this. I would love to say I did this all for myself but truly it was so I could be around and see my sweet daughter grow up.

Yeah as soon as this weight comes off me and my sweet baby girl are relocating and starting over...and I can not WAIT!! Thank you for the encouragement and the best to you and your daughter as well :)

Good for you! You and that sweet little one deserves better!!! I dont have kids but i understand needing the secuirty of being "skinny" to start over!!! Prayers for you!

With the "support" you're getting from your boyfriend, you need to get a new one and along the way take care of yourself (& your little one).

Same here on the diabetes and blood pressure. Haven't had any meds since day before surgery and last A1C was 5.7 - whoo hoo!! You got this girl and congrats on taking control of your life!

"My boyfriend......." make that "MY EX-boyfriend" - what an ass he doesn't deserve to be a part of your life or that child's with an attitude like that! (I can say that because I had one that said pretty close to the same kinda thing years ago when I was a size 5 - wanted me to lose more weight. So I gained more to hide myself instead of dumping his sorry ass!!