Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am two weeks out and still has the urge for sweets. I brought some sugar free shortbread Cookies? How can I control my urge for sweets? What kind of foods are out there that can help me with my sweet tooth?

I am two weeks out and still has the urge for sweets. I brought some sugar free shortbread Cookies? How can I control my urge for sweets? What kind of foods are out there that can help me with my sweet tooth?

I don't have any advice as i have not been sleeved yet but was curious: you're able to eat Cookies at 2 weeks out? It doesnt hurt your new pouch? Just curious. Thx!

They are shortbread Cookies so I just suck on them until they dissolve in my mouth. I am not swallowing the cookie because it is very mushy.

sugar free fudgscicles do it for me. 35 calories, 1 gram of fat, 2 grams of Protein in each one. Delish!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Ok, I haven't been sleeved but have been researching and reading a lot! Don't give in to those cookies! I believe eating those will keep the cravings going! From what I can see, stick to ur Protein or whatever is on ur plan! U can do this! Drink water! Maybe u r just thirsty! Find something to get ur mind off eating! Get those Cookies out of the house so u won't be tempted! I'm no doctor and I'm sure that I'll need the support and reinforcement too! Just trying to help! :). U can do it! :)

Hi I like sugar free popsicles. I bought the cheapo Kroger grocery brand.

SF popsicles are my go to for sweet cravings. There's also a recipe for Protein ice cream that's pretty yummy! :) You do need to de-sugar yourself for the best weight loss... and getting rid of the simple sugars will help remove the cravings. I think that's part of the point of the pre-op and post-op liquid diet, to give us a chance to change our eating habits.

Good luck! :) (Says she who ate 3 spoonfuls of real ice cream at a friend's house tonight and is now craving junk!)

I use to eat the sugar free pudding. it is delish! Now I drink my Protein Shakes. BTW, we don't have a pouch, we still have about 15% of our stomach. ;)

I agree, at only 2 weeks out, eating those Cookies is not a good idea. sugar free Jello or popsicles are a great idea. Or sugar free pudding, it is sweet and rich so it will fill you up too. Also, if you find a Protein Shake that you like that is sweet, try that. I had a vanilla one that tasted like a vanilla milkshake, and a chocolate one that tasted like chocolate milk.

By eating those Cookies so early out, you are setting yourself up for a bad start. The first few months of the sleeve is the best time to help establish good new habits. The sleeve is an amazing tool, but remember, it is exactly that, a tool. It is not a magical cure, and you can eat a lot of things that are slider foods that will sabotage your efforts. It doesn't mean you will never get to eat any treats again, it just means you have to learn to treat them exactly for what they are, treats.

Good luck finding something that you enjoy to replace those cookies!