Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheese Fat Free , Low Fat Or Regular?

I went to try melted cheese for the first tome today, purchased the fat Free mozz and cheddar....nothing cheezy about it, didn't even melt properly.

What are you guys using?

I use low fat cheeses. They melt pretty good and tastes good too. ;)

I use low fat cheeses. They melt pretty good and tastes good too. ;)

I use low fat cheeses as well, whenever possible. Taste great!

It's tricky because usually to keep the creamy taste of low fat cheese they have to use additives, which can make it higher in carbs and lower in Protein than the regular kind. Sometimes the additive is wood-pulp based, which is why it won't melt very well. So it depends on your vices: Carbs or fat? Either in small doses and moderation is OK.

I generally do full or low fat. If I do a pungent full fat cheese, I can use less for the same flavor, and I don't have all of the nasty additives.

I used low fat cheese when eating dairy- Cottage cheese, string cheese, slices etc... when I buy it from the deli fresh I get regular.

I eat such small amounts of cheese that I just eat regular cheese, but I don't have it that often.

I tend to go for the full just because that is my choice and I don't like to eat a ton of processed with chemical foods. After I read the book "The Perfect 10 diet" it really changed my views on fat free and low fat foods.

I use the low fat or regular cheeses, depending on the application. The low fat cheeses tend to have a bit more Protein in them along with the somewhat reduced calorie count, so they work well during the loss phase. Now, in maintenance, I use the regular cheeses more since I need to have more fat (along with everything else,) in my diet now.

Regular fat... Low fat and fat free foods rarely are just the removal of fat/sugar without the additive of something else. My diet approach post-op is balanced and as natural as possible.