Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Couldnt Get Sleeved Yesterday My Nightmare Continues

at 5pm yesterday my surgeon went in to remove my lapband and perform my sleeve gastrectomy. once inside he saw the horror my other surgeon left inside me. if you read "my story , lengthy but its mine" you know the fate i suffered under that doctor already. the mess inside of me was a band broken in 3 place and covered in pus, a hernia that was supposed to be meshed that is exposed while the mesh is a huge roll just laying in the half attached to my insides. i also have adhesions everywhere. you can imagine how angry and sad and depressed i am at the moment. i will need to heal for 3-6 months it seems before they can even touch me and figure out how to fix all this damage. maybe then i will be sleeved. :( im just so heartbroken. :(

I am so sorry you are having so many issues. It will happen, just be patient. You want to make sure they get you all healed and cleaned up from the botched first surgery so you dont have more issues. Hugs to you, keep the faith!

I feel for you... All I can say is to keep your head up! I believe everything happens for a reason. But you will get your sleeve in time, and it'll be the RIGHT time. But patience certainly isn't my strong suit, so...I feel for you. :(

So sorry but glad that silicone piece of junk is out of there. That's horrifying. Who was your previous surgeon?

I know it doesn't feel like it now, but the good news is you are still on your way. The really good destinations are usually prefaced by long and difficult journeys. *hugs*

I am so sorry you are continuing to suffer like this. Were they able to do anything for you? Remove the band and some of the misplaced mesh to give you a head start on healing, perhaps? Best of luck going forward; keep us posted

Robbie

Just wow! I am so sorry. Focus on healing up. It will happen.

You'll need a lot of Protein. If you want to do shakes, lean Protein and veggies, did the doctor say it was okay? I would think so. You could treat this like moving ahead instead of backwards.

I know how I would feel if I were you. I'm not trying to minimize your feelings. I'm just hoping you don't despair over this.

Did they get all the band out, remove the mesh, fix the hernia and remove the adhesions? or do they have to go back in for some of that?

We are here for you. Stay active on the boards.

I'm sorry to hear about what you are going thru! I had a horrible experience before as well...I have had the band in and out 3 times... Your time will come... maybe this is better... i wanted to be sleeved and have the last band removed at the same time as well... but the doctor told me that if he did that, my chances of a leak were very high because of all the damage i have inside of me!!! I just want you to know that id rather wait than to suffer a leak. i read someone's experience of a leak on here, and cried for them. I'm glad our surgeons are making smart decisions rather than wrong ones just to make money and be done with it. Ill keep you in my prayers... Goodluck!

Well, thank God something is being done on the repair side of things at this point. Your journey is more complicated than most, but you will get there in time. There are a lot of things you can do in the meantime that will put you in a GREAT place when you are sleeved. I am working to change lifelong habits such as snacking, eating tll stuffed, making poor choices, avoiding the call of the drive-thru window. I was thinking today about how if I had only addressed these issues beforehand, I might not have even needed surgery!

I know you probably don't want to hear this stuff right now. You do have my utmost sympathy. What a disappointment. Hang in there...

I agree that you need to call a lawyer. But, no amount of money is going to make this jerk of a doctor turn into a true healer. IMO, he should be taken out and shot at dawn every day for a year... that MIGHT be enough punishment for him. I read your previous thread and it seems you aren't his only victim. Please tell me that he's not "practicing" medicine.

(((Hugs to you))) I'm sorry you didn't get your sleeve, but thrilled that they are going to treat the infection before you became septic and died!

WOW.. sending prayers and good thoughts of healing and peace to you.. I agree that you should consult an attorney...

oh my Lord! I do not know your past history but I am praying for you!! HUGS!! :wub:

Big hugs. It sounds like you're now with a good surgeon who wants the best for you. If healing up will make for a better sleeve surgery in the long run, it'll be worth the wait! Sorry you're going through this. Speedy recovery to you!

I'm sorry to read that, but God send you this doctor in the right moment to fix everything bad that was happening inside of you... And think cold you had another jerk and doing it witout any care... You are in the safe side right now, sleeve is a secondary thing right now, you and your health are first... Sending my prayers to you... Dios te Bendiga

I know it is easier said than done but be happy that you have a great Dr that is doing the best for you. I hope that your New Dr was able to remove your band, and fix all that he could to help you get back to a newer normal. It is good to give your body the 3-6 months time to heal and re adjust as you would be very upset if you body was in shock from the loss of most its stomach and just swelled. Anything could of happened and our bodies can be fickle at times.

When I had my sleeve done there was a lady whom had her band removed for 6 months before she could have sleeve as she had a infection in it from a USA fill center. She didn't want to wait but then 48 hours after she was sleeved she was glad she waited. As the Dr had told her that he could see what was done and what damage was caused and it was healed up well.