Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intimidating

Does anyone else think the weight machines in a gym look like torture devices?? I'm so thankful I have a PT to tell me what to do on these things. Its so confusing! So proud of myself today for getting in almost 90 mins of cardio in and then worked with my PT on all the weight machines. Feeling tired and sore though so tomorrow will have to be a short day I think. :)

I think the cardio machines look like torture devices, too! :)

I use to walk by a machine that looked interesting and then walk by it again. Then, I would circle it like a shark in hopes of seeing the instructions on how to get into the machine. Now, I just stand there like i have no shame and look at the instructions, diagrams, pictures and anything else that will help me figure the contraption out!

What would be recommended to someone who doesnt have a gym nearby to attend? I own a treadmill, weight set with leg press etc. So if you have no gym accessible what one piece of equipment would one add to what I already have, to assure good overall workouts. I was thinking of an elliptical? Any suggestions?

I think an elliptical would be great, but you should really use it before you buy it to make sure it's a good fit for you. Ellipticals have different stride lengths. The one I love at my gym makes my workout partner really hurt because we have different stride lengths. She prefers the one at our community center while it makes me feel like I'm taking baby steps.

I love my recumbent bikes, though. You can vary the intensity and it's much easier to use than the elliptical, at least early in your weight loss journey. If you have knee problems, the bike is a great way to get in an intense workout without killing your knees.

Yep, I can never get into the training machines or stationary cycles. For one thing I get BORED out of my mind. Funny thing is I can go to the pool and swim for an hour with nothing more to look at but the bottom of the pool and I'm just fine. I can ride my bike out doors for an hour too with no problem, put me in a gym and I'm bored to tears. I am lucky that our city has an adult wellness center with a pool as well as a nice hike / bike trail system.

I use to walk by a machine that looked interesting and then walk by it again. Then, I would circle it like a shark in hopes of seeing the instructions on how to get into the machine. Now, I just stand there like i have no shame and look at the instructions, diagrams, pictures and anything else that will help me figure the contraption out!

I still feel that way. When I'm on the treadmill I'm checking out what other people are doing on their machines, lol. I keep looking at the elliptical, but my PT said that can be difficult to use when you first get started so I think I'll stick with what I'm using right now til I get more stamina. Unless theres no one at the gym one day when I'm there, lol. The elliptical seems to be the most popular thing though, theres always a ton of people on them :/

MK, It took me a LONG time to get up my nerve to try the elliptical. Then I could only do about 3 minutes before I thought I'd pass out. I tried the one at my community center and did 15 minutes with no problems. The second one is about worn out, so no resistance and easier to make it move, but it helped me figure out the motion that I'm looking for on the one at the gym.

What would be recommended to someone who doesnt have a gym nearby to attend? I own a treadmill, weight set with leg press etc. So if you have no gym accessible what one piece of equipment would one add to what I already have, to assure good overall workouts. I was thinking of an elliptical? Any suggestions?

Recumbent bike

post-55368-13813669640566_thumb.jpg

I would look at one of these or an elliptical.

post-30418-13813658923309_thumb.jpg