Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies-- How Did You Keep Up With Bra Sizes?!

My local Walmart and Kmart sell them in the "Seen on TV" section of the store. I paid less than $20 for 2 bras. They come in a box with two bras in them. The sizes are like t-shirt sizes: small, medium, large, etc., which is why they fit better when losing weight, IMO.

His2my2our4, you may be onto something. I didn't remove the triangles when washing, and it probably would prevent the rolling that happens if I did that.

I bought a couple bras smaller, (band not cup) then got a few bra extenders so they will fit for longer.

I'm in a weird place with my bras too! I keep losing inches "around" but not losing in the cup... So the number keeps going down and the cup size up! I guess it's better than my mom who is losing them altogether but it is making it really tough to purchase bras!!

So far, I am having the same problem. The cups are right where they are supposed to be but the strap around is too loose. This is the first I have heard of a genie bra. Where do you get them? I have worn mine to their absolute capacity. I am now on the last loop and have to put them on high heat in the dryer to shrink them (which means they have no more underwire either).

My local Walmart and Kmart sell them in the "Seen on TV" section of the store. I paid less than $20 for 2 bras. They come in a box with two bras in them. The sizes are like t-shirt sizes: small, medium, large, etc., which is why they fit better when losing weight, IMO.

His2my2our4, you may be onto something. I didn't remove the triangles when washing, and it probably would prevent the rolling that happens if I did that.

Should have read further, I will look today, thanks!

Well how about going to Ross or marshals/tj maxx.. Bras are like 5 to 10 bux there.. Just to hold u over til you stable out your weigh then thou can buy the good stuff...

I am using the tightest hooks for the circumference and have had to slide the shoulder straps the shortest they can go. I can go down a cup size probably.

Yesterday I tried on a size large bikini top (it must be juniors because it's Roxy). It fit more or less, but I have to make sure I'm all tucked in what with all the lose skin. I have 40+ pounds to go depending on if I revise my final goal.

When I started I was sure I was not going anywhere near plastics. now I'm not so sure.

So my bras before surgery were 40H I measure to buy a 38G right now but haven't bought more. As they are $$$ lanebryant right now has a coupon code $40 off $100 and the bras and buy one get one 50% off. I am still wearing my 40H and some 42DDD that I had stashed but they are too big if I bend over they fall out the top TMI :). I am thinking about buy some that are a little tight buy might try a coobie, genie bra route.

Thanks for this post and to all of you who have replied. I just ordered the Genie Bras from their website - www.geniebra.com . Six bras for $59. I had spent some serious money on bras last Summer at Nordstrom and one bra was around $60 so the Genie Bra is a good value.

Ok you all just convinced me. SOLD! I just put an order in on bed bath and beyond. 20 for 2. If you go to geniebra.com they have buy 3 get 3 free but it works out to the same price. about 10 per bra. Still a good deal! Only problem with the site is you would get 6 of the same size. they dont break them down. So i ordered from BBB and got 2 2x and 2 1x for down the road

Lori

I found these amazing bras at Jcpenney called Ambrielles. Its like wearing nothing and with amazing support. They are cheap too $19 or there is sales buy 2 get one free. I went from a 44D and those got too big than I got about 3 Ambrielles in a 42D and a couple of sports bras from Walmart for $8 each.

Now I am down to a 38DD or 40D. I just bought 3 more and a couple more sports bra so it hasn't been that expensive.

Bras are a four-letter word for me. I had a hard time finding bras that worked before surgery, and now it's even worse. At my heaviest, I was a 40I/J. The inches around my back were the first to go, while cup size is taking it's sweet time to catch up. So now I'm about a 34H, which most brands do not make. And I've ordered over $3500 worth over the internet and have only found ONE that barely works for my shape (the rest were returned). Those babies are not cheap at $60-80 a pop!

I took some of my favorites to a tailor and paid $15 each to have her take in the band. It's not great, but it gets me by for now. The only problem is now the straps are kind of far over in my armpits, so there is some pain by the end of the day and I can't wear cute tank tops because it shows through.

I need something to wear at night because sleeping with these things is a nightmare. They literally hang to my bellybutton and fall under my arms at night. I get a stretching and tearing feeling on my chest and wake up multiple times to "adjust them." If anyone else is "melon challenged" and has ideas, let me know. Genie bras and the such don't work for me because if the cup size works, then the band is huge on me (and vice versa).

Bras are a four-letter word for me. I had a hard time finding bras that worked before surgery, and now it's even worse. At my heaviest, I was a 40I/J. The inches around my back were the first to go, while cup size is taking it's sweet time to catch up. So now I'm about a 34H, which most brands do not make. And I've ordered over $3500 worth over the internet and have only found ONE that barely works for my shape (the rest were returned). Those babies are not cheap at $60-80 a pop!

I took some of my favorites to a tailor and paid $15 each to have her take in the band. It's not great, but it gets me by for now. The only problem is now the straps are kind of far over in my armpits, so there is some pain by the end of the day and I can't wear cute tank tops because it shows through.

I need something to wear at night because sleeping with these things is a nightmare. They literally hang to my bellybutton and fall under my arms at night. I get a stretching and tearing feeling on my chest and wake up multiple times to "adjust them." If anyone else is "melon challenged" and has ideas, let me know. Genie bras and the such don't work for me because if the cup size works, then the band is huge on me (and vice versa).

That sounds like you have a case for insurance covering breast reduction surgery. Friggen OUCH!!!!!

A lot of people on these forums seem to like their melons. Personally I'd be happy with a B cup. Right now I'm a C and they hang like deflated balloons.

I got Ginnie/ahh bras knockoff from Ross.... 2 for 4.99 they fit like a dream I have them on right now in class...ladies you don't have to spend a tom on money on transitional bras..

Ladies a bra is part of your foundation. It can make you look lumpy or saggy. Might I suggest going bra shopping with a friend at a buy one get one sale or 2 for sale. Dillards in Houston has a brand called Modern Movement it has a little padding if your girls get perky at inoppurtune times. It is the best t-shirt bra ever..and i get more women complementing me and asking about the type of bra i wear.