Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Months Out And Still No Regrets!

Welll! I have been working on this whole weight loss thing for a little over a year now with Fresh Start Bariatrics in columbus Ohio, And its so surreal to me that im at this point now! Its three months out and I have lost about....drum roll please..........69 lbs since surgery!!! I cant believe it. That makes about 145ish since April of last year. I feel like I need pinched. I have more energy now that i ever remember having, and i finally weigh less than 300lbs, which i havent since probably freshman year in high school! And i hope to never ever see the three hundreds again!!

While everything has gone great during my recoverey, i have had a few dizzy spells. Also I get this really horrible pain in my abdomen. its hard to explain, like nausea but like my muscles in my chest and abdomen are super tight....the squad came to get me because my BP went up, and then I was in the ER a couple weeks ago because the pain was not going away. What makes it weird though is i was in pain for a few hours, and then all of a sudden it was just gone. It was the same way the first time it happened. But Dr. Sonnanstine told me he thinks that it could be my gallbladder, and that it most likely doesnt have much to do with my surgery. He wants to wait a few morw months to see if i have any more episodes before ordering an ultrasound.. He said it could just be my body healing or a form of dumping syndrome, but hes pretty sure its my gallbladder. And even though its very unpleasant when ithappens, ive only had these pains 3 times and the energy i feel on a daily basis is amazing, and i would do the surgery over again in a heartbeat, i do not regret my decision at all!!

I would have to say the best part so far is being able to walk into a store and buy clothes! now i can fit into a size 22 (i feel like im lying, like i shouldnt be able to fit into a 22, but its the truth!! crazzzyyy!)

Mentally its so hard for my mind to catch up! While i have bought a few new pants, I bought my shirt too big because i look at the clothes and feel like there is no way it will fit me. its so exciting to go into a dressing room and not leave wanting to cry! But since some of my old clothes still fit me I dont feel like my body is all that different... When i really take the time to look in the mirror at myself its hard for my mind to comprehend the changes that i see. Also, my mind completely messes with me when i receive complements on how i look. People say how different I look, how my stomach is gone, that i was pretty before but now i look so much better... and it feels great to hear it, but after having so many people say it over and over again its like wow, people really didnt think of me the way i thought they did, and it just feels odd. I dont know, I am just hoping that with time my mind will catch up and these contradicting feeling will go away!

Im soo excited for my future. There are so many things that people take for granted that you cant do that are a lot more difficult to do as a severely overweight person.. like ride on the back of a motorcycle or ride on a rollar coaster, or on an airplane... or even sit in a normal chair for that matter. Ive got the last one checked off the list already, which feels sooo amazing...and i know the rest will happen all in good time... I just feel like life is great right now, and i have so much to look forward to. This surgery has really changed my life as a wife, a mommy and a woman for the better, and I sure am thanking my lucky stars for every second of it!

post-21447-13813658899974_thumb.jpg

wow ! Keep on doin' what you're doin' because it's working ! I pray that your possible gall bladder pain never comes back. Are you taking ursodiol ? My surgeon prescribes it for all his WLS patients to be taken for 6 months after surgery.

You look beautiful! You can really see such a huge transformation!! Your attitude is amazing too. Congrats and good luck to you. You are definitely a major success. Way to go!

What an inspiration to other young people you are! Congratulations on your success. I hope your head catches up with the wonderful changes your body is going through because you deserve all the compliments and positivity that is coming your way. You are a very beautiful woman right now, and it's only going to get better. Hold on for the ride!!! And I hope those nasty stomach pains don't come back, but if they do, it sounds like your surgeon has a good plan.

I had my gallbladder taken out a couple of years ago and the pain you are describing is spot on with your gallbladder. I let mine go for a couple of years because they thought it was an ulcer and kept giving me medication. The last gallbladder attack I had I thought I was having a heart attack! lol I got to the hospital and it stopped hurting.. grrrr!! They did a sonogram and I had 3 gallstones and they did surgery the next day. Man was that a life changing experience! Hope they get whatever it is soon!

Congrats on your weightloss! Good luck on the rest of your journey =)

Thanks for sharing!!! Fantastic results!