Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are you all doing this weekend. I'm going out for a little Breakfast and then will come home and start my bowel prep - 1 bottle magensium citrate and Clear Liquids for the rest of the weekend. After many weeks of alternating being terrified and scared to happy I think I have finally found peace with my choice.

I spent an hour on the gazelle this morning before my chocolate shake with Fiber (thank goodness only one more of those left for tomorrow) lunch & dinner is strawberry. ...Hahaha after 13 days of no food but 3 shakes a day and I think I eeked in 2 sugar-free popsicles and a whole ton of Water, I think i'm doing fine.

I actually haven't dreamed about surgery yet at all. I'm not scared or excited yet. I'm just me. I do miss my Vitamins which I haven't been allowed to take in a week. Yesterday was the first day I got a cramp in my leg, but I worked out and did a whole ton of chores and shopping and I think I may have gotten a bit dehydrated though I had about 75 ounces of Water.< /p>

I spent my time the last few weeks staying busy, I cleaned cabinets, closets, packed away old clothes brought out old clothes, literally caught up on all laundry. Yesterday I did my grocery shopping, got all my prescriptions filled and have them ready for the next two weeks, I homemade my laundry detergent, set up bill pay for all my bills due this week. I have dinner list made up for the family for the next two weeks and have a shopping list for things that we will need picked up that we will run out of like (bread) & milk for the family.

Today I vacuum, dust, wash floors, shave legs (already did eyebrows & hair color).

I got my bags packed almost.

Have Lip Balm, Box of Charmine Wipes, New Toothbrush, toothpaste, Bottle of biotene mouth wash, cloth hair bands to put my hair back, brush, bought a small fan for the hospital room, have new crocs for walking the halls, kindle & charger ready to go, a hug pillow, a soft & squishy throw blanket that is comforting and smells like Downy, a robe to cover my butt, Can of Lysol (i know it's a hospital but I'm ocd and will want the bathroom sprayed) 2 rolls of Charmin Toilet paper (I don't like sandpaper) A & D Ointment in case...well you know I hate my booty to hurt if I have to go too much. I have a binder with all the instructions from the doctor, including my wrist band that has my type & screen on it, my sheet of paper that I need to mark to keep track of liquids for Tuesday, Wed & Thursday, a Pen. Nail Polish for my toes, I'm sure I can con my mom into doing it for me. Spirometer packed and ready (given to me in advance to take with )

I already have Isopure at home and plenty of water at home for me. Long body pillow to use between my husband and me which will help me to get in and out bed easier. I made my follow-up appointment to get my drain out on the 13th.

Tomorrow get up have the stupid chocolate Fiber - 2 more strawberries shakes for the day, I will work out and cook dinner for the family then we are asked to wash our bedding and have fresh linen before bed and take a shower right before bed and wash with a special soap that's suppose to be quite drying.

Monday Morning I have to wash with another bottle of the special soap and be at the hospital at 10:00am unless I receive a call Sunday night.

I'm ready...I think.

SOunds like you guys are ready...I will be preparing this week for next weekend....

Good in Houston.... Eatin a light lunch then Protein Drink for dinner tomorrow just Water and nothing after 8pm.... Then hospital at 8am see yall on the looser's bench!

Good Luck Karen and DCMak and PeVette, I don't know why, but I adore you. You are always so positive!!!!

aawweee, thank you, as I do you...you have already lost so much weight before even having the procedure, that's like major "thumbs up", and now taken charge to bring us June sleevers together, that was BIG! I can't wait for all of us to be on the "looser's bench" !

I think the other months are jealous now! LOL :)

I spent an hour on the gazelle this morning before my chocolate shake with Fiber (thank goodness only one more of those left for tomorrow) lunch & dinner is strawberry. ...Hahaha after 13 days of no food but 3 shakes a day and I think I eeked in 2 sugar-free popsicles and a whole ton of Water, I think i'm doing fine.

I actually haven't dreamed about surgery yet at all. I'm not scared or excited yet. I'm just me. I do miss my Vitamins which I haven't been allowed to take in a week. Yesterday was the first day I got a cramp in my leg, but I worked out and did a whole ton of chores and shopping and I think I may have gotten a bit dehydrated though I had about 75 ounces of Water.< /p>

I spent my time the last few weeks staying busy, I cleaned cabinets, closets, packed away old clothes brought out old clothes, literally caught up on all laundry. Yesterday I did my grocery shopping, got all my prescriptions filled and have them ready for the next two weeks, I homemade my laundry detergent, set up bill pay for all my bills due this week. I have dinner list made up for the family for the next two weeks and have a shopping list for things that we will need picked up that we will run out of like (bread) & milk for the family.

Today I vacuum, dust, wash floors, shave legs (already did eyebrows & hair color).

I got my bags packed almost.

Have Lip Balm, Box of Charmine Wipes, New Toothbrush, toothpaste, Bottle of biotene mouth wash, cloth hair bands to put my hair back, brush, bought a small fan for the hospital room, have new crocs for walking the halls, kindle & charger ready to go, a hug pillow, a soft & squishy throw blanket that is comforting and smells like Downy, a robe to cover my butt, Can of Lysol (i know it's a hospital but I'm ocd and will want the bathroom sprayed) 2 rolls of Charmin Toilet paper (I don't like sandpaper) A & D Ointment in case...well you know I hate my booty to hurt if I have to go too much. I have a binder with all the instructions from the doctor, including my wrist band that has my type & screen on it, my sheet of paper that I need to mark to keep track of liquids for Tuesday, Wed & Thursday, a Pen. Nail Polish for my toes, I'm sure I can con my mom into doing it for me. Spirometer packed and ready (given to me in advance to take with )

I already have Isopure at home and plenty of water at home for me. Long body pillow to use between my husband and me which will help me to get in and out bed easier. I made my follow-up appointment to get my drain out on the 13th.

Tomorrow get up have the stupid chocolate fiber - 2 more strawberries shakes for the day, I will work out and cook dinner for the family then we are asked to wash our bedding and have fresh linen before bed and take a shower right before bed and wash with a special soap that's suppose to be quite drying.

Monday Morning I have to wash with another bottle of the special soap and be at the hospital at 10:00am unless I receive a call Sunday night.

I'm ready...I think.

MinaT, I am so excited for you! Sounds like you're prepared! I hope you do well. Please let us know that you're okay, when you feel up to it.

~Jane

Omg Mina were are going to be okay with God will we all going to okey....I am done with everything my bag is prepared...I left everything prepared for the family... I have to be in the hospital at 7:30am .......I will keep you guys posted. I will pray for you June sleevers and you guys pray for me.......:)

Im on Monday too! I had a dream about surgery. My dream was they were wheeling me to the operating room and put me on the table. The whole time I had this calmness over me like everything was going to be ok. It was weird but I really believe everything will be ok. :)

As for the clear diet I'm nervous not really sure what I can have or not have. I know not to have anything red and no beef broth. Can I have Protein drinks?

I've got most of my stuff packed. I still trying to figure out if I want to take my makeup. I'm thinking no because I will be busy walking or sleeping. When I come home I probably will just want to take a shower. So far I have packed: lip balm, toothpaste, toothbrush, laptop and charger, couple magazines, medications I take daily, Shampoo, soap, facial wipes, down south wipes :), Water for on the way home, a moo moo when I leave the hospital, undies, pads just in case flo shows up, body pillow, blanket for on the way home, a Sippy cup so I sip not gulp Water. Trying to train myself :) I think that pretty much is it.

I hope everyone has a great surgery and a speedy recovery. It's going to be great to call ourselves a loser!

OK - so now I feel unprepared cause I haven't packed a bag yet. I know that I'm not bringing my makeup or hair stuff. Now I'm wishing I had bought some headbands to get my hair out of my face. Debating on the Kindle because I don't think I will find myself reading but I might download a bood on my IPod because at least I could listen.

I have my Protein drinks, my powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth, the cystosport whey isolate drinks cause I like them better than Isopure. Popsicles and Jello.

So my pre-op diet was 30 days of low carbs, under 30g a day. The today I had to drink magnesium citrate to clear my bowels and am on liquids only until midnight tomorrow and then nothing. My surgery is at 7:30am and I will be at the hospital at 5am!

Yay for all of us!! I seem to be much calmer than I have been in these past few weeks!

Good luck you guys! Do us june sleevers proud. I'm in count-down mode - 11 days. Wooo hooo!

This is just what my surgeon and bariatric center tells us. I understand that mine is a little stricter than others, but it's a very extensive program and with it we have free nutritionist and nursing for life, so I'm definitely following their plan, but everyone should follow what their doctor says. If your doctor says you can eat the 2nd week...well then, mayhaps you want to research and be your own advocate and do what you really feel is right for you.

Clears are anything you can hold up to a light and see through. sugar-free Jello & SF Popsicles are on the clears. As is Propel Zero, crystal light, Isopure.

Post op clear diet we were told to purchase Isopure. You can buy them in glass bottles at GNC. They have Grape, Ice Tea with lemon (tastes like Ice Tea but has a wheat grassish taste) Orange, then Banana/Pineapple/something/something, a blue berry flavor, a fruit punch flavored. I tried a few of them and truly, they aren't all that great, but cold they aren't too bad. Each bottle has 40 grams of Protein. Sip, Sip, Sip at first. It will be a while before you are downing 80 grams of Protein, just make sure you are getting as much protein in as possible. I bought MIO to enhance the flavors, I bought an Orange, Lemon and Grape MIO.

*EDITED TO SAY ISOPURE COSTS ABOUT $5.00 A BOTTLE - most have 20% off so you can get 2 bottles for $8.00. You will not be drinking 2 bottles a day, at first it will be hard to get all your liquid in and clears is normally a short period of time. To me it's expensive, but I bought some and one bottle is guaranteed 40 grams of protein and that in itself is worth it.

chicken broth is next. Some like powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup, I tried it, I didn't care for it myself, I am more of a broth person. I have tried several (these don't have protein) but the least salty and best tasting to me is Wyler's Mrs. Grass Chicken Noodle (with the egg). I just use the broth packet with 3 cups of Water and it's good.

After that is liquids. Liquids is anything you can drink through a straw (don't drink through a straw though...) Find a good high protein, low carb shake.

I will probably use unflavored 100% whey protein powder to enhance things like my broth and when we get to mushy stage, i will probably throw it in instant mashed potatoes, and on food to help out. I will make sure I stick with at least one shake a day that has a minimum of 25 grams of protein in it and perhaps two and just slowly work my way into food. When I'm on mushy I bought white albacore tuna and light mayo and will make it mushy and try a little at a time.

My surgeon has us doing this really slow - 2 weeks clear, 3-5 full liquids, mushy, soft then regular. I have sheet sheets with ideas and recipes.

Don't forget to your chewable Vitamins, optisource is the one I chose, it's chewable, the other ones people use is Flinstones but you will still need to buy Calcium and I think it's Iron, i'm not sure. I chose optisource because it's all inclusive. Since I take Flaxseed Oil and Glucosamine Chondritan, I bought liquid forms. I bought sublingual Vitamin b too.

pills we are not allowed to take any pills larger than an M&M.

Good Luck everyone. I think it's setting in a little bit this evening. One more day of shakes...one more day and then we all go in and will be on the other sides. Wow!

So we are going to need to be here to support each other for the day 4 and 5 meltdowns the other's seem to experience. I think having a number of people sleeved on the same day will be a great support. I know that I feel very calm but scared about the pain/soreness/life change that will come after the surgery. Then I remind myself that I made it through a year of chemotherapy so this should be a piece of ..... (not cake) chicken! LOL

Oh Mina - I'm also getting my drain out on the 13th too! I made that appointment and my pre-surgery appointment.

I was calm but some of the threads I have read are freaking me out. I haven't been nervous, haven't dreamed about the surgery, or anything, lol.

Karen, we are twins seriously I swear out doctors are following the exact program. I also noticed you lost a lot of weight pre-surgery and you should be so darn proud!

I think your fear and mine is the same, the pain and soreness. But we are both survivors, so I think perhaps that is what is giving us courage and strength.

We got this, and in need I have the tissues!

I'm just nervous lol I already registered today so I'm already wearing my hospital Bracelet. I havent packed n I haven't gone to the grocery store which I do plan on doing tomorrow. Nothing but clear liquids as if now. Good luck ladies be strong see y'all soon!!!