Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Hardest Thread of My Life

Many of you knew him, some of you loved him. Now he's with me everywhere I go because I keep his tags close to my heart, and I have a new gold charm with his name inscribed for my charm Bracelet that I never leave home without.

My precious Voodoo got his angel wings a couple weeks ago and flew over the rainbow. Ya'll know how hard this is to post - my sweet furry protector, best friend, heart and soul, forever.

xo Mamma Loves Baby xo

post-209942-1381313398744_thumb.jpg

Awwww Lisa I'm sorry. Losing your best friend sucks! I have two furry ones and my hubby has made them both promise to never leave him.

Sending you good thoughts.

I am so sorry about your precious pet. I have two dogs of my own. Over the years I have several pets and I know I hard it is to bear. I send my sincere condolences to you.

Vooey always rushed fiercely at the front door like a brave soldier to determine whether it was friend or foe on his doorstep. Once he determined it was friend, he'd run frantically all over the house to find a toy to bring you - he just HAD to get you a toy as a welcome gift. This photo was the last time he ever played or slept with a toy; it's his squeaky Mayonnaise that Auntie Tabitha gave him. He went to Heaven with his favorite moo-cow.

Vera, Sachi is very hard to read. I was so worried about her that I immediately found another friend for her, but first I wanted them to meet. The meeting didn't go well at all, so I didn't adopt the other doggy. Maybe Sachi likes being the only child? But the good part is we have 2 friends with dogs that were never able to visit because Voo said, "NO!" Vooey was too protective of Mamma (and all food) to allow anyone other than Sachi in. But now Sachi has playdates, and she really enjoys Doobie (1 lb Minpin) and Laina (6 month old Collie.) Sachi and Laina swim together :scalesno:

I think she's okay because she doesn't mope around.

Lisa I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard it is for you. I love animals dearly, it breaks my heart looking at that photo. Hopefully happier times are to come.

Lisa, so very sorry about your dog. I know how much I love mine. They are the most loyal creatures in the world bar none, and have men beat by a mile...they don't talk back, they love you unconditionally, they don't argue; they don't care if their meals are late; they know when you are sad; and so many things. I'm sure you feel a huge void, as I would also. Get back to me if you can.

Aww.:scalesno: Voodoo was such a great dog! I'm so blessed to have known him! I'm so so sorry. I know how much you love those dogs!! Big hugs, Lisa.. that's so hard!

I'm so sorry for your loss Lisa. I hope it was quick and painless - preferrably while he was dreaming of chasing rabbits!

I love seeing your dog on the couch! I sometimes regret allowing it, but mine are couch dogs too. I wouldn't have it any other way! My MIL would probably stroke-out if she saw my dog jump up on my white formal living room couch! The way I see it - it's just a couch. My dogs (and cats) are family!

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry for your loss, too. Reading threads like this reminds me why I don't want pets. :scalesno:

(P.S.: Good to see you!)