Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you ever just get weary?

Today, not sure why I feel like I need a boost. I get tired of the effort it takes to eat the bandster way. It is so easy just to do Ice cream and yogart and things that slide down easy. I know it is stinking thinking but somedays I just get weary of the struggle. Today, I made Soup in the slow cooker. Everything was very tender but the recipe called for black olives. Of couse they didn't get very tender and I must have eaten one to fast and the stupid first bite stuck and I didn't stop eating in time and I ended up losing my lunch so to speak. Yuc!!!! Now it is back to Protein Drinks and things that run down easy. My tummy is sore and I spose it will take a day or two to come out of it. Some days I just get weary!!

Does anyone else hear me?? I am normally pretty happy with my band.

I have been banded for awhile 6months or so an am down about 32 lbs. I know some folks are more but I feel like this is a victory for me. We went on a cruise to Alaska and I still maintained the weight thing. I know this too shall pass but for today I fel a little like whining. Help!!!!

Yes I know exactly how you feel. (I think) I get tired, sometimes, of always having to be aware. I would love to be able to sit down and eat dinner and when I am done have it still be hot. I cannot remember the last time I had a hot meal, for the entire thing. I start with a hot meal but it usually cold by the time I am done. I think it just gets to me sometimes. For the most part I am happy with my band I just get a little fed up at times.

No, I don't think I have too much fill. Most of the time it is good. Like Seppi says, it is sometimes a tired thing, when you always have to eat cold food. Thank goodness for a micro wave. I many times nuc my food hlf way through. I think it is the always being aware like you said. If you forget, you pay the price. I also think sometimes I mourn the comfort food gave me. Doesn't anybody but me ever miss the "good old days"?

Don't get me wrong, I love the band and my smaller personal body but,

I still crave and always have to be on my guard. You all know, enough Protein, not too many carbs, eat slow, small bites, be careful when you drink. All the stuff we do. Just for today, I had a tough one. Tomarrow will be fine and I am much too busy to dwell on it, but I guess this is the

place we are spose to come unload and look for support. Today I needed some and it felt good to whine. In fact I feel better already!!!! Thanks for listening to me. :D

I believe I know EXACTLY what you mean....I got SO MAD at my band about 2wks ago...I took a very small bite of cheese but was in the car and tipped back my bottle of Water (what I was thinking I'll never know) this ensued a 15min sweating, yucky stuck feeling!!!! I was so mad I was ready to scream....of course my TOM started the next day and I think this had something to do w/ the stuck and the emotion behind it!! It is SO CONTROLLING at times.....but then I remember the times I cried myself to sleep over my weight and decide there is a cost to everything!! I told my husband when I get to goal.....maybe we can "loosen" it a bit!?!? We shall see!!!! I truly understand!!!! Hang in there!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless,

MElody

Banded 3/20/06 -78lbs :D

I really hear you hairagain. I do get so tired at times, even though I know that the band is the best thing I have ever done. Sometimes I think we just have to feel all pitiful and sad, then get back up and continue the fight.

You know I wasn't always up and cheerie when I could eat anything and everything because my tummy usually hurt because I over-ate.

Always in the past when I would be on a diet and get tired or bored, I would regain my weight plus a few pounds. At least now when I have those feelings, I can't resort to my old bad habits... and after a day or two I feel better.

It's like you were yelling out loud enough for me to get on line, and read your post.

Today marks my 9th week of being banded.

I see all the threads with so many people losing so much weight, and it makes me jealous... and oh so weary.

I feel like I'm failing with this too. It's been a long crawl to today.

My loss is about the same as it was after the first 10 days. I've gone thru 2 major infections, weight gain, and feelings of total frustration.

I don't miss eating. I don't miss food. I don't miss hot meals. I don't miss bread, or cheesecake, or Pasta.< /p>

I miss feeling hopeful. I know this will take a year, and that at my age it's more difficult. I just wish I felt like it's really going to happen.

To all of you with great loss, it's always good to let us know how you're doing it. If not for the forum, I wouldn't know much. When I spoke to my Dr this past week, about some of the things we all go thru - he acted like it was a news alert.

Congrats to those of you doing well*

What you're describing is something I've thought about. When I had the psychological consult, it was mentioned that at about 4 months post-op people seem to have a really bad period of time with the band but get through it. He said he was just warning me.

When I think back on all the diets I've struggled with, it makes me tired. All that measuring and weighing and constantly thinking about what I can and can't eat and when and how. That made me weary.

I'm looking ahead at the lapband as a policeman of sorts. Keeping my hunger at bay, my portions under strict control, weight loss inevitable if I follow the guidelines.

I'd rather chew longer, not drink with meals and just be conscious of what's in my mouth 3 times a day, rather than be mentally consumed with food for 24 hours only to regain any lost weight and more with a diet.

Yes i feel like that 2 on some days, im 18 months banded and it is normal to feel like this ocasionally, its a big lifestyle change that we have gone through, and some times we do think back to the way our eating habbits once were, i still lapse on ocasions but get right back on track as soon i can. Its alot to come to terms with mentally as most of us are leaving our old lives behind and beging a new one. The old cravings become less frequent as time goes by but i think its just all part of the process of having a lap band and coming to terms with it.

Yeah, I do occasionally. I'm 7 months out and had low-carb Pasta last night (a whole 3/4 cup!) and just wanted my big full plate of it like I used to eat...it's totally psychological, I know, because the 3/4 cup filled me physically. But I'm glad I have my band because I don't have the option of just quitting and going back to my old ways. I sometimes get annoyed with having to consider every time I eat whether I want to use up my small capacity on this or that food or whether I need to make a better choice. But overall, I'm still thrilled I have my band...I know it's hard, but we can do this. Hang in there!

Emily

Thank you to you all for the encouraging words. Today is a much better outlook and I feel good. I am doing only a Protein Drink for Breakfast and a cup of coffee. I still feel a little sore from the up chuck experience yesterday. I decided I need to start weighing and measuring food better.

I am eating what I know is more than 3/4cupat times. Brings on problems.

It is nice to know that out there somewhere you folks are going through much the same thing I am. I also need to kick myself in the rear from time to time. WE have been doing alot of vacationing and I have done very well at not gaining but my loss has virtually been standing still. I need to get it going and the only way is to do the things that work. Won't go into

them because we all know them, but today is the day. No more self pity and alot more grabbing the bull by the horns and doing the task at hand.

I want to lose 5 lbs by Sept 6th. That is my mini goal. (I just set it now)

I want you all to hold my feet to the fire and check in to see if I am on track. I need to be accoutable to someone and it might as well be all of you. Thanks for the support, you're all swell!!

Darlene

I definately know how your feeling as well. I often think to myself when I am eating if I would of ate like this in the past I wouldn't need this band! I was banded on June 7th 2006 so I'm a newbie to this and just wanting it to work a little faster as well. I was also wondering what the success rate is on the band? I am so thankful I got this band but often wonder if it will really work? I guess that is the negative thinking that invades my brain once in a while. Alot of the time I feel like I did before as far as having to watch what I eat all the time, it's like dieting with a band now though.

You know I wasn't always up and cheerie when I could eat anything and everything because my tummy usually hurt because I over-ate.

Always in the past when I would be on a diet and get tired or bored, I would regain my weight plus a few pounds. At least now when I have those feelings, I can't resort to my old bad habits... and after a day or two I feel better.

Right on, Mary! :clap2:

I have had days when I sigh and feel sorry for myself because I can't go drown my sorrows in that big juicy burger and fries that I just know Ronald McDonald is holding out to me with a big smile. But then, I think about what Mary just said and I remember how sick I would feel afterwards. Not just physically sick, but emotionally sick. It was after I finished stuffing myself with the "comfort" food (and trust me, I fully believed it was my comfort) I often spent an hour or two mentally bashing myself for being so gross and fat and weak for doing it yet again.

So, yeah, it does get a bit old at times, but the trade off is worth the down days. And ya know what? It's ok to whine. We all have our days of whining and moaning, but thank goodness they are outnumbered by the days of rejoicing the NSV's we experience.

Hairagain - Grats on that 32 pound loss!! How are ya feeling today? Any better? Need a hug? :hug: Try focusing on the victories. The bennies of your weight loss. I'm sure there are many. And remember, this too shall pass!