Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need A May 1St Buddy! Im Feeling Depressed!

I'm so down. Ive been in a stall for going on 2 weeks now. I gain 2 lbs then I loose them then I gain them back again. I'm so frustrated!!!!

Aww that's sad, im May 1st...what are you eating everyday have you downloaded myfitnesspal? Im up if you need a friend

I eat normal. I was cleared for everything except raw veggies and fruits. I usually only eat once or twice a day. I sleep a lot during the day because I have been having trouble sleeping at night. I almost always only eat my Protein and nothing else during my dinner meal. I usually can't fit in anything else. If I do its 1 bite. I eat chicken and fish a lot. I don't know. I just feel like I'm never going to lose anymore. I paid cash for my surgery... I don't like feeling like I made a bad choice. Don't get me wrong I lost 15 lbs in my first 2 weeks and 17 during my 2 week pre op, so 32 lbs in the last month and a half and I know that is awesome. But since I've been in this stall it makes me feel like my body is done. I do have my fitness pal I just go it yesterday a couple of days ago but I haven't used it yet. I'm just discouraged... :(

You sound so sad but I do understand. I didn't notice u saying you excersice. I just started walking this week due to me not having the energy and also just not feeling like the pain has gone away I have walked a mile and a half today and feel so much better stalling is hard so I know my day is coming too and this can be depressing when you have put so much into this but trust me the weight will come off, try doing some walking just to clear your mind also why aren't you sleeping at night? I know if I sleep too long in the day its hard for me to sleep like right now. Try the walking please and I am here if you need someone to vent to. This is the hardest thing to do and I know this is temporary for you just give yourself that time. Also don't forget your Water,

I started walking about 4 days ago. for about 15 mins a day. I'm only able to get about 30 oz of Water in on a good day. I know I'll get through this I just feel so down right now. And the sleeping thing I'm not sure why I'm having trouble. Before I had surgery I was in bed by 8 or 9 because I has getting up for work at 3 or 4 am. I'm not working anymore so that could have something to do with it. I'm also taking some pain meds occasionally due to some pain in my belly button still and I think that can contribute to my lack of sleep.< /p>

Hi Brittney and neeve! I am a April 30 sleeve so i m your one day older sister. The job thing...are you not working cause of the surgery or anymore period? What else stressful is going on?

Hi! I decided to quit. I'm 23 and I wanted to go back to school full time and my job was so time consuming that I couldn't even attempt to take a class. I'm just stressed about my weightloss. Like I said in my other post I feel like I'm done losing weight. I know it's going to kick in again, everyone keeps telling me that. I just don't feel like it is. :(

I was told by my Dr. Well his nurse that stress makes you hang on to weight. When you r stressed your body struggles to lose weight. I have a friend who has been on a stall for weeks and the doc, who is the same Dr I have, told her it was caused by the stress of her job. So she took herself to get a massage, nails done and a day off. She lost 4 lbs that week.

I am so sorry you r struggling. I hate that, 'am I ever going to come out of this hole' feeling. I've been there done that!

I was told by my Dr. Well his nurse that stress makes you hang on to weight. When you r stressed your body struggles to lose weight. I have a friend who has been on a stall for weeks and the doc, who is the same Dr I have, told her it was caused by the stress of her job. So she took herself to get a massage, nails done and a day off. She lost 4 lbs that week.

I am so sorry you r struggling. I hate that, 'am I ever going to come out of this hole' feeling. I've been there done that!

Historically when ever i have been on a diet and hit a stall - I would go get a massage and would always lose that week! Something about getting everything moving around in you body - it's great! I would try it if I were you guys :)

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hey hun I was sleeved on May 1st, and have lost a total of 32 lbs and thats including my pre op diet. And like you I have struggled to go walking but lately, I just push myself to do everything. But I am here if you want to talk

I may need to try some relaxing technics. Thanks D1 I would definately like someone to talk to.

Neeve-From the beginning I wanted to lose 100 to 120 lbs. I started at 257 and im now at 225.

I may need to try some relaxing technics. Thanks D1 I would definately like someone to talk to.

Neeve-From the beginning I wanted to lose 100 to 120 lbs. I started at 257 and im now at 225.

You're better than me I started at 292 and now I'm at 260 my goal is 170

You're better than me I started at 292 and now I'm at 260 my goal is 170

Actually we both have about the same amount to lose. And we have both done good so far. I know I may be depressed about the stall but I do know 32 lbs is 32 lbs And if it wasn't for my sleeve I would have struggled and started to put weight back on already. I just heat this stall. Ugh!!!