Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Atkins Induction Try Out...

So I've been reading about pre-op diets and I'm going to do Atkins..does anyone have any tips? Gonna do this for 2 weeks then go on vacation to Curacao for a week then go right back on it once I get back. Then liquid diet as requested by my doctor..

the first few days are always the hardest.. but so far so good ..lceaned out my kitchen and all the "bad" things are gone !! i scheduled my surgery at 303 and im now 297.. i know its not much of a loss but its going down and thats the goal... i hope to loose 20 lbs by the time i go in for surgery in aug..

thinking of adding a ticker.. humm

I am on the Atkins advantage shakes too. I am 8 days in to my liquid diet. I admit that I have revised it a bit to work for me. My nut suggests 4 slim fast per day but I find them very thick and only tolerable. The Atkins are a much thinner consistency and are very delicious. They have 5 fewer grams of protien but also have 20 fewer calories. Now, what I mean by revised diet is, instead of four shakes a day, I have 2 and then a 300 calories or less lean cuisine. I stick to the 800 calorie per day diet but I don't get those Migraines or shakes that I normally get when my blood sugar gets too low. I'm not suggesting this for anyone else. It just works for me. I'm losing about .5 to 1 pound a day. Good enough for me and my liver too, I hope!

thats wonderful chicagochic i hope u reach ur goal! what does ur nut say about ur revision?

technically im not doing a pre-op diet cause im just doing induction phase till i go on vacation. ( i wanna fit in to a few outfits) but then i plan to go right back on Atkins till i have to start my liquid diet 1 week before surgery.. its been hard but last night i tried on a few things and im starting to get the loose feeling in my clothes .. and that feels great!!

I have a whiteboard that im using as a goals board .. with insprational things and my daily weight.. feeling good about it all so far.. lol but talk to me in a week when i havent had cheetoes.. its my addiction lol

i cant wait til im 5 mos post op and need to go shopping for new clothes!!

i always tell my self im gonna go in to debt when i get to goal cause im going to go clothes crazy!

Honesty, I haven't told my nut. They were going to have me do the surgery with only one week liquid diet because they consider me on the smaller side at 260 and 5'8" but I couldn't get things wrapped up at work in time. So I figure the two weeks with my revised diet will at least equate to one week at their diet. Plus, the 3 days prior to surgery, I will do straight liquids. I hope it works!

that does not sound bad to me at all .. esp. since ur going the liquid 3 days before.. do u have to add the laxative 3 days before surgery?

No but I heard others do. I will call her and ask. What did yours suggest?

I have to take a laxative 3 days before..I'll probably take mag citrate..