Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh Nooooo, I'm Snacking Way To Much, What To Do?

yes! kdippy, please stay strong because it can happen. I had to train my brain that i have to put healthy things in my body to get the results that i want. it is very hard and im glad that you realized it in time. you are used to having those things before and your mind is telling you that you still want them. i had a hard time about 2 weeks post op that i had to fight with my brain! lol, i think the change came when my cholesterol was 237 in dec and when i took it in april, it was 113! along with all of the rest of my bloodwork that used to be high, was no longer high. I really like that feeling and now im really careful what i eat. I had my surgery on march 30th and have lost 42 lbs in total, thats with preop diet included. YOU CAN DO IT! AND PLEASE DONT FORGET ABOUT EXERCISE!

I find myself doing the same thing. I think its because I can't eat too much during my 3 main meals so I end up nibbling here and there...thank goodness for MFP that keeps me on track :))

keepin it real ;)Im sorry, but what is MFP? lol

I keep seeing everyone refer to the MFP. What is this?

MFP is MyFitnessPal...its an app that allows u to track ur daily calorie intake, as well as ur Protein intake Andy much more...check it out and add me highpower4me is my profile name.

keepin it real ;)

I'm having major issues right now with this same thing. Its what I feared pre-op, that made me feel like i should probably go for bypass. I still have the ability to eat the crap and I haven't conquered the beast of head hunger. I am currently being done in by two very bad foods that I keep eating, and they blow my calorie count. And i think the worst thing is, I'm still losing (albeit slower than I should be) so I'm having trouble motivating myself to change my behavior. I know I need to get back on the straight and narrow.

If you must snack' date=' make it something that's good for you. However, chips and the like are sliders for many of us. We have to learn to control those Snacks. They aren't bad in and of themselves, but we have to be able to say No or at least limit the portion.

Cheetos are my nemesis. If I really REALLY want them, I buy a single serving bag and I enjoy every last chee in the bag. Then I don't allow myself to have any more for at least a month. This keeps me from going off the deep end and sitting in a corner like a heroin addict eating cheetos and screaming "Mine, all mine!!!" ;)[/quote']

Lissa, you should get the tiny bags they have at Walmart, they Are .35 cents I think, 3 or 4 bags of those probably equal one of the .99 (or 1.49) so you can eat Cheetos more often and still get the same amount. You just have to buy one bag at a time since you will eat them all if they are at home. But that will be a bag of cheetos a week instead of a month and not so many carbs at one time. :-D

Hey Lissa ~ are you still eating those nasty cheetos? LOL I have finally gotten away from those pesky chocolates in my office! Yesterday I found myself eating the crumbs from the Tortilla chip bag right before dinner. I was so stress out about my family members rumeraging through my in-laws house (after FIL died) that I needed some comfort food. But then I couldn't eat my dinner at BJ'S! When will I ever learn? Yes I know, I won't do that again. ;) Cheetos and chips are the devil's food. LOL

Well thank you all. Yes it's been a couple of days, and I so wish I would have left a little something in one of my drawers. lol I'm kidding. To keep me from snacking last night, I rode my bike for 10 miles. and than I got home and showered and sat to watch tv, I decided, that I could not fill my self with junk, after that healthy ride. I know it's a fight, and yes I too, did think, oh no I should have had the other surgery, and I would still lose, but I have to tell you, no matter which one you have, each one has it's own demons. Good luck to you all and thanks for being my friends. love you all Peace. Kathy

Libra, Thank you! I'll look for them when I go in again. I was in Walmart this morning and I have a post about that coming up in a few.

Dorrie, Yes, I'm still eating cheetos. I've found that a small indulgence in them once a month keeps me from obsessing about them all the time. Now I can tell myself, "Okay, self, you want cheetos. You had cheetos last week and you get to have cheetos again next week. Get over it and eat your Protein bar." So far, it's working. :)

I took a workshop called "The Hunger Within" and what you're doing Lissa is exactly what was recommended. The example was Oreos. You love Oreos and in the grocery store you want them bad. Get the package in your cart, put it back, repeat. We were taught, okay if you have to have them - they come in a small pack of 6 - buy them and enjoy the hell out of them while you're eating them. Take your time. Then you don't have that big package sitting at home waiting for you to come back again and again to it. And you've had your fix. The little single serving size bags of cheetos or chips would be perfect for that.

Lisa ~ I knew you had those pesky Cheetos under control! LOL