Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh Nooooo, I'm Snacking Way To Much, What To Do?

I find, that I can only eat a small meal, but for the last month, I found, that I can eat chips, and crackers, and nibble foods, for ever. I found, yesterday, I had 4 different boxes of goodies in my desk drawer. I was wondering why, I havent lost anything, this past few weeks, than it dawned on me, it's all this snacking. So I loaded up the boxes, and out to the lunch room they went. Now, I feel better. It

's hard at night too, cause, I found myself doing, the snacking at night too. In the dumpster they must go. This is how it all started in the first place. We might all have small stomachs now, but if you put junk in them, your going to have junk in your trunck. Beware, it can happen to you. Oh, and ps, I started out with low calorie, but my goodness, they can add up too.

I am right there with you - I don't keep goodies in my desk, but I find that I snack too much ("grazing") and have to quit, grrrr. I can't eat much at one time and I get 3 bites in and am done. :( MFP helps me keep the calories in range at least, but I have to quit this going from snack to snack.

WOW.. I am doing the same thing... I can't eat alot but I can eat often... I go from snack to snack...

Yesterday I decided to stop the snacking madness and get back to the gym...

Good Luck kdippy...

I find myself doing the same thing. I think its because I can't eat too much during my 3 main meals so I end up nibbling here and there...thank goodness for MFP that keeps me on track :))

keepin it real ;)

If you must snack, make it something that's good for you. However, chips and the like are sliders for many of us. We have to learn to control those Snacks. They aren't bad in and of themselves, but we have to be able to say No or at least limit the portion.

Cheetos are my nemesis. If I really REALLY want them, I buy a single serving bag and I enjoy every last chee in the bag. Then I don't allow myself to have any more for at least a month. This keeps me from going off the deep end and sitting in a corner like a heroin addict eating cheetos and screaming "Mine, all mine!!!" ;)

I have just started to do that! So now I have been avoiding the Snacks. I've told my kids to keep them in their rooms or I will throw them away! I tried to start The Basic Bootcamp diet yesturday but failed. So today I am doing the liquid diet thing. Yes, that's liquids all day long. I will have 3 Premier's and some chicken tortilla Soup with no torilla's and just drink the broth! I can do this and will. I want to at least get into the 140's and stay there. My bounce is 2-3 lbs and I'm at 152.2 today, where previous I was at 150.4lbs. I will do this! ;)

rofl Lissa I'm seeing you in a whole new way per your post! :) We all have our trigger foods, for sure. And btw, my dog (yes my dog) is named Cheeto :)

Dorie you WILL do this! Go girl - you have the plan, you can do it and you will!

LongerLife, A whole new way? I've always admitted that cheetos beat me every time! :)

hey lissa - i meant the way you described cheetos getting you - curled up on the corner, saying MINE MINE MINE! omg that made me laugh!

That's pretty much how I feel about them, though! :)

I have just started to do that! So now I have been avoiding the Snacks. I've told my kids to keep them in their rooms or I will throw them away! I tried to start The Basic Bootcamp diet yesturday but failed. So today I am doing the liquid diet thing. Yes, that's liquids all day long. I will have 3 Premier's and some chicken tortilla Soup with no torilla's and just drink the broth! I can do this and will. I want to at least get into the 140's and stay there. My bounce is 2-3 lbs and I'm at 152.2 today, where previous I was at 150.4lbs. I will do this! ;)

Hey.

I want to say this to you and I know its unwanted, unsolicited advice but its free! LOL. I have noticed that here lately you seem to be, for lack of a better term, FAD dieting. Trying everything under the sun for short terms and none of it seems to be working. I just wanted to tell you and maybe others too what my surgeon told me about doing this. IT WORKS AGAINST YOU. He says its still that yo yo diet mentality. Try this a few days, try that a few days, no sugar, liquid diet, cut carbs, up calories, reduce calories, etc. You body has no idea if its coming or going! It is holding on to the pounds because it never knows what you are going to do next. He advises against doing this sort of thing. Just do the regular sleeve diet and that is eat Protein first, if you have room, add veggies, then carbs etc. Thats it. Nothing else. Dont worry about doing liquids again and no sugar and all that crap. Its what made us lifetime dieters and we screwed up our metabolism doing that. My unsolicited advice is for you to stop the madness and get back to the business of enjoying your life where food doesnt control it, get some exercise, and the weight will come off naturally. The stress of worrying about every little thing is also a cause of your body to store fat. RELAX! It is going to happen for you. Believe it! Trust! We all believe in you and know you will reach your personal goal and you dont need all these fad diet tricks to do it. You have the tool! Love ya, Tammi

Thanks Tammy ~ You are absolutely right. I needed to hear that bc this FAD isn't working anyways. I'm going to focus from here on out on eating my Proteins, veggies, and a little bit of carbs. That is really all I need to do. I have noticed that you have and continue to do a great job and will make a great spokes person for wls! Thank you so much!

xoxoxoxo Dorrie

As long as my day stays busy I don't fall into too much of a snacking trap. But boy, I've been home with a sick kid all weekend, yesterday, and today - and it's been AWFUL!! I made myself put everything I ate yesterday into MFP and it was shameful. :) I'm home again today but doing better, I actually showered and got out of the house for a bit and that helped.

Sorry to Hijack this post but I must admit that "Dorrie" has to be the cutest name I've ever heard... Except for my daughter Emmas' name ofcourse.

Thanks Tammy ~ You are absolutely right. I needed to hear that bc this FAD isn't working anyways. I'm going to focus from here on out on eating my Proteins, veggies, and a little bit of carbs. That is really all I need to do. I have noticed that you have and continue to do a great job and will make a great spokes person for wls! Thank you so much!

xoxoxoxo Dorrie

No problem. What are friend for? I hesitate to give unasked for advice but when I see a friend that I think could benefit from anything i have learned, I feel I need to tell them. Im glad it helped. I have faith that you will do just fine and make goal in no time!