Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did Surgery Make Your Period Come Earlier And Stronger?

I got home and the next day I got hit like a steam train with my period. PIssed me off. lol It wasn't even due until two weeks later. I was actually hoping that the stress from the surgery would make me not have a cycle or two but NOPE.

I haven't had a period in years (thanks, Mirena!) but a few days post op I was spotting. Not even enough for a tampon, though.

About a week earlier, but no stronger. As of now I'm about 2 days late (if I count 28 from LMP), so I'm thinking the 1 wk earlier might have been a fluke and I'm actually on my "normal" cycle, which should begin next week. We'll see.

Spotted the week after surgery, good for a week and then started spotting again this week. I am on birth control and my period is due next week. I was told my body was adjusting and its normal. I have my annual in a few weeks so hopefully will get some more answers.

Damn anesthesia! lol

Yesterday was my 4 week mark and I am having my first period since January. TMI here, but its pretty heinous.

I started 2 days before surgery and had not seen mine in 2 YEARS due to PCOS!!! Docs said it was the stress and pounds lost before surgery.

Mine came the day I came home not more or heavier than normal.

That is whatI think is happening to me. My period came on early and my cramps are way worse than normal. I don't know what to take for the PAIN AARRRGGGGHHHHH... I tried children's Tylenol which isn't working...any other liquid suggestions???

Yes. I actually had my regular period the week before surgery and then came back on a few days after. For me, that period was long, heavy and extremely painful. My next cycle was normal but it has been all over the place since then. My GYN said it's due to the surgery and rapid weight loss. I hope it stabilizes soon.

Do a search for "It's Your Period Dummy.". Lots of us posted about it under that thread.

Yes. I actually had my regular period the week before surgery and then came back on a few days after. For me' date=' that period was long, heavy and extremely painful. My next cycle was normal but it has been all over the place since then. My GYN said it's due to the surgery and rapid weight loss. I hope it stabilizes soon.

Do a search for "It's Your Period Dummy.". Lots of us posted about it under that thread.[/quote']

What do u use to relieve the pains from cramps?

I normally cramp anyway, so my doc had previously prescribed a mild pain med called Tramadol. I stopped taking Ibuprofen years ago, and definitely can't take that now. The Tramadol has the same effect as Tylenol to me - not much helps, but I make due.

I was still home recovering from surgery when I experienced the really painful period, so I took the pain med my surgeon prescribed for the VSG to cope with those during that time.

I normally cramp anyway' date=' so my doc had previously prescribed a mild pain med called Tramadol. I stopped taking Ibuprofen years ago, and definitely can't take that now. The Tramadol has the same effect as Tylenol to me - not much helps, but I make due.

I was still home recovering from surgery when I experienced the really painful period, so I took the pain med my surgeon prescribed for the VSG to cope with those during that time.[/quote']

I was using the liquid pain stuff my doc prescribe and it did nothing :(...... Fingers crossed that the next cycle is a lot easier...

Started a week and a half early during the pre-op diet. Was really heavy on the day of surgery. I told them and they said it is REALLY common and gave me some net hospital panties.