Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Days Post Op And Nausea

I am having severe nausea still. They can barely keep in under control. I started mt protien today but it made me so sick. Anyone else had this exprience and what did you do to help you. I'm still in the hospital

Sorry you are going thru such horrible nausea.... that must be horrible. Is the doctor giving you anti-nausea meds? My doctor started mine in my IV before surgery and continued them until I was discharged. I didn't have any nausea.

Hang in there....... Big hugs!

I was also major nauseous the 2nd day.

They were trying to get me to drink Lots of Propel. It made me so sick

It got me another day in the hospital.

They have you on Protein already? Maybe that's what is making you sick? They gave me Zofran, pepcid, gas pills every few hours. Plus I felt so fevery. By the time I woke up on the third day, I felt tons better, and was begging to go home.

Being home was so soothing and comforting.

It does get better, I'm exactly 3 weeks post op today!! I'm saying a prayer for your rapid healing . Take Care, and keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well! Wishing you a speedy recovery! :)

Raven,

So sorry you are naustious. It will get better, dear sleever. You are so in my prayers for relief.

I did not eat Protein my first week. The dr told me not to br concerned about it this week. The hospital served me Water, sf Popsicles, tea, and sf Jello.

I hope they are giving you lots of nausea meds. We are pulling for you. Warm hugs and prayers being rushed you way.

thanks, still having hard time, but i know it has to get better eventually. Just hard right now

I'm sorry your having such issues with nausea. I had some issues, but the stuff for the iv worked well to stop mine. My main issue is pain. :(

Things seem to be taking a turn for the better finally. I was on so many IV anti-nausea medication just because one wouldnt last long enough they had to give me another. But I actually got some protien down this morning and can drink Water without vomiting, and feel a little bit more like myself again. That was the roughest 48 hours of my life I think. Never thought it would get that bad. But at least the worst is behind me now. Thanks for your support guys.

I am glad you are feeling better Raven!

Just wanted to let everyone know, that every hour things are starting to feel better for me. It is still worth it all knowing that my new journey is beginning this week. I expected to have some bumps (maybe not that big) but I am still glad I went throught his. So glad I have you guys during the rough times. I just hope I can help someone else out that may have a similar experience as I did the first couple days. Don't ever let anything say this is the "easy way out" not by far.

Raven, so gad you are feeling better each hour!

You are so correct about this surgery not being the easy way out.

Sorry about all my spelling errors and typos, I have been pretty heavily sedated. lol!

Sorry about all my spelling errors and typos, I have been pretty heavily sedated. lol!

Don't worry about that.... I think most of us read "typo". Just glad to hear you are feeling better.

I had terrible nausia... Had to stay in the hospital an extra day bc i was vommiting so much. Couldnt hold anything down But the moment that i got up out the bed & started walking around the hospital i felt so much better. The key is to get moving... The nausia meds will help but to be honest i only took one pill since ive been home. I was sleeved a week ago on the9th and it does get bettet. Good Luck