Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not sure of anyone else feels this way but i actually hate meal times now. I feel like i cant eat much and i believe i am under eating a lot. How do you all cope with meal times and whats on everyones plate? I find eating just such a tedious task and where as i was a huge food lover i just cant handle much any more.

dinner today for me was one small fish finger home made and a small meatball.

Fish and meatballs sound good to me. I am guessing you are eating with the family? How about doing something to make it special for yourself? Maybe make sure you're eating off a small plate with a smaller fork. I bought some pretty little china plates on which to eat my meals. I also got myself some small pretty glasses for juices, etc. I bought them from Goodwill, so very inexpensive, and I feel like I'm "dining" rather than just "eating".

Treat yourself well and you will feel better. This is especially important during the recovery process. I even drink my Protein shakes out of real glass rather than from the cups provided with the magic bullet. I deserve it! You do too!!!

Making meals an event will, hopefully, help you cope with the reduced capacity, but will also make you feel better about yourself. :)

Great ideas Lisa. I am 6 days out of surgery and when I got home I started drinking my liquids from a very pretty red wine glass! Everything tastes better that way!

Any actually tomorrow I head over to Polish Stoneware to pick up a few small dishes. Everyone needs to remember you eat with your eyes first B)

If you haven't taken a look at this website, yoou might want to...she has a recipe section for us and she has how she gets in all the stuff in one day...I was impressed with the great recipes and am looking forward to when i can implement them!!!!

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/

Eating is not as fun lol but I've found what helps me is a small 4 ounce container and baby cutlery yes baby cutlery. Small bites slowly helps to not feel so miserable. Certain foods no longer agree with me but in the end they don't taste as good as being skinny will. Agree eating is not as fun as it use to be but look at the outcome ;)

I am pre-surgery but from ideas I got reading posts on this board I have also picked up some cute small plates at Goodwill and at TJ Maxx for not too much I bought a serving set that was a cake server with 4 little tiny forks that were all bejeweled on the handles. I think I paid like $5 or $6 and the cake server I can use and the tiny forks will be my silverware. I have some baby spoons too.

I know the amounts we will eat are small but I know that I will have to eat slow anyway and chew, chew, chew so hopefully I will be eating slow enough so I don't finish in 2 minutes while others are taking 15. Than again, if you've ever gone out with a group of people, there are always those that finish way first and others that are still eating when most are done. It's something I guess I'll have to get used to and hopefully not feel too deprived in the process. After a week today of liquids, it just sounds good to be able to eat at all :)

FYI Protein bullets will help you get your protein you can buy them at the Vitamin Shoppe and GNC but beware they don't taste that great but small amount. Expect your hair to thin drastically it's part of WLS (weight loss surgery) get your protein in ;) good luck

On the Protein bullets- my NUT suggests blending with yogurt.

On the other stuff, I know that pier one sells a lot of stuff for tasting parties -- really cute plates, small forks and bowls, demitasse spoons -- I am thinking of heading over there and getting special dining ware -- just for me.

yes the outcome is definately worth it...what about the proein shakes that have 60 grams.....wont that help with Hair loss if you have one of those and a regular one?

I am so with you. I am 4 wks post op and miserable. The Protein Shots make me gag. Which ones have 60 grams? I have the ones with 42 grams.

I think i'm going to buy myself some nice dinnerware and for a change make dinner more about me. As for Protein Shots, i've never tried them. We don't get them in kenya so i suppose i'm also limite with options like that. I appreciate all the feedback from everyone atleast we can lean on each other for support. Have a wonderful week.

drugstore.com has Protein blitz 60 gr isolate and GNC has their own brand amped 60 for the Protein Shakes

@rvpcindi thanks a lot for the link i just took a look at it and its amazzzzing. Just what i needed :)

was that the recipe link ? i copied almost everyone of them and will print soon for files ...i found another one bbut it only had about 6 recipes...i will see if i can find it again