Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Are we creating a new ticker? How are most people doing it. Are we doing it by weight or by pounds lost.

Let me know.

Are we creating a new ticker? How are most people doing it. Are we doing it by weight or by pounds lost.

Let me know.

On Monday (the official start date) I will update my target weight for 12/25. Then I won't have to update it again, and I can easily see how close I am coming to the 25lb target.

:clap2: Hello All,

I truly do enjoy this thread I even feel human now and can move around. Still pluggin along trying to make myself drink more liquids not drinking enough.

I go for my f/u visit on Tuesday the 10th and back to work on the 11th.

I read the comments about cream of wheat it says it something I can eat I was just happy to be able to have something besides Jello. :lol:

Glad to see you all are doing well.

If you have a blender can it do everything a food processor can? The one i have does purred?

Have a great day time to make msyelf go for a walk

:)

I also got one book today Eating well after Weight Loss surgery and the receipes are awesome and it tellt he proportion size so I have a pretty good grip on that too can't wait to try some of them:clap2:

Have a couple more books on order so I am doing temendously better and so glad I came over to bandland. It really is the best decision i have made in my 36 years.

Again I know my mom is watching over me and besides this being healthier for me, my mom was very active in her younger days and this is a legacy to her to live a full healthy life.

Have a fablous evening:)

Oh, you're singing my song - I ate just about anything at about 5 weeks out...then had my first fill yesterday - can't eat much of anything 'cept mushies...

Sue

:help: :help: :help: Is frozen yogurt OK? I have been putting a scoop or two of low-fat frozen yogurt, skim milk and carnation instant Breakfast in my Magic Bullet. Do you guys think frozen yogurt is ok to have? I'm 16 days post-op. I can't find any where that talks about this.

Yellow Rose Knows: Good question! I haven't heard a word anywhere about frozen yogurt. Now regular yogurt, on the other hand, is mentioned on my allowed foods list. It must be low-fat or fat free and it must be suger free. So none of the yogurts with fruit in any form is allowed. At least I haven't been able to find one that is sweetened artifically. They're probably out there.

When we lived near a TCBY (frozen yogurt place) they had f/f, s/f frozen yogurt that was really good. We are allowed s/f, f/f popsicles, so why not s/f, f/f frozen yogurt? I honestly haven't heard a word on it.

Hopeworks,

I think you would do fine with the Challenge. I too am feeling more hungry but limit myself to small portions. If I am feeling hungry I have a drinkable yogurt or small glass of milk and it seems to help greatly, kinda holds you over till meal time. We would love it if you joined us. All of us will lose at a different rate, and have different reasons for being involved, the challenge just seems to keep me in check. As least thats how it is for me. I feel I need to be accountable (never needed to be or wanted to be in the past) but now all of us have each other going through the same thing, and knowing that each of you are there seems to help me more than anything. I do hope you join in.

Remember Kiddos,

Monday is weigh in day, 25 lbs by the 25th, and 30 min of exercise 3 times per week.

Mom of Many

Want2lose

Rita Ann

Jgandg

Valgal1968

BJean

Gonnabethin

Emm125

Katt

MimIN

TruBlueSue

Diane5467

Hi everyone. I am Sandy and I was banded on 9/25/06. I think that is 13 days ago. I am really excited but as probably most of you wondering what I am doing. How am I going to cope with life if I can't eat? well anyway, I guess a little challenge will encourage me.. I think I weigh 310... but my scale and office scale are miles off. and I haven't seen the surgeon since my pre office visit to really tell. but Tues. I will know.. (my husband tells me that even in messages I should use proper grammar and punctuation HA) Ok so put me down for the challenge. Can it be done by then? I heard that banders loose slower than the other weight loss people. Ok enough rambling. I need some help.:hungry: I am not sure about eating. I suppose I will get more on Tuesday. But it seems so helter skelter. I stand in the kitchen and say what can I mush up. softboiled eggs, yogurt, cream of wheat.. it seems a little boring. I end up not knowing what and eat only about 500-600 calories a day. don't get enough water....I guess I feel in limbo land. I used to go to Jenny Craig (among others) but what I liked about it was that I didn't have to make any decisions. My Doctor has me on mushie stuff for 3 more weeks and I start back to work Monday. Does anyone have any ideas more me?:help:

YellowRoseKnows,

My nutritionist from my surgeon's office said after one week out. However, not to eat a lot of it b/c of the sugar content. So if you eat one that's sugar free or low in sugar, that's fine. I do enjoy my frozen yogurt. I did eat more of it when I was on mushies. I needed to be creative with the mushie stage and yogurt to me was a nice treat. Now that I'm on solids, I don't eat it much. I'm just enjoying eating normal again or as normal as I can eat.

Regards,