Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Tami: I'm not taking votes here. I'm declaring that it's official. You're a dad-gumed freak. Enjoyed cocktails by the beach, great Mexican food, cerviche on the beach, partying in the bars with no weight gain for 7 days. It just ain't right. Musta been all that gettin' down you did on the dance floor.

Seriously *jealous frown* way to go girl!

:pound:

Thanks! I think I did burn off some calories on the dance floor as well as in the gym. And we won't even talk about the ones I burned off in the room! :eyebrows:

Tami aka "the freak"

Hi everyone,

Been lurking for a while and would love to join July challenge. Have really slowed down on the weight loss recently and need to refocus. Please put me down as start weight of 231

Its great to see how well everyone is doing 6 months out.

Tanya xx

I have added you to the list, thanks for joining in!!

Well, I am off to the Dominican Republic tonight to lay on the beach and snorkel when I feel like it. I hope that I can come home with zero weight gain like Tami. Talk with you next week!

Have a great time in the Dominican!

No change for me. Still at 189. Can't wait for that fill!!!

MimIn....it may take even longer than a week....possibly a couple but give it time!

Tami, I am jealous. I love Mexico! Where did you stay in Cancun?

No change for me. Still at 189. Can't wait for that fill!!!

Tami, I am jealous. I love Mexico! Where did you stay in Cancun?

We stayed at the JW Marriott, which was absolutely fabulous. The one advantage to having a hubby who is gone all the time is the frequent flyer and hotel points!

Here's a pic:

Tami%20Cancun%203-07.jpg

OH MY Tami, that is a HOT HOT HOT picture! You look absolutely stunning! You are one sexy lady!!!

Warning - Lots of Whining and Poor Me below

I need to vent a little at 1:30am... So this boob thing that I was so excited about... not so much anymore. I have these things that use to be my breasts that are now alien masses that looks/feels like something is about to break out at any minute.

They are also 10x the size I expected - they are just massive. My back is killing me but I expect that is because of the compression garment. My dear bf is constantly calling me 'tits' and ok the first time or two it was funny, now not so much but he wont stop. I am emotional, my boobs are like rocks and could pop someone's eye out at any minute and oh, I keep running into things which of course feels great.

I am scheduled to go back to work tomorrow and I'm freaking out. Somewhere/somehow I thought I'd be able to hide these things and did not tell anyone what I was getting done just that I was sugery... uhh well there is absolutely NO hiding, they don't go anywhere! they don't move, just alien masses bolted to my chest.

I do have a post op in the morning and I think I'm going to ask my surgeon to write me out of work for the rest of this week. I am not ready to go back. Not only do I get incredibly tired with very little effort but I get constant muscle spasms in my chest that squeeze my rock hard implants and in turn I want to scream.

*sigh* I am done venting/whining/ranting. I am going to try to go back to sleep now that the spasms have stopped and I am no longer choking on a pain med.

MiMIN: You have every right to do some whining! You sound miserable. I've seen lots of plastic surgery on TV and almost every one of the implant surgeries talk about how much swelling there is post-op. I am sure they're going to get a little smaller. I hope you're doing the massage thing they talk about so much. Sounds painful though.

You're wise to go ahead and opt out of work for the rest of the week. Hope you have a decent weekend! Tell the BF you're going to start calling him Big Balls if he doesn't shut the heck up!

We want pictures! Not necessarily nudies but I get this image of a Sherman tank plowing through the house and I'm wondering what that's like!

No, but seriously.....I know you feel very uncomfortable. My sister had it done last year and was pretty uncomfortable for a while. What made it bad were her 2 and 3 year old boys who thought it was fun to jump on her lap and hug her roughly. Now they very innocently say,"watch out for the boobies!" when anyone (strangers too) come near her!

HAHA BJean and Cassandra. I have threatened the well being of his jewels! He had the nerve to tell me that I was not the only one suffering right now. HA! If he thinks a week is bad he's going to be waiting until he's blue in the....

Lisa: I don't know how your sister did it, I would die if anyone jumped on me right now, I wont let anyone within feet of me! Very funny that the little ones issue a boobie warning, I bet that gets some interesting reactions from strangers:)

To get the full idea would be to see a true no padded bra before but here is a picture. It is clothed and 2 days post op. I look like hell, the shirt is rediculous but I was sporting it for my friend who sent it to me so I had a 'boobie' shirt since I do not own any. You can see the alien masses growing toward my collarbone. Fun stuff!

Wow, they look great but no wonder you are hurting! Cleavage up to your chin....my, my, my. Did you get to take off the rest of the week like you were hoping to do? That is something else!

I know you will be happy when things "settle down." BTW, the rest of you is looking great! All that working out has got to help....when can you get back to exercising? I often don't feel like doing it but am so scared to let too much time go by...I'm afraid I won't start up again.

It seems like I'm not getting any faster or better....yes and no I guess. I average 6-8 miles of running/week, over 2-3 days. I feel like I should be getting better but realized today that I am still running around with the equivalent of a 50 pound rucksack on. I can't wait to loose more weight after this next fill. Hopefully I can increase the speed or distance of my runs. I felt worn out and hurt all over today after 2.5 miles yesterday.

Went to a baby shower and ate *normal* non-bandster portions for dinner tonight. Boy do I feel like a slug. Yuck. Once upon a time that would not have been enough but now even *normal* portions are too much. I am so ready for my fill next week. This time I know it will work (last time they couldn't put any in and I was faced with the reality that I wasn't doing what I was supposed to as a good bandster.)

MimIn, hope you are feeling better every day. No wonder your BF can't stop calling you cutesy names. I'm sure you will feel better soon!

I am down 1 pound for the first weigh in.

This week's weigh-in, I am posting it now and will edit it as the numbers (and new challengers) come in!

TamifromAL - 185/0

MimIN180/+14

Cassandra228.2/-3.6

Gonnabethin185/

LindaN 208/

BJean177/-1

Kareyquilts - 189/-2

Lisalee - 189/0

Sandranoelle - 260/

Tanya67 - 231/

Question - Question:

Ok, I have the VG band that holds 10-11ccs - I have 10.5ccs. I finally have restriction only now that I can't consume too much food - especially difficult to digest food, like chicken, fish and steak - I am loosing lots of my hair again (happened during the 2-3 weeks post op too)!

So, since I HATE the Protein Shakes I'm wondering if anyone knows of a Protein capsuel/pill/suplement that I could take?

Mimin: I hope that you are feelilng better. Did you know that your boobs were going to be that size? I think you look fantastic, but I can imagine that it would be an adjustment. I'm sure that your clothes will fit much differently also. I think that you look in portion and that you look wonderful. I'm sure that it is normal to be feel all weirded out, especially when you're in pain. Keep us posted.