Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

I have shovelled more snow this week then I have in my entire life! I am reporting a 0 loss this week. I think the chocolate caught up with me...

I'm only down 1 lb. this week. Still no fill because of travel, but tomorrow I am scheduled and can't wait!

I had an NSV similar to MinIn. I shopped for a suit for a meeting in Cleveland and spent a really long time in my usual Women's Dept. After a lot of try ons, I wound up taking home 2 jackets and 2 pants. When I got home and tried them on and really took a good look, I realized that they were all too big. I wound up taking them back and starting over. I went to one store and found that I could actually get into pants that were a size 14 misses. Not 14 Plus. When I found that comfortable, I decided to try a 14 Petite if I could find some (they seem to be pretty rare). I did and although they're a little too snug in the waist, the butt fit. My goal is a size 8 Petite because that's what I wore in my 30s. I am estatic to think that I am actually getting out of the Plus sizes!!!

I exercised 2 times last week, each a one hour session of Water aerobics. I think the exercise is what is helping with the clothes fit because I sure haven't taken off many lbs. this past month.

Hi ya'll,

I just realized when I got on here this morning that I've been pretty scarce lately. It seems like the more weight I lose, the more active (translate: busy) I am! I haven't even been watching favorite TV shows because too much is going on! I've been doing some redecorating, spurred on by an upcoming social event at my home in a couple of weeks. I work well under pressure, and I'm getting a LOT done, but, whew, it's been a whirlwind!

I took Mim's advice :) this past week and ate chocolate (Valentine's Day), and had a 2 lb. loss. But now I find out it's probably gonna catch up with me next week, huh? Sheesh.

Katie (LovinColorado), welcome to the group. You've done really well, congrats! As for the plateaus at this point, my surgeon says that at this point, exercise becomes key. As we lose weight, part of that is muscle, so our metabolism slows down unless we work to build more muscle.

I'm up to 45-50" per day of cardio, 6 days a week, and 30-45" strength training every other day. I feel like a gym rat! I'm lucky to have a flexible enough schedule to allow this much time spent with my new "hobby".

BJean, I've had some Hair loss, too. It seemed to peak a couple of weeks ago, and is tapering off (or maybe my rose-colored glasses are clouding my perception.) I've heard using Nioxin (from your hairdresser or beauty supply store) can help, but it's a little pricey. And I've heard the recommendation about using Biotin. Then, on the other hand, I've heard that Biotin is only helpful if you're deficient in that Vitamin. If you're eating veggies and taking a multiple vitamin, you're probably not deficient, so the Biotin is unlikely to help. My personal philosophy on the hair loss issue is that our bodies go through a bit of shock from the surgery and dietary changes, but that the hair loss is temporary. (I hope, hope, hope!)

Sandranoelle, so did you get the fill? I get "stuck" quite a bit, but haven't ever PB'd. Getting stuck on occasion doesn't necessarily mean you're at your optimal restriction level. But, if you are taking small bites *and* chewing really well and still getting stuck, I fer sure would *not* get any more fill. And, for me, that applies to Breakfast, too. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I haven't had to skip breakfast, and I'm awfully glad about that. I think that eating breakfast revs up your metabolism for the day. Plus, I really, really like eating my Kashi Go Lean Crunch every morning. It's my treat!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Tami

Tami: I believe my Hair loss is slowing - thank goodness! I actually got a pretty bald spot at my hairline above my forhead. Eeek! :faint:

I really do think that the anethesia can sometimes have adverse reaction and the shock of quick weight loss can too. I have gone back to eating more Protein and I do think that is helping. I've also gone back to having one zinc with Biotin chewable about every other day. But the dietician says that protein is the key. :hungry:

I have found that since I've lost weight I am much more active. I had become a real couch potato! Sometimes the more energy you use, the more energy you seem to have. Sounds like you're doing really incredibly well! congrats on figuring out what works well for you. You continue to inspire us! :clap2:

I am up one pound from last week, back to 195. Worked a lot of nights and flip-flopped shifts so I only got in exercise twice. Did 14 flights of stairs 3 times one night though! When I started this in September, I was breathless after one flight. Will try to run 2.5 miles this week....2 miles is coming pretty easily now.

It's funny, I have gotten more compliments on weight loss this last week than ever. The scales don't show it but the clothes sure do. I bought a pair of 16W two weeks ago that were too tight for work but actually wore them last night. They fit very nicely.

A friend of mine told me to get a pair of pants that are a little too small to try on when the scales weren't moving. It was a great idea.

Now if I could just curb my appetite! I still have good restriction (esp. in the morning) but I get really hungry quickly with this increase in exercise. Or is it just in my head?

nothing up or down.

Thanks BJean!

I accomplished a new personal goal today. I ran 3 miles in 40 minutes. Mind you, it was nearly just walking but I did it. I haven't ran that far since I was a 6th grader. It sure was tough though....these 37 year old bones aren't what they used to be!

I think it will be a couple of days before I fully recover...I still want to try to run again tomorrow. I'm becoming an endorphin junkie!

I had some good news this morning, and wanted to share it with you guys. I had a bodyfat analysis done at the gym this morning in a "Body Pod". I've gone from 35.4% bodyfat in November to 23.9% today! Based on my lean body weight of 150.2, I've actually had to raise my goal to 165! I just jumped 15 lbs. closer to goal overnight! Is that awesome or what?

I also did my first spinning class this morning. It was intense, but I loved it. It was much easier to get my heart rate up into the training zone doing that vs. elliptical.

Tami

I was banded 9/5/06 and as of 2/20/07, I am down 45 lbs. I have had two fills, the last one really did it. I see my doctor once a month and found that that wasn't enough for me so I joined a TOPS group so I could weigh in once a week. I wasn't sure if they would let me join because of being banded, but they said I could attend meetings, but I wouldn't be eligible for any awards. I don't care about awards, loosing the weight and having the support is enough for me.

Kittylover: I think whatever helps is great. Good luck with TOPS!

I had a NSV victory this week. My massage therapist is into the YOU on

A Diet, Dr. Oz book and wanted me to measure her waist and she measured mine. My waist measured 33 inches! When I measured 2 months ago it was 38 inches. So, I think that the Water aerobics must really be helping. Now, below the waist is another story, but I'll take my NSV when I can. I lost 1 pound this week, but the scale is going back and forth. Up one, down one. Don't know if I should count it.

I need all of your opinions. I go to see my doctor on Monday. The question is whether I should ask him to give me a fill. My doctor is leaving the state at the end of the month. There office is still not sure if they have another doctor coming to replace him. I have a contract for a year's support with fills, nutritionist support, etc. I may have to find another doctor to continue my care (outside of my current doctor's office). I know that my appetite is picking up, but some foods are difficult for me to eat, ie. meat, bread, anything that isn't chewed well. I think that if I could use, I would get a fill in another 2-3 weeks. But, with my doctor leaving, I feel that I should get it while, I can. I only hesititate because I am going on a week long trip with my DH at the end of next week. If I get a fill, I will be on liquids, then mushies, etc. and would only be trying regular food when it was time to leave on the trip. I don't know what I would do if I was too filled. It sucks that my doctor is leaving. What would you do?

Karey: I was ready for a fill too when I found out that we were going out of town. I decided to wait until we got back just in case I was overfilled and really uncomfortable and it would ruin the trip.

I got mine yesterday and I can't tell yet if it's going to be enough. If it is like a couple of the other fills, I may not hit max for a week or so. And it will probably hit me when I least expect it, slime, PB and all.

The doc agreed that it had been too long since my last fill, but what I didn't tell him was that the last time I was in for one, he said I didn't need it. He still says that we should err on the side of caution.

You are in a spot though with your doc leaving. I'm not sure what I'd do. That hunger thing is scary. Maybe you could get him to do just a small amount. They say that when you're close to your "sweet spot" it may only take a few drops to make the difference. Good luck!

lisa: You're amazing. I can't walk 3 miles, much less run them. That is awesome!!

Tami: Fantastic. Keep up the good work. You're still the best at inspiring me every step of the way.

kittylover: I belonged to TOPS years ago. I found it to work quite well for me. We moved to another state and I have always missed it. I think it's a good idea. Your weight loss is great!

Kittylover: Welcome! This is a great group!

Tami: That is so cool! Wow...I think I'll find a place that does that! Good motivator.

BJean: Thank you. I'm quite shocked myself.

Karey: Difficult situation you're in. I guess I would wait for the fill until I established care with another doc. I would hate to get too tight and then struggle to get in to see a new doc emergently. Also, I would think that being on the road would make it more difficult to get the proper foods after a fill. Just my thoughts.

The scale keeps wandering all over the place for me too. I may not conquer the St. Patty's challenge but checking in with this group really helps make me accountable for exercise. It's GREAT!

BTW, I haven't had a fill since November 9th (my second) and I see alot of you are getting third and fourth (?) fills. I'm now at 1.5ccs. Interesting how our bodies differ so much. I frankly think my exercising is the only reason I'm losing weight/inches...and slowly. I'm watching what I eat and do OK on most days. Drink at least 2 liters/day. I'm sure I am not ready for another fill but I find it interesting that I don't need it.

Hmmm.....