Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

And damn if I forgot to check in for weight - still 0! This is week three with no loss but no gain either. Doc hasn't wanted to give me a fill since my last one in Oct - I go every month, and every month she says no, you're still losing....even if it has only been a pound a week...ok, ok, so I'm complaining a little when I know I haven't been as diligent as I should be with my food - I eat M and M's when I get stressed...(like a 1.6 oz bag a day..) that 180 calories is doing me IN!! LOL....going back to the doc on 7 Feb - I am hoping for a fill...

Luck and best wishes to all...

Suz

Down one pound. Slow, but steady. Band really tight. 2cc put in 2 weeks ago. Would love for it to loosen just a wee bit.

TruBlueSue: I would throw a fit the next time you go to the doc if you can't have a fill. You shouldn't be penalized for sticking to your diet even if you are hungry! Your doing good (except for the M&M's). The reason you got the band was to be a tool to help with your appetite. You paid for that tool and you deserve to get it's maximum benefits. Easy for them to make judgements for you. I would just insist on a fill! Good luck!

Bandida: Good luck with your upcoming surgery. You're going to do awesome!

Has anyone had any NSV's the last week?

I had a few.... I flew to Atlanta last week and found I actually fit in a plane seat with room to spare and I can pull the seatbelt tight across my lap without extending it as far as it will go and see it rather than it hide under my belly!

My lane bryant size 14 dress pants and jeans are hanging off my arse and while in atlanta I decided to go shopping (lane bryant 14 is a 'normal' size 16). I bought size 14 dress pants and a pair of levi's in the misses section and a couple large shirts from the juniors of macy's I hven't done that since I was probably 12.

Last night my dog took off like a rocket and I ran full sprint after him clear across the community by the time I caught him I was several blocks from home and was hardly winded. Curious how far I had gone I later took the car out to measure and it was 1.1 miles (my dog sucks!). I have never been able to run more than 1/4 mile without feeling the onset of death.

It's the little things that make it all worth it!

MimIN: Fabulous story!! That is really impressive - both the run and being able to wear a 14 and a large from Jrs. Wow. It's those kinds of stories that give me courage and the strength to believe that even though I am having some problems, I can still reach my goal. Congrats to you for your really good NSVs.!

I did finally get a fill today. Lots of dietician talk about how to get myself out of this slump and lots of talk from the doc about what other people have done that was helpful. I am lucky to have such a support team. I just hope I can get back with the program!

MimIN: Congratulations! I had an american eskimo when I was younger that would give me a workout like that daily. Maybe I should have kept him and I would have stayed thin. Size 14 that's awesome! I seem to be stuck in my 16's. Better than 22+ though.

MimIn: Congratulations! We are the same weight and I'm buying some 14's, but depending on the brand some can be tight. I'm trying to think of a NSV.... Let's see... People are telling me that I look a lot younger. I guess that is a NSV!

Hi all Sept bandsters! I am still here...

I had my third fill yesterday. I have lost about 33 pounds since my 9/15 surgery. I told my surgeon how frustrated i am feeling. I have battled 3 pounds back and forth for almost 2 months now. So he made my band pretty tight. Last night it was a little tough eating dinner but this morning was something i have never felt.

I was eating scrambled eggs and could feel burning and gurgling. Needless to say, i didn't eat much. I hear people say their band is tighter in the morning so i want to see what happens in the next day or two but does anyone think i am too tight? The last 2 fills i regretted not having a tighter fill. Before this last fill i felt i could eat a lot (not compared to what i use to eat) for instance i could eat scrambled eggs and 2 pieces of toast. I hear so many people say they can't even eat bread...

i would appreciate any thoughts, advice, etc

is it too late to join the st patty's challenge?

Best wishes to all

Melissa

Melissa: Scrambled eggs can be difficult to eat. You might try a fried egg (with out any oil of course). My doctor says that after a fill you should be on liquids for a day, the next day soft foods, the next day mushy food and then slowly reintroduce regular food. You will probably have to really think about chewing and eating more slowly. I know that the powers to be have told us this all along, but until you have some restriciton it just doesn't seem as important, does it? My 3rd fill, I experienced exactly what you are going through. I would give it some time. Right after a fill, there can also be extra swelling. Take it slowly. There are trade offs with the band. Do you want to fill full or would you rather have a little more freedom with what you eat? If you can monitor, weigh and watch what you eat and are willing to exercise than maybe you want less restriction. If it's impossible to eat, than of course, you want less restriction. You'll have to figure all this out and then talk with your doctor. Anyway, welcome back. Join the challenge. Wish you the best!

it is so exciting that you are all doing well. The size thing is great. no fantastic, amazing and wonderful. I am down from size 32 to a 26 so that is my good news. I think that while some of us are not loosing, that our bodies and doing some kind of metabolizing. (don't even know if that is a word) anyway when we take a deep breath and get back on track (no Snacks and picking) that our bodies will be ready to start loosing again. .

I know that this sounds dumb. but how about if those who want to get together, hold hands (what do you call it on line) and support each other to have a good day tomorrow.. when we think of eating something we shouldn't we won't because it would break the chain of support. How sappy does that sound. I need really need support... trying to think of a gimmic.......

well, I hope everyone has a good day.

Sorry you guys,

I didnt die!!!!!! But I have been out of pocket for a while. Mim, I didnt lose a damn thing for the last two weeks so if you could post for me that would be great. Been job hunting!

Congrats to all that have been doing so well.

Here are the numbers for this week. We are now down a total for 61.5lbs! Melissa I have added you to the list, what is your starting weight??

TamifromAL – 213/-5/-2/0

BJean – 181/0/0/-1

Gonnabethin – 190/0/0/-1

MimIN – 199/-2/-2/0

Sandranoelle – 275/-4/+2/0

Kareyquilts – 203/-4/-2/-3

TrueBlueSue - 174.5/0/0/0

LindaN – 218/-1/-3/-1

Lauriegee – 215/-2/-6/0

Mom of Many – 209/-1/0/0

Mariecarmen – 198/-8/0/-2

Lisalee – 203/+2/-4/-2

Harlito – 371/-1.5

April – 241/-5

Finallyonmyway - 200

Katt – 282/-2

Melissa0915 -

sandraonelle: It has been harder for me this go-round. It seems like most of us could use a little morale boost. I've only lost 1 lb. since the beginning of the challenge. I'm only 10 lbs. from being at a weight that I remember was very much more comfortable for me. You'd think that knowing that, I'd be working harder at making the right choices. Maybe we're all going through a little of that post-holiday blues thing that everyone talks about.

Anybody got a good joke?