Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

down 4lbs this week, I may just make ONEderland yet!

stayed the same prob time for a fill, I will wait until after Christmas!!

lost two!!!! amazing since I am sinking into a hole ... binging etc... so funny. I was so strong for almost 3 months and it is like a black cloud of hunger landed on me. my first fill will be Dec 28.. What is it with us that we all reach this point.. You know the hell with it :) . point. If I want to eat something I don't even try.. I actually lost 5 pounds this week and gained 3 back. but 2 is great. I love 2.. I'll keep 2..

All of you seem to have done better than me with this weight loss. I am down 25lbs since my surgery of 9/12/2006. I do need a fill now (2previous) but did not want to do it until after Christmas. Haven't lost anything in 3-4weeks but have still continued to do my daily walk of 2miles. I don't want to sound dumb but what is PB? Brendab

Sandranoelle: I got to the hungry all the time point at Thanksgiving. I had lost Fluid in my band and had good reason to be hungry. You'll feel better after you have a fill. Good for you that you're exercising. This is a busy and stressful time just get through it. You're really doing awesome. Cut yourself and break and try and make good choices.

Hi. MOM I'm down 3 this week. Woo hoo!

I am not like some of you who don't want a fill before Christmas. I am afraid NOT to get another one. The 3rd fill has finally helped although I do not have the restriction that will keep me from overeating sometimes. Like last night I wound up having a whole cup of Soup and half a sandwich from Panera, so you who've been to Panera know that half of a Panera sandwich is like a whole sandwich you make at home. I just kept eating. No uncomfortable suggestion from the band to stop. I don't want to go through Christmas like I did at Thanksgiving where I lose my resolve and start eating things I know will make me gain weight. But I don't want to be like Tami (I think) and have to struggle to get down enough food to assure nutrition. I still worry about Hair loss.< /p>

I have a question about Water. Sometimes when I'm really thirsty, I drink about 7 or 8 oz and then I can't help myself, I go right back for more. Then I get strange sharp pains in various places that are really uncomfortable. Does anyone else experience this? Is it gas? Sometimes I wonder if the water is putting pressure on the band and it is causing leakage at the port site or someplace. Any input out there?

MOM, no weight lost, no weight gained. I'll take that since I hosted early Christmas at my house and we had bad food EVERYWHERE! And yes, I was bad. I'm so glad to see I didn't put on the holiday 5-10.

Hi. MOM I'm down 3 this week. Woo hoo!

I am not like some of you who don't want a fill before Christmas. I am afraid NOT to get another one. ... But I don't want to be like Tami (I think) and have to struggle to get down enough food to assure nutrition. I still worry about Hair loss.< /p>

The problem is, it's a fine line between being properly restricted and being over-restricted. I've had this fill level for a week, and I'm not really comfortable with it, but I'm not having the classic symptoms of being over-filled, either (no PB, no heartburn, can drink water). But, I'm very tight in the morning, and have to take it slow, even with liquids! It's weird, I can actually feel the liquids trickle through. Twice I've set up appointments to get a slight unfill, but then cancelled when I could eat later in the afternoon. This is more restriction than I'm comfortable with, but I read so many posts where people say they started out tight, and then it loosened up a week or two later. Of course, on the flip side of that, there are a lot of people who say they got tighter a week or two later!

Tami

Hi everyone-

Brendab i totally feel your pain. I was banded on 9/15 and have lost around 32 pounds (which goes up and down 2 pounds daily). I've had 2 fills and everytime the surgeon has wanted to make it tighter and i ask him to take a little out. I have 8.5cc's filled in a 10cc band...i am worried about what happens where there is no where to go. I have been making some really bad choices this x-mas but definitely not eating what i ate last year. I also walk about 3-4 times a week. I am thinking about wanting a third fill but i am a little tight in the morning so that worries me that i could get too tight. I feel so much better and my clothes are getting too big but i want to lose weight! I have promised myself once it is 2007 i am taking the diet very seriously again! I hate hearing everyone's comments as well. Over t-giving my mom said "oh you can eat as much as i can." I ate a lot of mashed pot...which we know goes right thru the band. I hate explaining all of that to people.

How is everyone else making it thur the holidays?

Melissa

I felt really really tight for the first two weeks after my last fill. I thought I would definitely need an unfill if it didn't change. I had the golfball all the time. But two weeks later and I think I may actually be at my sweet spot, for now anyway, hopefully this is it. I also have learned how to slow down with eating and chew, if I don't, it's golfball city, and that really hurts! I would stick it out for another week and see what happens. I, too, am very tight in the morning. I just do liquids for Breakfast. I am much more open later in the day. I haven't weighed myself at all this week, TOM is coming again in two days and I hate to weigh myself during this time, so I don't know how much my I have lost since I checked last week. Hang in there everyone!

It'sGottaGo, thanks! I've heard several people say the same thing, so I'm just taking it a day at a time, and hoping that I don't have an emergency over the weekend!

If it doesn't loosen up after Christmas, though, I'm probably going to go in for a slight adjustment. I can totally see why some people say they actually gain weight while overfilled. I'm hungrier in the morning, because I can't eat, but I also have to drink slow. Before this fill, if I was hungry between meals, I just chugged Water to fill me up. Plus, it's easy to give in to the "soft foods syndrome". When I'm hungry and feeling deprived, ice cream sounds pretty darn good. On the plus side, once I'm able to eat, I am definitely satisfied with less food, and stay full longer!

BJean...I meant to tell you earlier that I've never heard about the pain you've had after drinking water. Maybe you should post on the main list to ask some of the "old timers".

Brendab...I don't think anyone answered your question earlier about "what is a PB?" PB = productive burp. It happens to some people when they over eat, eat too fast, or take too big of a bite, and the food that's still in the pouch comes back up.

Tami

Tami: Thanks for your response. I went to the doc's office today and saw the dietictian. I asked her about the pains after drinking Water and she said she'd never heard of it before. The two other people in the office hadn't either.

Heck, I hope I haven't sprung a leak. I should go to that thread where Dr. C. answers questions. Thanks for reminding me that there are other places to get answers at LBT.

BJean,

I bet it is happening because you are getting air in when you swallow. I say this because that is what happens to me a lot.

Observe when it happens again and see if you think that might be it.

julestwu: I asked the question if it could be that I'm swallowing air because I get so thirsty after waiting 2 hours to have any Water after meals that I might be drinking too fast. She said she hadn't heard of anyone else with that problem but that it might be the problem.

Now that I've read your post, I think it makes perfect sense. I may just be drinking too much water too fast. Thank goodness I've finally heard from someone who has the same problem!

I was really beginning to think that I have something wrong going on inside. I will slow down and try to take small sips of water and see if that helps.

Thanks so much for your input!