Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

OK...I'm 2 days away from surgery, and I'm trying to get everything at home ready for me to be out of commission for a few days. So first thing this morning it means folding about 6 loads of laundry that I washed earlier this week but didn't get around to folding. To get in the right mindset I search for a good repeat movie for background entertainment. Hoping to find something along the line of Breakfast Club or Ferris Bullers Day Off, I see Beaches was just starting and I think this will be perfect. WHAT WAS I THINKING????? By the end of the movie (and yes, I've seen it 100 times and know how it's going to end) I am bawling my eyes out. All the what if's start swimming through my head thinking of my 7 & 11 year old daughters.

I'm also on my first day of all liquids, so maybe I'm a bit more emotional then normal.

I have recovered and now am laughing at myself for choosing that as my morning entertainment. Note to self...no movies about dieing 2 days before surgery.

Hi everyone had my banding on Wednesday the sixth .I have been doing fine . Didn't have to use any pain medicine. I am just a little tender by the port but not bad just when i bend to much. Walking a mile per day, doctor said Clear Liquids for 2 days ,full liquids for 1 week then pureed for 1 week . He said any thing i can blend in a blender to pureed form i could eat. I made home made chicken veggy Soup and blended it (great) Then today i had refried Beans with beef stock and Water and a scoup of unflavored protien powder and onion powder and low fat chedder cheese , It was wonderful. Hope every one else is having a quick recovery. I will be in touch go to the doctor on the 19th. iIam liking this band already.:D

I read an article yesterday about a study they did on Mozart music. I've always heard that it helps brain function, but this study actually documented quicker healing from surgery in patients who listened to it afterwards. They slept better when they listened to it at bedtime. :notagree They experienced less pain too! :D So I'm going out to buy a CD and I plan to listen to it until I am back up and at 'em. As they say in Texas.

I used it in the hospital for my abdominal hysterectomy- and it worked !!!!

Was home in 48hrs and had very little pain!!

Good luck tomorrow!! You'll do great!

gonnabethin: Fantastic! I will try to get a CD and player to take tomorrow and see if I can do as well with it as you did. Thanks for the well wishes!

Gjdf52: What a great report! I am so happy to hear you say you like your band already! Plus no pain medication! Woo-Hoo! And you're already walking a mile!!! What a girl. I'm way impressed. Keep up the good work - and the good reports! BJ

Good luck to all our September 11th and 12th Bandsters! I am having mine done on the 12th and am leaving tomorrow afternoon to stay closer to the hospital I am having it done in, so I do not have to drive there at 5:00a.m. on Tuesday morning. I will be thinking of all of you, keep me in your thoughts and prayers as well! I will report all when I get back!

Best wishes to those of you who are about to have the surgery!

Last week I was approved! Yayyy! So, this week I am supposed to go to the hospital for all of the pre-op tests, blood work, barium swallow, and echo. Then the next week I meet with the dietician and start the lovely pre-op diet, and then it's my turn! I still don't have the date, but it's looking like either the very end of September, or beginning of October. I SO wanted to be a September bandster with the rest of you! There is still hope, but hey, now I am definitely on my way!:clap2:

Hello Everyone! Sounds like we have some good experiences so far! Keep it up! I start my 10 day pre-op liquid diet today!!! Uggggh ...my dietician has told me to have 3-6 Carnation Instant Breakfast with skim milk and to try Bullion, broth and Crystal Light as "fill in" when I am hungry! So far so good ... it's only 7:11 am (so I have not eaten anything yet) Iam so nervous - 10 days is a long long long long time with no real food! Wish me luck! and I will be thinking of you all with surgeries coming up and wishing all of you that just had surgery a speedy recovery!

Last week I was approved! Yayyy! :clap2:

Congrats!!! That is a huge milestone. Even if you fall into Oct, you can still hang with us Sept bandsters. Good luck with all your pre-op stuff.

Good luck to all of you who will be banded this week. I am confident you all will do well. Everyday I get stronger. I never had to take pain meds. A little sore and like I said before very gassy. Other than that, all of you will do great.

Wishing you a quick recovery. Please keep us posted once you're up to it.

Regards,

Well, I finally had my surgery on the 6th and everything went great. I am still very sore but feeling good. Good luck to everyone!

Ashlee,

Happy to hear you're doing well. Welcome to Bandland. Every day you'll get less sore. I had my surgery the day before you and every day it seems to get better. Wishing you a quick recovery.

Looking forward to a successful weight loss journey and a healthy lifestyle.

Regards,

Ashlee - glad to hear things went well for you.

I have one more hurdle. I have polycystic ovaries, and have to go see the gynecologist tomorrow. Since PCOS can cause weight gain, they want to make certain they're under control. Not sure what they can do, but I told him I'd go see one.

I've been working on the high Protein, low cal diet already - wow am I hungry! How strange will it be to eat a few bites of cottage cheese and actually be full!

I get banded on the 28th!!!!! I'm anxious as heck, and that's two weeks away!!! Would anyone be able to tell me how much weight I should lose before surgery? I presently weigh 240 lbs. Do I cut out solid food cold turkey at this point? I've never had surgery of any kind so I'm trying to soak up all the info. before my big day. What is all of this "PBing" I'm hearing about after the surgery? .....HELP