Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

MOM: Man, I feel your pain!! I have had some days like that. I've found that if I have the low-cal, f/f, s/f foods in the house I am so much more able to keep on track. I've learned that in the past when I dieted I made the mistake of having things in the house that I couldn't resist. So I didn't resist them. Now there's really nothing that wonderful around, so it's easier to just eat something to stave off the hunger pains.

Hope you get past that gnawing hunger sensation! Tomorrow should be better if you're anything like me. Good luck!!!

thank you BJ I use to be very very thin when I gotmaried 11 years ago I was 130 you should have seen me then aacheeewoowa.....

Rita Ann: I'm much older than you. But when I got married I weighed 106. After my children were born I was 110. When I turned 42, I got depressed, had some female problems and gained to 135.

From then until now it's been a roller coaster of up and down off and on every diet ever created (or close to it). My heaviest was around 218-220. I am very small framed as well as short. Consequently, my knees are now shot. It only took just over a year for them to deteriorate to the point that the only answer for me is total knee replacement - both knees. So, you're young, and you've got a handle on it. You have the Lap Band, you can be healthy and not waste years (like I did) being fat, unhappy, depressed and a couch potato.

You keep up the good work - look at your picture - and think of me when you think you can't live without some high calorie EVIL food! :lol:

Hey Guys,

I got my second fill Tuesday, and I can feel a difference this time. Today I had about five bites of lunch and that was all I could do. The nurse said I should be losing faster and more than I am, only 18 down, and I guess my problem is the carbs. I took heed of her advice after a scolding and went to the store to buy more Protein products. What fun. Hopefully I will only need one more fill after this one and then I should be good to go!!

Mallorie

Is it common to not loose much weight before your first fill? The first week I lost 5 lbs. The second week I lost 3 and this past week I have been bouncing between 1 and 2 lbs. I thought I would be down 20 lbs by now. I know I have not restriction because my Dr wont do a fill until 6 weeks post op and so my first fill is Nov 10th.

I really would appreciate hearing from others who are slow weight loss prior to fill and then hear how the weight loss was after their fill. Anyone????

BJ, I am turing 41 next mon th (ouch) and I hae been heavy all my life except when I was divorcing my 1st DH and then when I was somebodys mistress (OOHHH) but basically I understand maybe for not as many years but I get it.. as far as the knee thing that I dont get cause no matter how heavy I was I never stopped doing karate and could always throw a kick to somebodys head... oh and I can still do a split... (YEAH) have a smiling day, count calories and chew and drink...

Shell,

From what I know about the band it is common to not lose as much weight as you did just post op. Your body heals and remember there is no restriction post op. I too am in your shoes. I have lost a total of 20 lbs and last week didnt do a darn thing, not to mention I'm hungrier now. I too can not get a fill until 6 weeks post op and yesterday was only 4 weeks. I just know I have to stay on track (no matter what) as hard as it may be at times. I still eat foods from the list my doc gave me, even when I am cooking the regular stuff for my husband and son. A healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week, with a fill or not. So you seem to be on track.

Faster weight loss creates many other issues, one inparticular is Hair loss, and other can be damaging to the organs. Keep doing what you are doing. You'll be fine.

I with you Rita Ann, I too have been heavy all my life, well since 10 years of age. I have tried everything and trust me everything, from every weight loss product, diet, program, diet pills, counseling, group counseling, and even a 2 year drug habit, that was'nt prescribed, That was a big monkey, not to mention an X hubby that could'nt handle the fact that I was over weight, which ended a 20 year marriage. Go figure, some people just don't get it.

My lowest weight was 134 as an adult, and after that it ws steady up constantly battleing the beast. I believe we are here for a reason, we meet here with each other for a reason. I know if I had'nt found all of you my journey would have been very lonely. Thanks you for sharing your stories it makes me remember why I am here today.

Because each of us understand what the other is going through, I have faith that we will overcome our demons together.

Keep up the great work kiddos, and thank you all for being there.

Is it common to not loose much weight before your first fill? The first week I lost 5 lbs. The second week I lost 3 and this past week I have been bouncing between 1 and 2 lbs. I thought I would be down 20 lbs by now. I know I have not restriction because my Dr wont do a fill until 6 weeks post op and so my first fill is Nov 10th.

I really would appreciate hearing from others who are slow weight loss prior to fill and then hear how the weight loss was after their fill. Anyone????

It is very common to not lose before you get filled. Remember that you are only expected to lose 1-2 lbs/week, even with a fill. It sounds like you are doing great. I don't get my first fill until 11/8. Hang in there and keep following your eating plan.

well i haven't posted in a while so i thought i'd post an update on my journey.

about 2wks after surgery my surgery(15th) i was having a wierd pain just below my sternum. my surgeon put me in the hospital for tests and observation. everything checked out and the pain went away.

except for those couple of days and a bad sinus infection everything has been going great. i've lost 28lbs so far. I've very excited that i can now wear the nice clothes to work that i used to fit in. looking forward to not being able to wear them but for a different reason.

i have to go see my cardiologist this week to have my bp medicine adjusted. my bp has dropped dramatically from changing my diet and losing almost 30lbs. it's to the point now where it's too low and making me feel bad. but this is a good problem to have to deal with.

i haven't had time to read how everyone else is doing but i hope all is going well.

Hey ya'll! I am happy too that I have you all to share this experience with!

My doc says this is a 2-yr plan. He doesn't believe in losing it any faster than that. When you start thinking in terms of 2 years, instead of several months, it should be much easier to live with the slower pace of 1 to 2 lbs. a week.

Also, we're supposed to be exercising. Unless you're like Rita Ann, who can leap tall buildings in a single bound :D you may not be in the best shape you can be. So when you start exercising and building muscle, you don't usually register a weight loss - your scales may even show a gain. Muscle weighs more than fat. And after your initial Water loss (if you aren't eating a lot of carbs) that's when you get down to losing the real fat that will make a difference in your health and beauty.

Mom,

I feel like I have lived your life with the weight loss issues. I think we all can relate. I too have been overweight for a long time. 15 years. Right after I got pregnant with my first child it all started. I quict smoking and it truly gave me the green light to eat.

I have to say, I am starving. My fill was cancelled yesterday so I have it scheduled for next Wed. In the meantime, I'm working hard not to pick between meals, eating healthy, and working out. However, it's the same complaint. I'M NOT LOSING ANYTHING worth talking about. The weight loss is very very slow. Some weeks I don't even lose a pound.

Bjean, you have a very good point. This is a 2 year plan. I need to stop looking at the small picture of every week or even monthly. I know the weight will come off, it's just so frustrating when you don't see the scale move in the direction you want. What's even more frustrating is the scale goes up much easier than it does going down.

We'll just keep plugging away.

Cory, glad to hear everything is going well and the clothes thing is awsome! Not to mention your bp meds! how great is that???? Good luck on the rest of your journey.

Em,

the scale will move!!!! we did'nt gain it over night or in a few months, so it may take a while to lose it, and this time it will be lost F O R E V E R!!!!

Ok,

Finally got the avitar to work and the pic in the corner. If you go to edit siunature and then to edit avitar you can upload a pic or whatever you want.

Its a bad pic but it will get better, and not to mention I have never put a pic of me anywhere in the house much less on the internet. I do hope to update the pic on christmas. Maybe even a comparison.