Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here In San Diego...doesn't Feel Real Yet...

I don't know it may be just me but now that its MY turn it doesn't feel like I its real. I'm a lil worried that I acted too hasty in wanting the sleeve, wondering if I could have just buckled down and lost the weight on my own, & no more good ol large portions. Lol!! I guess I'm just nervous now that everything has fallen into place for me to be able to actually be here. I had so many valid reasons for pushing so hard to make this happen, I need to switch back to that mind frame. Asking for prayers and well wishes!!

Prayers and well wishes being sent! Remember the reasons you wanted this done and don't let that little devil on your shoulder talk you out of doing what you know is best for you! I think everyone has those same thoughts just before surgery, but that's just wishful thinking. How many times have you succeeded at losing weight and keeping it off before? It's zero or you wouldn't be there getting ready for surgery, just like me and so many others who have gone before! :)

Please post an update once you're sleeved and on the loser's bench. We're keeping a spot warm for you! :)

Thank you, Lissa!! Ur right that was no one other than the devil. Lol!! Got me acting like a lil scarry cat and that is soo not in my nature. Lol!! And I left my baby on mothers day weekend to have this done too!!! My big girl panties are back ON!!! Lol!! Thank you for your kind words of wisdom!!!

I'm right behind you dear! I leave for San Diego tomorrow morning and having my surgery on Monday! Same thoughts are already rolling around in my mind, but Lissa is absolutely correct. I lost 100 lbs using my own diet and exercise plan in 2006. Then my Mom passed away unexpected, followed 5 months later by my brother. The stress packed on the weight and I regained 80 lbs of that!

Since then I lost 45 lbs for my wedding (which I promptly regained the year after.......)

So we may be really good at losing, but keeping it off is impossible (at least for me). I NEED this surgery to help me stay at my idea weight and extend my life, give me back the ability to do the things I'm missing out on now, and to remember what it feels like to REALLY succeed when it comes to my health.

We can do this!

I'll be there in a couple of weeks and you can give me the pep talk as I am sure I will feel exactly the same way. BUT TOTALLY agree with Lissa's comments.

I'm headed to San Diego Monday and I'm also questioning my decision. Never thought in a million years that I would question it. I've been wanting surgery for over 10 years (joined obesity help in April 2002).

Now that it's becoming so real and so imminent, I'm just really questioning it. Logically I know it's my solution, just emotionally I'm struggling a bit. I guess that's perfectly normal though, so I'm just trying to hang out & chill a bit.

I am excited for you! I understand about it not feeling real. Honestly, I half expected myself to back up right to the point of getting on the operating table, but I didn't, and I am so glad! I am praying you have a good experience like I had...so praying for no nausea and no gas pain, and for a quick recovery. No matter how it hurts though, walk! Don't be afraid to ask for pain meds either. My surgeon said to make sure to ask for them or they won't give them to you. Ask and be as comfortable as you can. Hurting does not help anyone, mostly you! You will do great...think of how your life is going to change and what great times you have a head of you because you are making the decision to do something about your wt! Good for you!

Vicki

Thank you, ladies! It feels better to know I'm not the only one to question myself, but yes, I am confident that it will be all good! just waiting for Dr.Garcia's driver now.... I'll post updates!! : )

You are all going to do fine! I was the same nervous person before my surgery, even though mine was do or die! Until I actually woke up after surgery, I didn't believe I'd go through with it. Doing this takes tremendous courage and strength of will. It's natural to have doubts that it's necessary and to wonder if we could have done it on our own.

But, let me tell you ALL this: I'm so glad I had this done. 8 months ago I could barely walk and I had a death sentence hanging over my head, literally. It was lose the weight or die. I have an obese aunt who has had 20 surgeries because of her obesity. I finally figured out that ONE surgery to defeat obesity was worth 20 surgeries to fix the problems caused by obesity. Today, I'm over 90 pounds lighter. I can walk without hurting. I go to the gym every day and work out. My cardiac fitness has improved tremendously and I can outlast almost anyone I know when I go to the mall or go out dancing. I feel 20 years younger...all because I smacked that little devil off my shoulder and climbed on that operating table. My future's so bright I gotta wear shades! (bad 80's song quote, btw) I think I just gave away my age, LOL!! :)

Congrats!! Excited for you and your journey!! Please let us know how your doing!! I will be there Monday!!

Thank you' date=' ladies! It feels better to know I'm not the only one to question myself, but yes, I am confident that it will be all good! just waiting for Dr.Garcia's driver now.... I'll post updates!! : )[/quote']

You will do great Neva907. Trust that God will see you through this and you will look back on your jitters and laugh one day soon. Hopefully I will be sleeved soon( going thru insurance hoops to have a sleep study) and I can join you on this journey.

I think it's good your are questioning your decision because it's a huge change and you recognize that it will be hard. But having this tool to help from regaining is the most wonderful thing ever. Best wishes, prayers.

Opps

AND IT'S SHOW TIME!!!! I'M OFF TO SURGERY!

You will do great! Thrilled for you.

I am scheduled for July 9 and fly into San Diego on July 8. It was the earliest date possible. Well, actually, late June was possible but it conflicted with a work commitent that I must keep.

I can hardly wait for your report!