Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wasn't but we're all different. I was sore for several weeks and could sleep on my left side for weeks.

Well, I don't do well with pain meds. But, if you can handle the med itself and you need something for pain. Take it! Don't put any undo stress on yourself as pain causes stress. Take it when you need it, but taper off as you don't want to rely on it. Other than in the hospital (2days), I think I only took 2-3 doses of pain med when I got home. Everyone is definitely different. If you continue to have persistent pain, contact your doc. It could be something else.

Nope! Was completely off by day 4. Could have been sooner, but I was scared it would hurt if I didn't take them. LOL

From someone who works in healthcare... don't be a hero. If you're hurting and you have pain meds, TAKE THEM. Its only when you have to go back asking for seconds or thirds that you need to worry.

I was off pain meds by day 3, I tend to have a really high pain tolerance. Then, about day 5 I realized that anesthesia had cracked one of my molars when they intubated me. I developed a dental abcess and had to wait several days for a root canal. I don't remember the second week post-op AT ALL because I was drugging myself into oblivion so I wouldn't have to deal with that toothache!

If you have the meds and you need them... TAKE THEM!

I'm on day 9 and I'm still having to take pain meds. I had to request more yesterday.

Well I have an appointment in an hour with my dr to get this awful drain out. I just don't want to sound like a weirdo when I tell him that I still have moments of really bad pain. We will see.

I just barely stopped the pain meds a few days ago and I was one week post op on Monday. In my case I had no problem sleeping but actually had a killer headache the day before yesterday and it started to come back yesterday so I took it for that. It's the only pain med I had that was a liquid I could take and this one actually has Tylenol in it so I thought what the heck. I have a huge bottle of the pain medication so I imagine they expect you to possibly need it way more than a week since I still have more than half of it left. Do what you have to do to help your healing process! Hang in there and good luck! :)

PS. If someone is driving you to the appointment you might want to take some of the pain medication beforehand. The drain removal is not painful in the strictest sense of the word but for me at least it was very uncomfortable and icky. Luckily it only last a second or 2.

I was off meds (percocet) within 5 days, wasn't really in pain just very sore and unconfortable in my surgery spots where they made incisions for about 3-4 days after that I was good. No pain in my stomach at all suprisingly. If you are still feeling pain then you need the meds.

Good Luck and Take Care!

I only hac the pain killer for 2 days after i was released from the hospital. I didnt need it after as i was fine though i was sore for awhile. It took about 5 werks for me to be able to sleep on my sides again. Gravity just caused so much discomfort, but i'm fine now and feel fabulous

I too only had a few days worth and tossed the rest - I don't like the effects of pain meds. I DID feel generally crappy and my stomach gurgled incessantly for about 2 months afterwards though.

You've gotten a lot of good advice here. But I just feel like adding my 2-cents. For the most part I was off meds within about a week, but I did a lot of walking and getting around as much as possible. If I overdid it, then I would take a pill (and usually a nap). Like so many have, take um when you need um!

You've gotten a lot of good advice here. But I just feel like adding my 2-cents. For the most part I was off meds within about a week' date=' but I did a lot of walking and getting around as much as possible. If I overdid it, then I would take a pill (and usually a nap). Like so many have, take um when you need um![/quote']