Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need Help Or Advice Or Something..please

Hello Everyone,

I am 17 Weeks Post-op and upto the first week of April I was doing great.

A little history...Pre-op I was 335 Pounds. 17 Weeks later I am down to 275..Sounds great But,

I have been stuck between 270 and 280 for 1 month...

On Easter Sunday i hit 270 on the scale... from that point on I have been stuck...

Am I at a plateau?

Will I lose anymore?

I'm concerned enough to make me very crabby... What gives?

I think you will lose more for sure. Seems like everyone hits stalls, some more than others. I stalled pretty much the entire month of April on the scale. I didn't gain anything and I dropped a pant size though so not too frustrated. How many calories are you taking in? You may want to try experimenting with raising your calories a little and see if it kicks your body into losing. If they are low it could be in starvation mode. I raised my calories last week and started losing again. Just something to consider.

I agree with Traceyc, I had surgery on 3/15/2012 and I was dropping lbs. good and then at 6 weeks out I stalled. I was excercising really good, getting my fluids in and I was eating right. When I went for my checkup my doctor advised me that I might not be eating enough calories and that my body may be in starvation mode, so I kicked up my calories about 200 more a day to go with the excercise I am doing and for my metabolism's sake and OMG! I started losing real good again and today, I am down 36 lbs. and 3 dress sizes. So please feed your Metabolism, it's hungry!! :D

3-4 months out I hit a stall for about a month too! I didn't lose anything for 3-4 weeks.... but went on to lose and made goal. Its normal!!! Relax and keep to your program and you will lose more.

Thank you all very much.. I appreciate the support... I guess I need to come clean on a few things.

1. I do not keep track of what I eat and the calories
  2. I have no exercised very much since the surgery.
  3. I feel like I am always eating.
  4. I started Testostrone injections last week.

Why do I feel guilty on 1,2, and 3 ? I'm not eating to where I get sick, I feel I'm just always eating/munching.

Thank you all very much.. I appreciate the support... I guess I need to come clean on a few things.

1. I do not keep track of what I eat and the calories
  2. I have no exercised very much since the surgery.
  3. I feel like I am always eating.
  4. I started Testostrone injections last week.

Why do I feel guilty on 1,2, and 3 ? I'm not eating to where I get sick, I feel I'm just always eating/munching.

I can relate to the first 3 100%.... still made goal.

SOS,

Thank you very much... That makes me feel better...

On a side note..... You look GREAT! What a transformation you have done... Unreal...

Should I still be drinking my Protein shakes? I have stopped because I figured I am eating... But maybe I shouldn't have... Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

i never drank protien shakes, can't stand them!! My diet consists of lot of cheese sticks, steak burrito bowls with black Beans, tuna, and whatever else sounds good actually. I really try to eat high protien but I definately have never done low carb..... I would guess my calories are 1200-1800 per day and have been since 2.5 months out.

I stopped Protein Shakes as soon as I could eat enough to get all my Protein through food. My doctor said that 5 small meals a day is fine if I couldn't get my calories and protein in 3 meals. I do sometimes feel like I am eating all the time! I don't track my cals and protein much anymore. Did it a couple months and now I can estimate pretty well on my own.

...still stuck :wacko: