Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self Pay: Is It All That It Seems?

My friends says to be leary of self-pay prices. That advertised prices such as $12,000 for sleeve do not include everything and could in fact run up to like $50,000. Sounds like she is quoting price that is passed on to insurance companies. If a WLS doctor's website says in writing that $12,000 includes surgeon and anesth. fee, 2 nights hosp, pre and post op visits and a few other things, seems like I could trust what is in writing. Barring complications, has anyone ever been ripped off after being quoted lower self pay amount??

I was self pay. It was 12,000 for surgeon, anethesiologist, out patient surgery center. On top of that there was a 500 fee for nutrition class (what a joke, about 45 min), then 175 for psych eval. After surgery, the leak test and radiologist fee for reading that test came to about 300. All of these fees were printed out on a sheet of paper prior to surgery. I didn't have any fees that I wasn't expecting. There were also labs, but I got my PCP to order them, so my insurance paid for them. Most blood work runs between $65-$95.

My surgery costs were right in line with 5DoxieMom. There were no hidden costs. The paperwork that my surgeon had me sign stated every possible cost. Good luck!

My surgery costs are $10500.00 includes everything except my first visit. There would be a charge for the scope and stress test - but my insurance is paying for that. I was given everything upfront in writing.

Sent from my iPad using VST

My surgery was suppose to be 14,700$ but there had been about 500$ of uncounted cost I've ha to pay above that. Not too happy about that but still think its worth it. I'm sure I would pay over and above that with diet plans and such if I were not to get the surgery so.... Get sleeved may 14 can't wait!!

Mine is $8000 total I requested it in writing. The price is locked in for me but there prices have since went up. My surgery date is Sept 12. Costal baratrics in Conway SC.

Mine is $8000 total I requested it in writing. The price is locked in for me but there prices have since went up. My surgery date is Sept 12. Costal baratrics in Conway SC.

$10,400. Outpatient. Everything covered and in writing. No hidden fees or undisclosed costs.

Denton, Texas for me

Sent from my iPad using VST

Dallas,Tx here, $9550. No hidden fees. All included except for first doctors visit. This price includes one year of follow up visits.

North Bend/Coos Bay, Oregon for me.

Vegas, Baby!