Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Regret Your Sleeve?

Ugh, that first month was such a b***h. I hated it! I couldn't stand pureed foods..they grossed me out. So I stuck to my Protein Shakes until I could get to solid food at 6 weeks and they started grossing me out, too. When I got to solid food, it made me nauseous. All I can say is thank god that's over!

Honestly .... I kinda wished they hadnt taken so much of the stomach out....

it's very embarassing to dine with others ....

I was hoping .... to really just be "normal",....

Embarrassed b/c you eat so little? I've wondered about that too. Do your friends know that you had the procedure?

It's been a while since my last post, but I must say... It's been 14 months, I've lost a total of 112 lbs! My only regret remains the fact that I didn't have it done sooner!

I've exceeded my weight loss goal by 7 lbs without any effort on my part. You have to all hang in there, you will be able to resume a regular diet. I eat whatever I want and do not deprive myself from any cravings. Very thrilled with this life altering/saving procedure. Save a pair of pants from your pre surgery size and put it on every once and a while so that you can really appreciate the transformation. This will put a real perspective on things and erase any possible doubts that you might be having...

i feel that way sometimes. the regret comes and goes but i try to keep the thought out of my mind because i know theres no going back. i am 8 weeks post op, i mostly eat hard boiled eggs for Protein. chicken and fish too, i live on a lot of tuna. getting tired of the same foods though and i really miss bread. i am 60lbs lost so far, keep posting buddy, hang in there

I regretted it week 3 to week 6...it gets easier and gets better. Absolutely best decision & wish I had done it sooner. I also wondered if it was just because I missed chewing lol. Especially when my liquid phase was extended due to some nausea problems

I'm so happy I have completed my surgery everything went 100% for me

I flew home Monday November 19 went to wrk the next morning at 7 am

I started this at 273 I'm only 16 days post surgery and I'm down to 245 that's amazing 28 pounds down

I feel amazing everyday just watching the pounds get used up in my body everyday

Yes eating some Protein now is a bit hard to learn to get that feeling YOUR FULL STOP.

Now I know the feeling and I'm trying to eat Protein every 2 hours in a very small quantity all day.

pudding is tasting great I don't think I can eat any more chicken broth and green Jello

Overall, I love my sleeve. I had surgery on July 10 and am down 55 pounds by my count and 75 by my doctor's. I feel great, look great and have more energy. I definitely have had major changes in eating-- not only in volume but the type of foods. eggs are a major no-no. The moment they touch my stomach, it is all over. Anything that swells, such as rice, is too much. Sugar makes me ill -- immediately. Even if I try to have a small piece of cake or something, I regret it. Can't stand fried stuff. And, frankly, sometimes meat in general grosses me out. Despite it all, I wouldn't change a thing. I feel like I have life now that I am no longer hiding out. And things are only getting better.

New concept discovered on how eating with a sleeve feels...Its like sex, with no happy ending. You feel the sensation, but its hard to be satisfied :blink:

I understand the frustration as I had the same issues. Cooking for my kids while the wife was at work sucked! I tried some cottage cheese a bit to soon.....that was NOT a good idea had to loose it! I'm still in the mushy foods right now and yes I look forward to being able to chew foods!

M almost four weeks out. I've lost almost 40 lbs. love the weight loss side of things but am frustrated about how slow I have to drink and eat foods. It's driving me nuts. Don't know how I can get any real Protein going even when I can finally start to have some fish this Thursday. Am I just frustrated because it's been over a month since I've really chewed anything? Anyone else have this problem and get over it? Any help? Gum is okay but just wanting to bite into a burger or something.

I'm with you here I really missed chewing food. While I'm only 3 weeks out and I am in the "purée" stage, I hate it. I really just wanted a hamburger patty with cheese on it!!! I dreamt about it and everything. So this week I have in and made a meat loaf. I was able to eat a very small portion, felt fine, held it down no pain at all and I was oh so happy! Later on in the week I just made a small amount of ground beef and put some a1 in it before cooking and it gave it as much flavor as I had been missing too!

Just chew it all really well and I think if the meat itself is tender enough I wouldn't think twice about it!

My bad I just noticed this was from last year =\

Don't worry about this my friend. I'm not even 10 weeks out and I just got through grilling some ribeyes, shrimp, ham steak and chicken sausage. Yum yum yum. I ate a very small piece of each, along with 3 shrimp and I'm stuffed. But I got plenty leftover and I love that stuff out of the fridge the next day. You will enjoy food again. Just not as much food.< /p>

How much can you eat now? I am 11days and can not eat 3oz (1oz chese, 2oz turkey) without stopping an coming back to it. I can eat about 2 or the 3oz, it is so depressing.

How much can you eat now? I am 11days and can not eat 3oz (1oz chese, 2oz turkey) without stopping an coming back to it. I can eat about 2 or the 3oz, it is so depressing.

This is a really old post you've resurrected. I'm 18 months post op now and I can eat a normal amount. You know....what a normal person would eat at a normal meal. What I can't do is go apeshit and stuff myself with 3 plates of food. Now I can get down a surprising number of candy bars and donuts unfortunately. But if I eat the right things, I can only eat a normal plate of food. I eat 2000 calories a day and maintain my weight just fine.

I know it is an old post. I was reading it and like most old posts they talk about the struggle, but I like to see how people are now so I ask.

I know it is an old post. I was reading it and like most old posts they talk about the struggle' date=' but I like to see how people are now so I ask.[/quote']

Hey no problem. Happy to answer.