Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hi Shellz, good to hear you are feeling great. I know what you mean about the liquids.I've still got 8 days of liquid but am already planning my first pureed meal. Scrambled eggs and mashed veg are on my mind 24/7 lol.

I went for lunch at coffee Club with hubby today and ordered a pumpkin Soup and small Cappuccino. Anyway 2 sips of my coffee and about 4 tablespoons of my Soup was all i could do that come out in this huge bowl. After the waitress asked if I didn't like the soup or coffee, I requested the soup in a takeaway container as that's dinner for my next week or so!!

Michelle- am also thinking about scrambled eggs and cottage cheese so hopefully next week I can start. and pureed veg and some meat. YUM

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hi Shellz, so happy to hear you are so well. Since we spoke last we've decided to move house. Going to Mum's place at The Gap for a while. Move over the day before the op. In the middle of packing in between working and luckily I have parents and mother-in-laws help. Looking forward to starting prep tomorrow. Will let you knw hw I get on.

Shellz that's so funny and strange at the same time. We eat out all the time and I am going to be a cheap date. I will have to order the smallest thing on the menu

I went for lunch at coffee Club with hubby today and ordered a pumpkin Soup and small Cappuccino. Anyway 2 sips of my coffee and about 4 tablespoons of my soup was all i could do that come out in this huge bowl. After the waitress asked if I didn't like the soup or coffee, I requested the soup in a takeaway container as that's dinner for my next week or so!!

Michelle- am also thinking about scrambled eggs and cottage cheese so hopefully next week I can start. and pureed veg and some meat. YUM

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Sorry havent been back for a while. Catching up on this thread...has gone crazy! Love not being the only Aussie on here :)

At 10 months I still struggle eatting out, finding something that I like and is small enough. I often feed my friends and have a couple that I share meals with. Most restaurants dont seem to care if you eat all the food or not I have noticed.

During mushy/soft food phase I loved egg salad (boiled egg and mayo) and smoked salmon mixed with a bit of soften cream cheese were my favourites.

Good luck to all those upcoming surgery-ers!!

I was a little worried about eating out, but I suppose trying to find the smallest thing is the go.

I have 6 more days of liquids, I am just craving texture, even if it is mushed veggies. I remember all the yummy food I use to make my son when he was on solids, may have to get that cook book out and make some of those.

Hi all - I am already working out my strategy for eating out!

As my husband is trying to drop some kilo's, we are going to share a couple of healthy Entrees. He will obviously be eating the most but at least we can each choose one thing we like without wasting money and food when we go out.

With friends I am going to try and see if at least one person will share an entree with me - all sounds good in theory so will let you all know how it plays out!

I am getting a head of myself here as I still have 7 more days of the liquid diet! Like everyone else that is on the post surgery liquid diet, I can't wait for some scrambled eggs or ricotta cheese and salmon! liquids are going down quite well now - 13 days since my surgery - I am so over the Protein shakes so have gone to skim milk and Vitamin supplement - trying to get my hands on some chewable Iron tablets but they aren't that easy to find!

I am curious about taking tablets after op. is I possible. Or will I have to maybe crush my blood pressure tabs, Multi Vitamins etc.mdo capsules go down more easily?

Hi kelliv

I am taking a liquid Vitamin. I was told to take a soluble panadol for pain or crush the stronger ones - I didn't need them anyway. The nexium ( for stomach acid) I was told to take whole as they had a coating. So it seems to be different depending on the tablet. I would check with your doctor.

I am curious about taking tablets after op. is I possible. Or will I have to maybe crush my blood pressure tabs' date=' multi Vitamins etc.mdo capsules go down more easily?[/quote']

I was taking tablets from day 1. I was actually given painkillers (tablet) form whilst I was in the recovery room. Maybe see what your Dr recommendations are. For any tablet bigger than an m&m, I just split in half. The only tablet I struggle with is the Multivitamin. Its so big, I split it into 3. I probably could swallow it whole, I'm just a little nervous.

Tablets were hard initially. I had chewable Vitamins and also the nexium which i cut in half and was the hardest. Thankfully I did not need any pain killers for pain while I was recovering.

Random fact, since surgery I have barely taken pain killers for anything. Pre-surgery I had constant headaches, joint pain, sporting injuries, basically alot of generalised pain. Since surgery almost nothing, I think I have taken pain medication 3 times in 10 months, and one of those times was due to too much alcohol.

Tablets were hard initially. I had chewable Vitamins and also the nexium which i cut in half and was the hardest. Thankfully I did not need any pain killers for pain while I was recovering.

Random fact' date=' since surgery I have barely taken pain killers for anything. Pre-surgery I had constant headaches, joint pain, sporting injuries, basically alot of generalised pain. Since surgery almost nothing, I think I have taken pain medication 3 times in 10 months, and one of those times was due to too much alcohol.[/quote']

That's so good to hear. Its the same with my asthma. I used to have to take my puffer all the time (3-5 times a day) but have only taken it about 5 times since my surgery 6 days ago. Its great :)

Hi all,

Another one from oz. Am booked in for the 5th September and am totally scared! Mostly scared that it won't work and I'll end up dissapointed again (banded 2005 and removed 2010). But also really scared that I'm not going to lose weight. I see everyone else's before pictures and I feel like I'm twice the size of all of them and it will take at least twice as long to get where their after pictures are! Also pretty scared of a tear.

It's something that i know i need to do for me to live any kind of fulfilling life but it definitely comes with a 'cons' list. Trying to just think of the me that will be here in a year everytime i think of something negative.

This site has helped a lot though. knowing I'm not the only one that's convinced it wont work for me and that is scared makes me feel much better. Especially as I'm too embarrassed to tell anyone of my friends about the surgery and fears etc.

Best of luck with your op and journey!

:)

Hi all,

Another one from oz. Am booked in for the 5th September and am totally scared! Mostly scared that it won't work and I'll end up dissapointed again (banded 2005 and removed 2010). But also really scared that I'm not going to lose weight. I see everyone else's before pictures and I feel like I'm twice the size of all of them and it will take at least twice as long to get where their after pictures are! Also pretty scared of a tear.

It's something that i know i need to do for me to live any kind of fulfilling life but it definitely comes with a 'cons' list. Trying to just think of the me that will be here in a year everytime i think of something negative.

This site has helped a lot though. knowing I'm not the only one that's convinced it wont work for me and that is scared makes me feel much better. Especially as I'm too embarrassed to tell anyone of my friends about the surgery and fears etc.

Best of luck with your op and journey!

:)

It is a tough decision to have to come to but it gives so much hope! Well it did for me...I resisted for so long out of fear, fear of surgery or complications - or so I thought. Really I think I was just afraid of change...I've been so big for so long I have no idea how to imagine life without the burden of my weight. It's so entrenched into who I am that I don't think I have really realised how much my weight has stopped me from doing things in life. I imagine that the post-surgery challenges are going to be finding out these things, trying not to mourn (for too long) the time I've wasted and celebrating the new and exciting challenges before me. I hope that you find the same!

Cheers, Lila

Welcome Susie,

Firstly congrats on your decision, it is a huge step. This page has been really helpful for me too. We are all in the same boat and are going through very similar things. Hope we can help.

Where abouts in Australia are you?

Please feel free to ask me any questions. I am 8 days post surgery, so still a newbie but am happy to help.

Good luck on your journey

Kelly