Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

One day to go before I start prep. Was hoping to have 'last supper' of favourites tomorrow night, but now going to a friends place for a dinner party. Wasn't going to go overboard, but some nice juicy lamb cutlets won't be eaten again for a longtime!

Hey weight' date='

I did have a pre op diet for 2 weeks prior, due to me being so large they ask for it to be done so it can shrink the liver size, makes the operation easier.

I just did shakes for 2 weeks with a little Protein, that's where I lost the other 7 kgs.

Did your surgeon advise you to see a dietitian? They usually give you the diet to follow.

When's your op?[/quote']

i have my dietician appointment in a week and my surgery is 24 august, i was thinking about doing a pre-op diet on my own just to have a headstart, but i dont know if i can do it, i kind of wish my doctor made me do one so it would push me to be more motivated. how many shakes did u have per day?

One day to go before I start prep. Was hoping to have 'last supper' of favourites tomorrow night' date=' but now going to a friends place for a dinner party. Wasn't going to go overboard, but some nice juicy lamb cutlets won't be eaten again for a longtime![/quote']

The night before my preop, I went and got myself a Whopper with cheese meal from Hungry Jacks, upgraded to a large !! The preop diet is tough and I have to be honest and say that there were 2 or 3 days where I did cheat :-( However, I made sure it was a healthy choice like a hard boiled egg or a small tin of tuna. sugar free boiled sweets were my savour when the going got tough. My preop was two liquid meals and one small meal of fish/ chicken and steamed green veg or salad. Just a little update at day 5 post op. I actually feel really good. No pain or nausea (only when I drink too much liquid). I feel happy and very content. I still think about food all the time but the desire to eat is almost non existent. Some of my friends questioned me today as to whether I actually had the op as I wad looking so well. I showed them my war wounds as proof :)

Hi Michelle, that's great you are doing so well. I really prefer this site to some others such as Banding Together which is more about lap bands. Much rather talk to other sleevers. I plan not to cheat, but will look into sugar free lollies.

Hi Michelle' date=' that's great you are doing so well. I really prefer this site to some others such as Banding Together which is more about lap bands. Much rather talk to other sleevers. I plan not to cheat, but will look into sugar free lollies.[/quote']

I didn't intend to either. Its just really hard. I agree about this site. Much more user friendly

My doc said to have lean meat with dinner during prep' date=' but dietician said not to. Bit onfusing[/quote']

That's a little disappointing when you get mixed msgs. The surgeon and dietician should be on the same page when it comes to post and preop diets.

No not much at all. I cant actually see them as the bandaids are glued on top. Dr says they should eventually fall off by my 2week post op appt on August 8th. I have attached a picture of one of them. That's the biggest one where the excess stomach was taken out. The others are half that size.

post-40409-13813670035638_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]4094[/ATTACH]

post-35381-13813659381508_thumb.png

That looks pretty good. I didn't realize they coveted them completely. Though they just used steri strips

Some Dr's may use steri strips? Yeah there is no bruising around them and I usually bruise quite easily.

Hi guys, sorry been quiet for a while as family just arrived back from overseas so spare time has been limited.

Kelliv - best of luck for pre op diet. I too had to do for 2 weeks to shrink my liver but i cheated for a couple of days in the first week. Got through 2nd week without no problems.

Well I am 11 days out and feel great. Looking forward to getting off the fluids though as family has had BbQs over the last couple of days and found the smell a little tough.

Best of luck everyone

Sent from my iPhone using VST