Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Well I survived day one of prep. 3 Optifast shakes, one carrot & a cup of vege stock for pm tea & stir fried veged for dinner followed by diet jelly and frozen berries. Not bad, 13 days to go!! I also paid for my surgery today ($5900) so no going back now!

Hello, fellow Aussie here from Sydney and on day 5 post op, just reading through your thread.

Omg! The burping is driving me insane :( Everytime I drink, its followed by 5 burps. I'm actually worried that I'm drinking to much liquid but when I think about it, I only have say 4 tablespoons of vitamised Soup or an up and go (which last 2 hours). Think I'm just being paranoid .

Thank you Kelli, so far I honestly can say I have felt great, day one and two are hard but by day three I was waiting at the door for my husband to take me home, I'm up and moving well I do get very tired though, my doctor found a hurnia on my diaphrame so he removed that also. The most discomfort I felt was from the gas but after moving around it settled, I still have that gassy feeling when I drink but it's only brief. All in all I can honestly say I have no regrets so far and am really suprised how little pain I have had, most is coming from my diaphragm.

Hi guys. How is everyone feeling? Just a quick update. Day 8 post op. Still feeling great. Not burping as much after drinking, so going to blame yesterdays gas on the metamucil I took.

My diet : Musashi P30 Protein shake, Water, apple juice, V8 veg/citrus juice & thin vitamised broth/soup. Consuming between 1.5-2.0 litres of liquid per day. Daily Protein intake is anywhere between 40-60g.

Weight : Nothing happening in that department. Starting weight 93kilo. I dropped to 89kilo within 4 days of post op and I'm still 89kilo 4 days later. Bit disappointed but I guess its early days.

Exercise : 30-45min daily brisk walk with the dogs plus the usual housework chores.

Incision sites: Don't really know they are there. Very slight stretch every now and then in the main incision site but no pain at all.

Bowels: Major changes there but was too be expected.

Emotions: Feeling great. More energetic and feeling very positive about life. Not craving food as such. I think about my favourite foods all the time and I watch every cooking show but there's no desire to gorge. Even though my cupboards are full of my favourite Snacks (chips &biscuits ) to cater for my 18 yr old son, I no longer have the desire to eat them.

Have a great day :)

OMG auusiegirl what a transformation!!! you look amazing !!!

Thank you so much for your response and it's not tmi - I'd really rather know in advance :) The fewer surprises the better!! I also wanted to say wow, your most recent post with photo's are staggering! Can I ask, how often do you work out now? And do you find you're more motivated because you're losing good weight or does it just get a bit easier cause you don't have to carry around as much excess weight? Thanks, Lila

Hi Lila,

I generally work out once a day, most days a week, but atleast 5 days a week. I always wanted to start my new life the way I wanted to continue in eatting and exercise, and that these are natural parts of my life now.

Exercise does get easier, alot easier the more your loose. I have probably decreased the number of hours I do a week (given I was initially doing 2 sessions) but the intensity is greater now and I still burn the same amount. Dont get me wrong there are days when I am like nope no exercise but they are fewer and further apart, I have also got a good group of people around me who I do sessions with. Fitness buddies help sooo much.

OMG auusiegirl what a transformation!!! you look amazing !!!

Thank you :)

Just an update.... 2 days into pre op regime and I have a persistent headache and am cranky! Trying to keep up my Water as this seems to help. Making yummy mushrooms stuffed with vege for dinner. Seems odd making them without cheese and bread crumbs, but I have flavored them with garlic and chilli so shoud be tasty at least. Will finish with diet jelly and 1/2 cup frozen berries.

Just an update.... 2 days into pre op regime and I have a persistent headache and am cranky! Trying to keep up my Water as this seems to help. Making yummy mushrooms stuffed with vege for dinner. Seems odd making them without cheese and bread crumbs' date=' but I have flavored them with garlic and chilli so shoud be tasty at least. Will finish with diet jelly and 1/2 cup frozen berries.

[/quote']

Hi Kelliv, keep up the great work. Instead of having your one main meal at tea, you could try have it at lunch (around 1-1.30ish). I found this so much easier than waiting all day to eat and resulted in less crankiness :) Easier said than done though. Especially if you have to cook tea for others.

Hi Michelle, good idea. I had a salad for lunch, but forgot to have my shake and was hungry later in the day. My mother-in-law is visiting from North Qld and she cooked braised chicken & potatoes with salad for her and my husband. IT SMELT SOOO GOOD!!! I am pleased to say I resisted the temptation. As long as I supplement my shakes with interesting vege dishes, I should cope OK. I tried the shakes with Water and ice and it does taste better.

Just an update.... 2 days into pre op regime and I have a persistent headache and am cranky! Trying to keep up my Water as this seems to help. Making yummy mushrooms stuffed with vege for dinner. Seems odd making them without cheese and bread crumbs, but I have flavored them with garlic and chilli so shoud be tasty at least. Will finish with diet jelly and 1/2 cup frozen berries.

Keep it up Kelli!

This is actually the hardest part at the moment (in my experience).

One more thing they dont tell you.....being skinny, you freeze!!!!

This winter I am feeling the cold more than I ever remember....its always cold..bring on summer :)