Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I'm from South Australia and finally after waiting 12 mths for my private health insurance to mature, I am scheduled for surgery in Adelaide tomorrow . Nervous but very excited... :)

Thanks petite, great ideas. I find the opti shakes really watery and tasteless. Am I doing something wrong in making them on Water with 200ml? Are you saying they are not suitable to take after the op? At what point to Clear Liquids finish and you can start on shakes do you know? Thanks for your idea if icy poles.Live tat idea.

MichelleDes - congrats on you day, well today. I wish you nothing but a positive and trouble free surgery. Our thoughts are with you and looking forward to the progress reports.

Kelliv - that's great you found out your prices and sleep doctor is a price I would have been really happy with but oh we'll I'm not complaining.

Glad you are getting all prepared, the countdown is on :)

Wow, I am in trouble. In between running two businesses, the place we have been renting has just gone under contract so we have decided not to wait around to move. Instead we are going to be moving 2 days before my surgery on 14 August into my Mum's place. Can't believe we are moving back to live with my patents at 50 years of age! I also start prep on 1August. I will be ready for a rest in hospital if I survive the next 2 weeks!

Bought the Optifast today, was going to introduce it gradually before going full on from the first of September. My doctor has asked for at least 3 weeks, however I was looking at attempting it full time from tomorrow- making a total of 8 weeks before surgery. I seem to have a 'eat everything' mentallity at the moment and am putting on weight so I need to do this. Has anyone done this before and how did they go (I.e. survive) ?

Thanks petite, great ideas. I find the opti shakes really watery and tasteless. Am I doing something wrong in making them on Water with 200ml? Are you saying they are not suitable to take after the op? At what point to clear liquids finish and you can start on shakes do you know? Thanks for your idea if icy poles.Live tat idea.

Sorry for delay, phone not working with VST very well. I like opti blended with ice (and instant Decaf coffee). She said she you get past fluids and onto mushy opti is ok again, but at that point you are supposed to try and get Protein from food not fluids...

Bought the Optifast today, was going to introduce it gradually before going full on from the first of September. My doctor has asked for at least 3 weeks, however I was looking at attempting it full time from tomorrow- making a total of 8 weeks before surgery. I seem to have a 'eat everything' mentallity at the moment and am putting on weight so I need to do this. Has anyone done this before and how did they go (I.e. survive) ?

I have done optimist for 3 months at a time. In an attempt to kick start weightless, so yes it can be done. I wonder though, in these circumstances whether full blown liquid diet is the way to go? Will you go into surgery feeling empowered that you managed this or will you feel neglected and punished? I didn't do just liquid, I used Cappuccino bars as well, yum.

maybe really think about why you want to do this? punishment? proof that you can? kick start weight loss? Once you can isolate your real reason you can sort out if its good for you mentally. The first 2 weeks post op is VERY restrictive, so don't go into it feeling hard done by IYKWIM. Def not saying eat up.. just wondering if there is a moderate line for the next 4 weeks?

I have done optimist for 3 months at a time. In an attempt to kick start weightless' date=' so yes it can be done. I wonder though, in these circumstances whether full blown liquid diet is the way to go? Will you go into surgery feeling empowered that you managed this or will you feel neglected and punished? I didn't do just liquid, I used Cappuccino bars as well, yum.

maybe really think about why you want to do this? punishment? proof that you can? kick start weight loss? Once you can isolate your real reason you can sort out if its good for you mentally. The first 2 weeks post op is VERY restrictive, so don't go into it feeling hard done by IYKWIM. Def not saying eat up.. just wondering if there is a moderate line for the next 4 weeks?[/quote']

Definitely not to punish. I am wanting to prevent further weight gain and bring it down some as well. I am concerned somewhat of not being able to have the surgery because my weight isn't down enough and that my liver is still too fatty. It's more about doing anything not to jeprodise the surgery itself. Plus I am super uncomfortable and nothing fits anymore! I have to work again in a few weeks and uniform doesn't fit....and so on and so forth.

Definitely not to punish. I am wanting to prevent further weight gain and bring it down some as well. I am concerned somewhat of not being able to have the surgery because my weight isn't down enough and that my liver is still too fatty. It's more about doing anything not to jeprodise the surgery itself. Plus I am super uncomfortable and nothing fits anymore! I have to work again in a few weeks and uniform doesn't fit....and so on and so forth.

Then go for it! What have you got to lose but a few kilos?! To do opti for an extended period you really should be under medical supervision and follow the rules in getting your daily veggies in. Do you have someone looking after your bloods? Have you checked out the optimist site? Do you have your gallbladder? Some dieticians recommend a teaspoon of olive oil with veggies just to keep your gallbladder from going crazy...

Then go for it! What have you got to lose but a few kilos?! To do opti for an extended period you really should be under medical supervision and follow the rules in getting your daily veggies in. Do you have someone looking after your bloods? Have you checked out the optimist site? Do you have your gallbladder? Some dieticians recommend a teaspoon of olive oil with veggies just to keep your gallbladder from going crazy...

Thanks for all your advice. Bloods are very good, for a 45BMI, I have managed to impress my surgeon, cardiologist and doctors at what good health I am in - up until 4 months ago I was still running daily and running 5ks with a trainer every 3 weeks, but still putting on weight??? (u can only get away with this for so long in my opinion, and I think I'm pushing the boundaries!) I plan on incorporating the veggies and the oil- absolutely. I think health wise I will be fine, I just not sure on the mentality side of things...

Thanks for all your advice. Bloods are very good, for a 45BMI, I have managed to impress my surgeon, cardiologist and doctors at what good health I am in - up until 4 months ago I was still running daily and running 5ks with a trainer every 3 weeks, but still putting on weight??? (u can only get away with this for so long in my opinion, and I think I'm pushing the boundaries!) I plan on incorporating the veggies and the oil- absolutely. I think health wise I will be fine, I just not sure on the mentality side of things...

My dietician recommended the sleeve for me... I eat well, exercise like mad and STRUGGLE to lose weight and can't seem to hold a maintenance stage.

Where are you located? Sorry if you already said, I have memory issues (called toddler twins)

My dietician recommended the sleeve for me... I eat well' date=' exercise like mad and STRUGGLE to lose weight and can't seem to hold a maintenance stage.

Where are you located? Sorry if you already said, I have memory issues (called toddler twins)[/quote']

I'm on the gold coast. I used to run along Hedges avenue (millionaires row) on a Sunday morning and walk up the headlands and Burliegh, such a beautiful spot there! Where are u located?