Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Thanks @@ausmith my dr says he has never had anyone ask if breastfeeding is possible and said he doesn't think it will be a problem! I have read that it is possible but it will be hard. I am stashing milk like a mad woman however I plan to feed him when my mother brings him to hospital the next day. (Pending anathestist approval) He will be 9 mths when I have surgery so if worst comes to worst he has a couple of months milk supply to use. On another note. Day 2 of opti sux big time.. Feel like crap and keep thinking about everything I cant eat! Don't know how some of you did it for more than 2 weeks!! Oh well only 12 to go!!!

Hang in there around day 4 things will start to get better

Thanks guys!! Was crabby as last night and then woke up at 2am starving and couldn't go back to sleep for ages!

Just got back from dropping the big boys to school and I went to bakery to get some bread! Next door I saw a sign in the empty shop saying"sushi coming soon"!!!

Now not only is sushi my fave food ever but I have always said to my hubby how much I would love a sushi shop down the road. Feel like the universe is flipping me the bird!!! Hahahaha

(Hopefully in a few months I will be able to consume a small plate)

Have a good day guys

Thanks guys!! Was crabby as last night and then woke up at 2am starving and couldn't go back to sleep for ages!

Just got back from dropping the big boys to school and I went to bakery to get some bread! Next door I saw a sign in the empty shop saying"sushi coming soon"!!!

Now not only is sushi my fave food ever but I have always said to my hubby how much I would love a sushi shop down the road. Feel like the universe is flipping me the bird!!! Hahahaha

(Hopefully in a few months I will be able to consume a small plate)

Have a good day guys

I am seven weeks post surgery and I can eat the insides of the sushi lol. My sister bought me my favorite and I just left six wholes in the middle. She just shrugged and ate the rest. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will be able to handle a whole one, the rice is a little heavy right now. So it is great the Sushi bar is opening it is one of the better eat out choices available.

Thanks @@ausmith my dr says he has never had anyone ask if breastfeeding is possible and said he doesn't think it will be a problem! I have read that it is possible but it will be hard. I am stashing milk like a mad woman however I plan to feed him when my mother brings him to hospital the next day. (Pending anathestist approval) He will be 9 mths when I have surgery so if worst comes to worst he has a couple of months milk supply to use. On another note. Day 2 of opti sux big time.. Feel like crap and keep thinking about everything I cant eat! Don't know how some of you did it for more than 2 weeks!! Oh well only 12 to go!!!

Yes - I did the prep diet for nearly 4 weeks - it was hell but I just kept my eye on the prize and crossed each day off the calendar. The great thing is after the op at least you don't have the hunger and food starts to mean something different - just fuel. That doesn't last as hunger eventually returns ( although not nearly as intense and easily satisfied) and now nearly 2 years later I can eat anything and still love my food - even sushi!

Sue you are unreal!!! Read the whole thread and feel like I know you already:)

Yay there is still hope for sushi!!

Actually today was really good! No where near as hungry and not even cranky. Tomorrow will be even better:)

Has anyone heard from Lissa S and Kellie lately ? I miss reading their updates and Aussiegirl as well.

Edited by ausmith

Hi everyone, Just a quick question. What, if any, side effects did you have after surgery? I have heard hair loss/thinning is very common. How many of you experienced this? And how long did it last? TIA :)

Yes to the hair loss. It lasted about 7 months for me.

I still have trouble with rice and can only eat two slices of sliced sushi rolls or maybe half an unsliced roll. I love sashimi though!

Hey guys,

Day 4 on opti and I am wishing it was day 13!! Feel like I am surrounded by fog. Not too hungry just so lethargic and have a memory of a gold fish! Actually can't wait for the op just to get off opti.

I was so terrified of the op itself. Freaked out at the thought of going under. But now I say bring it on.

Tomoz might be a struggle as we are going out for a mothers day picnic with all the family. Gonna be so strange not being able to eat all the yummys. But on the positive side I have lost 3 kgs already.

Happy Mother's Day to all you awesome mummy's out there:)

Dal

I'm an Aussie too living in Brisbane and have my surgery booked for 30 May pending release of some super - keeping everything crossed cause I only need 4500. I have been on the Australian sleevers forum but find it very frustrating to navigate so I come on here. The banding together forum also has a sleeve section now since there are quite a few band to sleeve convertors. Let us know how you get on

Hi. I live on the Gold Coast. My surgery is booked for May 21st. Today is my 4th day of the pre-op eating regime. Where are you having your surgery? I'm having mine at the Wesley Hospital and Dr Adib is doing it

Hey ozikiwi,

I am having my sleeve on the 21st too at Alamanda on the GC..

We are sleeve twins:)

Edited by kadybug

Hey ozikiwi, <br> I am having my sleeve on the 21st too at Alamanda on the GC..<br> We are sleeve twins:)

That's awesome! I live on the Coast but my surgeon operates at Wesley in Brissy. So I guess you must be on the 4th day of your presurgery regime too. How are you finding it?

@@Ozikiwi I am counting down the days!!!! The hunger hasn't been too bad but I just feel yuk!

My hubby decided to make caramel popcorn with the boys tonight and I could have strangled him.. It smelt sooo amazing.

How are you coping with it? I am really nervous about the op and going under as I have never had surgery before, but other than that I am so ready! :)

@@Ozikiwi I am counting down the days!!!! The hunger hasn't been too bad but I just feel yuk!<br> My hubby decided to make caramel popcorn with the boys tonight and I could have strangled him.. It smelt sooo amazing.<br> How are you coping with it? I am really nervous about the op and going under as I have never had surgery before, but other than that I am so ready! :)

I'm a bit nervous about the anaesthetic. My husband had pizza last night. It's not even a food I crave BUT it smelt delicious! So I know what you mean.