Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hey guys. As u know my op is scheduled for Monday arvo. I have woken up thus morning with a massive headache. Am I able to take nurofen plus???

I think you can take anything but aspirin.

I'm home! Slept so well last night.

The "bad news" is that I think I will show a gain this week because my scale doesn't agree with the one I used overseas. It will still be a net loss and I'm not getting caught up with the numbers. I'm also probably recovering from being sick. Regardless, I'm happy to be home where I can control my food better and I'm so happy to be off work tomorrow!

I will be joining the gym so I can start Couch to 5k this week! I won't do it outside because I have such a bad right ankle. I think AussieLady is also starting this week.

Hey guys. As u know my op is scheduled for Monday arvo. I have woken up thus morning with a massive headache. Am I able to take nurofen plus???

I was told that panadol or panadeine is absolutely fine as I need them daily for my arthritis pain.I stopped my meds the day before the op to make sure nothing was in my tummy.Sorry for the late reply-first Sat back at work.I hope you feel much better today.

Thanks guys. I ended up taking them and its started to take the edge off. (Thank God!) I will make sure I tell the surgeon just in case. Thanks for the advice.

I was told that panadol or panadeine is absolutely fine as I need them daily for my arthritis pain.I stopped my meds the day before the op to make sure nothing was in my tummy.Sorry for the late reply-first Sat back at work.I hope you feel much better today.

Hope ur having a great day at work :) how long did u take off and what r ur energy levels like? I'm a little concerned about going back to work!!

I only really had the three nights I was in hospital and was back at my desk after that, but I do work from home. Taking the first week off while on fluids is more convenient for most people but you are unlikely to actually feel unwell. Hope this helps

I only really had the three nights I was in hospital and was back at my desk after that' date=' but I do work from home. Taking the first week off while on fluids is more convenient for most people but you are unlikely to actually feel unwell. Hope this helps[/quote']

Thanks Kelliv. I have taken 4 weeks off so I should b fine, but still worry about having enough energy for a full day. I have a desk job, but work in a very stressful environment which is very mentally challenging every day. I'm sure that I'm worrying over nothing!

Country cheese Crab Cakes

1 large can crab meat

8 Arnotts Country cheese crackers, crushed finely

1 egg

8 grams each celery, zucchini, onion, chopped very fine

1/2 green onion, chopped fine

Drain the crab, retain the juice.

Beat the egg. Add crab, veggies, and crackers. Mix well. If dry, add a drizzle of the juice from the crab. Ads a pinch of salt and pepper.

Heat a skillet and coat with oil. Form the cakes (I got 7) and fry, being careful they don't burn. Rest on a paper towel for a moment before serving.

A serving of 2 cakes has 9 grams Protein, 5 grams fat, 6 grams carbs, and 111 calories.

Appropriate for soft foods and beyond. You could use tuna or salmon instead.

Hi Everyone

Just a quick question. I read about stalls on the forum all the time but I wasn't expecting to have one so soon. I lost 2kg pre surgery and 8kg over the 10 days following surgery. I'm now three weeks out and I haven't lost anything over the past 11 days. I'm obviously still eating very little and trying to get my fluids in each day. I only seem to be able to average 1.3 litres each day at the moment (all I can get in). Has anyone else experienced this post-surgery? Is it normal?

Thanks Kelliv. I have taken 4 weeks off so I should b fine' date=' but still worry about having enough energy for a full day. I have a desk job, but work in a very stressful environment which is very mentally challenging every day. I'm sure that I'm worrying over nothing![/quote']

You'll be fighting fit after four weeks holiday and I guarantee your energy levels will be great by the time you go back to work. All the best for your op.

Hi Everyone

Just a quick question. I read about stalls on the forum all the time but I wasn't expecting to have one so soon. I lost 2kg pre surgery and 8kg over the 10 days following surgery. I'm now three weeks out and I haven't lost anything over the past 11 days. I'm obviously still eating very little and trying to get my fluids in each day. I only seem to be able to average 1.3 litres each day at the moment (all I can get in). Has anyone else experienced this post-surgery? Is it normal?

Hi yes it is very common. Your body is adjusting and 3 weeks out seems to be the magic number. I started stalling then and have done so periodically throughout the past 11 months. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will see it coming down in it's own time. Have faith!

Hi Everyone

I agree with Kelli- it seems to be totally normal. I even managed to gain weight in the first 10 weeks at one point- and I was in hospital on TPN (so nothing to eat or drink) for the entire time!! So it's not that you're doing anything wrong. It's just your body adjusting!

My best advice is to stop weighing for a little while, like a week or two :) if you're following the plan then you will lose and you will stress less if you weigh less- this means you're producing less cortisol which means you're body will be working more effectively and will actually help with weight loss :)

Cheers Liss

Hope ur having a great day at work :) how long did u take off and what r ur energy levels like? I'm a little concerned about going back to work!!

I had two weeks off work, but still looked after the kids, and started puree the first day back.I am on my feet and in a frantic responsible job.The sleeve part was fine-no tummy pain-and I snacked on greek yoghurt, puree apple,puree chicken and vege casserole and sipped Water in between.I will admit I felt wobbly but I had just got over a chest infection and had just finished the fluids.Plus I kept forgetting to eat :)

So you will be absolutely *fine* after 4 weeks away!Enjoy your time off and you will be surprised how quickly you get into a work-life rhythm again once something (semi-solid) hits yr tummy.All the very best for tomorrow.Hugs.

Hi Everyone

Everyone stalls at 3 weeks. It is actually a bit of a cliche. You will be amazed if you search "3 week stall". Don't freak out. It will pass.