Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Gang - my doctor has not put me on a pre-op diet at all - but after reading posts and having a friend that had the bypass surgery - my husband and i both decided that I will start one as well. I can see real benefits to it. So I guess I will do the liquid diet - that way I will be used to it after my surgery as well. Can anyone tell me what all your pre-op diets consist of?

Sent from my iPad using VST

my pre-op diet will consist of two Protein shakes, a ton of Water, and a small sensible meal. I have to put the meal in the middle since I work outside and there is no place to make a shake or keep it cold if i were to make it at home.

I am not looking forward to it... but it has to be done!!! Another member posted a picture of her diet instructions. I hope she chimes in. If not, I saved her picture to my computer and plan to use it as a guide as well

My doctor didn't put me on any pre-op diet either. Just the day before surgery I was told to only drink liquids. I preferred it that way because even just the ONE day I had to be on a liquid diet before surgery it was HORRIBLE!!! LOL

You know what is best for you, but in all honesty, your not going to want to eat anything after surgery, so why torture yourself for a week before surgery? Thats just my opinion :)

My pre-op consist of 3 Protein Shakes, sf Jello, chicken broth, sf popsicles, and 1 lean cuisine or weight watchers a day. Oh and plenty of Water and crystal light.

I like Dr. Pronce's diet. He puts you on a three day yogurt diet.

I will tell you one think thou! I don't know were I'm going yet but I will have a final meal and it's going to be BIG!

As you can see already, every doctor is different. My doctor has 2 options - one for fatty livers & one for non-fatty livers. The calorie goal is the same for both - 650 calories, with at least 70 grams of Protein, less than 60 grams of carbs & around 10 grams of fat. For the non-fatty liver people, it's okay to have regular food if you stay within those guidelines. For the fatty liver people, it's all Protein shakes, sugar-free Jell-O, broth, and Crystal Light. For both kinds it is for 14 days before surgery. For Protein drinks, they suggest looking for anything with at least 15 grams of Protein per 8 ounce serving, less than 20 grams of total carbohydrates per 8 ounce serving, and less than 5 grams of fat per 8 ounce serving.

I'm on Day 6 of my pre-op diet now & although I'm tolerating it okay, it's not any fun. I'm not sure that I'd do it if my doctor didn't require it! Good luck with whatever you decide to do!!

LOL @Candyman..I was thinking the SAME THING!! LOL

Anyways, I am on a two week Pre-op Diet of Opti-Fast! The diet includes four shakes, a Protein Bar, and Soups. So far,its ok and not bad tasting at all. I have also been eating salads...I am not suppose to but since I am working out an hour in the gym and only like one Soup flavor, I have justfied it!

I will tell you one think thou! I don't know were I'm going yet but I will have a final meal and it's going to be BIG!

Amen to that. Mine will be a meal at one of my favorite places...Famous Daves!!! And it will be happening in 6 days!!! Can't wait to pig out!!

Lol - love everyone's last favorites. Mine was last night - Palios pizza and a salad!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Mine was Protein Shakes, greek yogurt for a total of 60 grams Protein, 4 ounces of juice, 8-12 ounce of broth, unlimited sugar free Jello and popsicles. This worked very well for me in 3 weeks lost 22 pounds.

I started my pre op liquid diet today and have a schedule the NUT gave me that is making things much easier for me. I can email a copy if u like. Please msg me or post ur email address and I will be more than happy to send u what I have!

Nicki- LOVE your pug!! Adorable

Sent from my iPad using VST

Tibbi, Thank you she is a good one and knows she cannot crawl up on mommies tummy. She and the others all 6 know that mommie is not well right now and are protecting me.