Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Fremont Kaiser Pre-Op People?

*raises hand*

I've been in the pre-op process for awhile (took a 6 month break to figure it allll out) and am back in action and in it to win it ;)

Oh, I'm in Tracy too.

Im also in the central valley, Newman to be specific. I have my referral to Kaiser Fremont for my surgery. I started the process last Oct, had my orientation last Jan, took my name off the eligibility list because I became overwhelmed and needed time and space. I requested, and received, my second referral earlier this week and have to redo the orientation. I am scheduled for the Aug 26th orientation class. Any recommendations on Surgeons? HOw is your journey going? I'm looking forward to following the other Kaiser Fremont patients. :)

Im also in the central valley' date=' Newman to be specific. I have my referral to Kaiser Fremont for my surgery. I started the process last Oct, had my orientation last Jan, took my name off the eligibility list because I became overwhelmed and needed time and space. I requested, and received, my second referral earlier this week and have to redo the orientation. I am scheduled for the Aug 26th orientation class. Any recommendations on Surgeons? HOw is your journey going? I'm looking forward to following the other Kaiser Fremont patients. :)[/quote']

Hello! I have meet with Dr. Hanh but I'm still working on the 10% weight loss! I heard good things about the other Drs too :). Dr. Hanh has the longest waiting list. I go to the support meetings at Kaiser.

Nice to meet you, Nancygm.

o you think she has the longest list because she does the overview class? Which Kaiser do you go to meetings at?

Hello! I go to the Fremont one. The meetings are every 2 & 4 Friday at 6pm. I meet with him once and it was good. I think/hope that he has a long wait because he is such a good Dr. I heard good things about the other Drs to. I think there is only one woman Dr. Chu? I think that's her name.

Dr Chu is who spoke to our class. And she is also the one everyone was lining up afterward to schedule their appt with. I must've skimmed over the Dr's name when I read your post and just put my own face to it. It will be intersting to see who will be at the class on the 26th. LOL

I have my consult with Dr Dutta on Sept 12th. I was surprised how different this class was from the last time. I found the last class more informative in regards to what to expect, this class was more about the why's and why nots of surgery.

Which doctor gave the class? The next appointment is the longer one. Good Luck. I have my psych evulation this week.

Dr Dennan gave the class this time. I've heard from other patients that they had to take an options classes. That was not mentioned at either of the Orientations I attended. Did you/do you know anything about them?

It seems to be an L.A. thing. We don't have that. Let's talk you can email me at Nancygm@aol.com.

I sent you an email Nancy :)

About how long was it between your doc (in my case, Dr. Dennen) getting your chart, once you reached your goal weight, and you actually getting a call back to schedule your surgery date? From there, about how long before your surgery date?

About how long was it between your doc (in my case' date=' Dr. Dennen) getting your chart, once you reached your goal weight, and you actually getting a call back to schedule your surgery date? From there, about how long before your surgery date?[/quote']

It depends. I had Dr. Hahn and I waited 12 weeks but I heard other doctors are 4-6 weeks. I have heard of Dr. Dennen but not much. Dr. Hahn, Dr. Chu and Dr. Dutta are the only ones I know.