Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my sleeve set for June 11th... I have 2 pre-op test still. Galbladder ultra sound and someother test I cant spell right now lol ( scope down my throat) . Then I have a 5 day pre-op diet... With all the stuff I have left to do its gonna get here before I know it. Cant wait to be on the losers bench!

Congrats! My surgery is this coming Monday, May 7th and I am very excited!

Congrats! My surgery is this coming Monday' date=' May 7th and I am very excited![/quote']

Hi Vicki147. I just heard from Swedish Hospital in Seattle that Medicare has approved my weight loss surgery. Asked my primary care doctor to submit a letter of referral & I have to come up with a list of previous attempts at weight loss. Don't know how I'm going to do that. So, I'm on my way!

List of previously tried diets can be quite easy. For instance: weight watchers, Lindora, Jenny Craig, etc. I am glad that on this site to do some research and gather info about what your journey will be like. This is an awesome site with a lot of wonderful caring people. Welcome! ;)

Love how you post in the Mens Room and get mostly female answers? :)

Upper GI endoscopy is probably the test. (The tool is an endoscope, the procedure is endoscopy, and upper GI is where they're going.) You'll most likely be in twilight sleep for it, and completely unaware - or maybe slightly aware. I can remember being wheeled into the room. I remember them telling me "We're going to stick this in your mouth" and it looking like a big beige Tylenol with a hole in it (they thread the camera through it), but I don't remember it going in my mouth. I also remember them telling me they were going to spray the stuff that numbs the throat (limits gag reflex) but I don't remember tasting it or anything. I just remember these things as snapshots after the fact. It's truly no where near as horrible as I expected it to be.

Usually insurance companies are wanting "documented" weightloss attempts (e.g. those mentioned before, for which you would have a receipt, or log, or weigh-ins, or could somehow verify you really did it). But not always. Write down anything you can think of: what you did, what you lost, etc. In my documentation for my first bariatric surgery (lapband) I included a crazy, but successful diet I did ~1995 where I ate whatever I wanted but no more than 10gm of fat a day. I also documented my Atkins diet attempt, for which I printed out logs I'd kept on an Atkind diet messageboard.

DcMak72 - it indeed will be here like *that*. Use the time to get your preparations done - find a few Protein powders you like, start making the behavioral changes you'll need post-op (e.g. chewing everything to goo - breaking bad chewing behaviors is harder than it seems it would be), if you don't yet start ensuring you're taking in 64 oz of Water a day, at least -- if you're going high Protein use 64 oz as your base, and add 8 oz for every 25 lbs of weight you need to lose. I had to wait about 6 mos between my band removal and my sleeve (insurance fiasco), and about 1.5 mos between being scheduled and surgery date. At the time it seemed impossibly long, but overall it flew by.

Best of luck!