Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When I had my surgery 5 months ago th e doctor said I had lots of gallstones and he wanted to do surgery after I lost 150#. I have never had problems from the gallstones-that I know of.

Today I started having pain in the upper left side of my abdomin-towards the middle. There is slight nausea. the pain is not excruciating-but it is constant and bothersome. Could this be gallstones? or maybe gas?

I had an angiogram and they said my heart was great so I don't think it's that.

It started before my first meal today-so it's not from eating too much or too fast. I ate a small amount and it didn't affect it one way or another.

It's Friday afternoon here so I hate to bother my doctor or surgeon at home if it's nothing.

Any ideas or suggestions?

It sounds like it very well could be. I had to have my gallbladder removed years ago after I had my last child and lost weight quickly afterward. Weight loss aggrivates gallstones. I had definate episodic pain that made me run to the bathroom in pain, severe painful episodes. Fat in the diet sets it off as well as spicy foods because of bile stored in the gallbladder needed for digestion. Go to urgent care if its bad pain and they will do an ultrasound. The pain comes when the stone gets in the ducts.

My daughter just came over. She said the pain was no where near my gallbladder and suggested I take some Gas-X. If that doesn't help I'll call the doctor even if it is Friday night!

If that doesn't help then please call you doctor! It's not worth being in pain and fearful there's something really wrong. ;) Let us know how your doing.

yea the gallbladder is on your right side on the big part of the liver..not left

I'm gonna chime in due to a recent gallbladder situation. I had constant nausea and my pain was toward the middle as well, but it radiated. When I had my first gallbladder attack, I just felt off. Nothing specific. I thought I had ate something I shouldn't have. I had stones before my surgery and it got worse after. I went to the ER and eventually I ended up having a second surgery 6 weeks after the sleeve. Please get checked and an ultrasound to make sure the stones haven't moved or increased in number.

GL to you!

Gallbladder pain radiates on the right side under and above the ribcage and also radiates to the back between the shoulder blades. That is how mine was diagnosed, classic pain pattern verified by ultrasound. You already know you have gallstones, so there is a high probability they are blocking the bile ducts. But yes, see how you feel...if it continues, just go on in and have it checked out.

How are you doing?!

Sent from my iPhone using VST