Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Days Post Op And Tired Of Clears!

How long do you have to be on clears? They really need to standardize the diet. I was on full liquids the day after... some ppl are on mushies on the third day!

Crystal Light

Apple Juice/water mix

sugar free Jello

sugar free Popciles

broth

Isopure Protein Drink

The diet plan sheet I got give you these options:

skim milk

v-8 juice

low fat blenderized / strained Soups

fat free sugar free yogurt plain without fruit

fat free pudding

thinned cream of wheat or oatmeal

Protein powder or non fat dry milk powder may be added to Soups and cereals to meet Protein needs

Hope this helps to add some variety

I'm sorry if this sounds mean.. not my intention... but...... Like the rest of us, you were sick of being overweight and unhealthy so you opted to have the surgery. Make the commitment and FOLLOW YOUR DIET!! I am 10 days post op and I was on clears for 4 days then to full liquids such shakes, drinkable yogurt, cream Soups (no chunks) etc....) I am STILL on this stage and will be until 3 weeks post op. Maybe I'm so gung ho about following my diet because I was a self pay and I refuse to let my hard earned money be wasted.. I dunno. This is a mental journey just as it is physical! I have a calendar that my surgeon provided that tells me every day what stage of food I can eat. How long did your surgeon tell you that you needed to be on clears?? If anything, reach out to your surgeon and ask if you can add shakes or soups but follow your Dr's orders. You just had 75-80% of your stomach removed!! It has to have time to heal. The last thing you want to do is eat something you shouldn't be eating.

Good Luck!

I did clears for over 29 days, due to various complications that I unfortunately had. :) So I don't wanna hear no complaining peops! lol ... just kidding!

I hated broth... so I did other stuff. One of my favorite clears is Cytomax Pure Protein Performance drink, which is undergoing a marketing revamp and will be called Cytomax whey Protein or whey isolate. I buy it from Vitamin Shoppe, 40 g of protein per drink, I like tangerine or tropical and they are 3.79 a bottle or 42 a case.

I love the blue bunny bullet popsicles, cherry pomegrante crystal light and whenever I got realllllly bored with clears, I did vanilla Bean Torte. nectar Syntax is good protein but I mix it with milk mostly, so that's not gonna help (you can mix with Water if you are bored and you can buy 13 for $13 on bj's bariatrics in trial packages). Unjury's chicken Soup is good. At the hospital, they had pink lemonade sf Jello, go get some various ones and mix those up.

Just remember, this too shall pass. But you should follow whatever your dr's orders are on diet as they have reason that they give those the way that they believe.

Most people are on full liquids, not clears, very shortly after surgery, complications notwithstanding. There is no consistency in the medical field about diets and some surgeons took lessons in nutrition from the Marquis de Sade. I can't give you medical advice but I can tell you I probably wouldn't stay on an extended clear diet unless there was a medical reason for it. My doctor gave me a diet to follow, too, but he's okay if I deviate as long as I do it intelligently and not at the expense of my sleeve. Call your doctor and tell him what YOU want. Good luck!

Remember it is only for a short time and it will benefit you and your surgery there is a new you coming and you will be happy

Good Luck!

I'm sorry if this sounds mean.. not my intention... but...... Like the rest of us' date=' you were sick of being overweight and unhealthy so you opted to have the surgery. Make the commitment and FOLLOW YOUR DIET!! I am 10 days post op and I was on clears for 4 days then to full liquids such shakes, drinkable yogurt, cream Soups (no chunks) etc....) I am STILL on this stage and will be until 3 weeks post op. Maybe I'm so gung ho about following my diet because I was a self pay and I refuse to let my hard earned money be wasted.. I dunno. This is a mental journey just as it is physical! I have a calendar that my surgeon provided that tells me every day what stage of food I can eat. How long did your surgeon tell you that you needed to be on clears?? If anything, reach out to your surgeon and ask if you can add shakes or soups but follow your Dr's orders. You just had 75-80% of your stomach removed!! It has to have time to heal. The last thing you want to do is eat something you shouldn't be eating.

Good Luck![/quote']

Ouch! Yeah, still on clears on day 5 and I am committed to this! Monday will come and I get something mushy....and different. Clears just provides little variety. Chin up!

I was on clears for two weeks as part of my doctor's standard regimen. I know it's tough, believe me. I was so sick of broth, Gatorade, and SF Jello by the end of it! I tried to spice it up with SF popsicles and watered down apple and white grape juice. You can also have cranberry juice but I can't stand the stuff.

Hang in there. This will pass.

I'm one day post op, finally got rid of the gas in my left upper back and shoulder, now in my upper chest and throat....burping...unable to eat very much....going to try some Jello soon.

Keep with it, it is an investment in your future....

This is the thing that has me the most nervous. My doc has set the standard of 2 weeks of clears, 2 weeks of full liquids, 2 weeks puree foods, then "normal". This has me more nervous than the actual surgery. I know it sounds strange and I think it's corny, but it's got me nervous. I'm just starting my journey and have 45 more pounds to lose before I hit our goal weight for surgery. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing over the next few months.

How long do you have to be on clears? They really need to standardize the diet. I was on full liquids the day after... some ppl are on mushies on the third day!

Crystal Light

Apple Juice/water mix

sugar free Jello

sugar free Popciles

broth

Isopure Protein Drink

Hi Jeni,

I am 10 days post op and on day 5 I was having a hard time getting in my Water and Protein. I got on here and reading how some people are eating mushies 3 days after and so on. I tried 3 bites of a mushie food and was sick the rest of the night and part of the next day. Then scared myself silly that I may have hurt my staple line. I am on the straight and narrow and listening to my Doctors orders. I am on full liquids now. Good luck and hang in there. You can do this.

This is the thing that has me the most nervous. My doc has set the standard of 2 weeks of clears, 2 weeks of full liquids, 2 weeks puree foods, then "normal". This has me more nervous than the actual surgery. I know it sounds strange and I think it's corny, but it's got me nervous. I'm just starting my journey and have 45 more pounds to lose before I hit our goal weight for surgery. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing over the next few months.

That was my regiment as well. It is a bit rough, especially the long stretch of Clear Liquids, but you'll get through it. It also makes eating solid foods all that more enjoyable. :)