Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 Weeks Post-Op Success

I had surgery 12 weeks ago. Prior to and soon after surgery I read many posts about people a few months out and most everyone said the sleeve was the best decision they had ever made. I was so hopeful but at the same time fearful that I wouldn’t have such a successful journey. I am happy to say that I feel the exact same way as they described!!! I never thought it would be possible to feel this much better both physically and emotionally in such a short time. I have lost 47 lbs. (stalled for a week now) and down 30.5 inches! I was in a tight 20W three months ago. Now I am comfortably in a size 16.

I have an NSV to share that some of the ladies may be able to relate. I have always gotten regular pedicures. But I have been doing my own pedicures recently. Not so much because it is less expensive…but because I can actually bend over and paint my toes without turning blue!! I am so amazed at my journey so far and looking forward to a lifetime of better living thanks to my sleeve.

Wow girl. I hope to be as successful as you are.

I can relate. I have a silly (to everyone but me) NSV...I can put my own socks on for the first time in 3 yrs... I have to date this morning lost 60# I will be 8 weeks on Monday

Yaay to you both! I will be 12 weeks out May 9th so I am 10 weeks now and I am down 39 lbs since surgery , 54 since the middle of January. I am at a stall right now, I cant seem to get below the darn 200, I cant wait! I feel the same too, I can bend over and tie my shoes without turning blue...lol! Best of luck to you both and keep up the great work! :lol:

whoo hoo!

Ladies - Congrats on the awesome scale and non scale victories!! :)

I'm so happy for you. The little NSV's are awesome, aren't they?

I had surgery the week before you and as far as weight lost and size lost we are fairly close, I'm down 42 lbs since 1/23. I love going through my clothes I saved ("because I won't be fat forever" is what I would tell myself). My 16's are getting loose and some 14's now fit.

I too feel amazing, energy and confidence is way up! Everyday, I LOVE my sleeve. There are days that I feel like I will 'pig out', but after a few bites, my sleeve tells me I am done. Thank you, sleeve.

DEBSII, we do seem to be running at about the same numbers. I have that same stash of "someday I will fit into these again" clothes. It has been funny though how a lot of the stuff I have held onto for so many years, I have looked at it and laugh because it is so out of date - out of style so I wouldn't wear it if I could. So my closet is quickly getting cleaned out and what a great feeling it is!

Congrats! That's awesome. I'm almost 12 wks out too. I'm so excited to be in the 170's and be just normal overweight instead of obese.

I totally get it! I painted my toes recently for the first time in ages and it was almost fun! =) Great job!

I'm also giving away a lot of clothes. As I was gaining weight, I felt hopelessly fat & ugly so wore cheap clothes. Now that I am losing, the size that felt hopeless, now feels terrific, so I want to look good, and care how I dress.

Wow you guys are all doing great!