Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4wks postop and im pretty sure I am coming down with strep throat. Is it gonna be ok for me to take antibiotics in pill form?

I would say so. I am only 13 days out and I have been taking antibiotics for five days due to to a tooth infection. The worst part is how bad it tastes. Maybe you can ask for yours in liquid form so it doesn't taste ass bad. Hope you feel better soon. And, if you're still concerned, call your surgeon. :)

I had a sinus infection at 7 days post op and was given antibiotics. I did not have any problems taking the pills.< /p>

My surgeon has me on antibx because I have bacteria in my stomach. I also have to take one antbx pill the day before my surgery. However, I agree check with your surgeon.

I had to take some antibiotics that were horse pills early post-op. I just broke them in half and went on my merry little way. :)

Am I the only one who still uses the pill crusher almost 8 weeks post-op ?

Zeus, I never used a pill crusher, but I did wait until nearly 7 months out to stop taking chewable vitamins and switch to ones I can swallow.

Am I the only one who still uses the pill crusher almost 8 weeks post-op ?

I still use a pill crusher. I can not STAND the taste of chewable Vitamins. I crush it shwallow quickly with a swig of Water. nasty !!!

Zeus, I never used a pill crusher, but I did wait until nearly 7 months out to stop taking chewable Vitamins and switch to ones I can swallow.

my MD said I have to use chewable the est of my life. I questioned him several times about this since I hate the taste so much. Is there anyone else out there that doesnt have to take chewable vitamins

I take gummies... I purchased 3 kinds of chewables and I can't!!! I'd rather eat... well, I can't even think of anything that's worse!!!!!

I LOVE the gummy vitamins. I also take calcium citrate in Gummy form. Feels like I'm eating candy ( which is mostly true)-- Vitamins in a candy base.

I don't crush all my pills. I do crush the really big ones like the gallbladder one and my metformin....AKA my horse pills. My doctor told me I could take anything the size of a "tic tac". I do know that over time, I will be able to swallow the meds whole, but I am not there yet. The first time I took a a very small bill, it REALLY hurt, but two weeks out, it doesn't hurt any more. I think it depends on your swelling the speed of recovery. My sister who had the bypass takes full size meds now and has since around month 7 or 8. So, crushing won't last forever. :)

Here's my experience - at the very start, I had to crush pills that I was still on (BP, ect) Within a few weeks, didn't need any of them BUT I take a small dose Anti-depressant (menopause - no hormones!!! get the idea!!!!) MAKE SURE YOU DRINK A LOT OF Fluid WHEN TAKING ANY PILLS! Trust me - I have learned the hard way. You think it's down with a small amount of fluid and you WILL regret it! Spent half the night one night TRYING to throw up to get the half dissolved (very gross!!!) pill out of my small pouch/throat/something on VACAY! A couple of times since then I hae experienced the same sensation - this is at night when I would take, swallow a couple drinks of Water and then go to bed! NADA! As to Vitamins, what are those? :unsure: I'm bad! Took for a while - can't stomach them and haven't in a few months. Going to do bloodwork soon so I will see if I am off track or not. Hope that helps. Antibiotics are fine but make sure you drink, drink, drink .