Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Does It Take To Get Back Across The Border?

I'm trying to book my flight and need to know how long it takes to get back across the border and to the airport?? Would a 11:45am flight be too early? My contact person at alighterme just gives me "that will be fine". I would like a little more information than that, so I am not worried about missing my flight. :(

I have heard that they always bring you early enough for your flight. The traffic there varies according to the time of day, direction traveled day and such. Call the doctors office they should be able to give you a better stimate

Our return flight leaves at 1040 am. My coordinator told me not to book anything before 10 am. I am sure they will get you back across the border in time for your flight!

My flight leaves at 11.15am... I was also told just not to book anything earlier than 10am, so your flight should be fine!

I had a friend that got stuck in a very, very long vehicle line trying to get back across the border at Tijuana - they ended up getting out of the van and using the pedestrian lane, then taking a cab to the airport so she could make her flight on time.

God forbid that should happen to you...but where there's a will, there's a way!

It took us around 30 minutes and we left the hotel around 10am. The driver has a pass that lets him into a special lane and you by-pass the regular traffic going into the US. That's when you show your passport.

My coordinator told me previously that sometimes it takes 3 hours to cross. Now today she said the driver will pick me up at 8:30 or 9:00. I don't fly much, but I thought you had to be at the airport 1 hour before your flight?

Yes you should be there one hour before your flight for national flights and two for international. But that is to make sure you get thru security and all that on time.

My coordinator told me previously that sometimes it takes 3 hours to cross. Now today she said the driver will pick me up at 8:30 or 9:00. I don't fly much, but I thought you had to be at the airport 1 hour before your flight?

I would think that should give you enough time for a flight that leaves at 11.45am, but yes, you do have to be there 1 hour before your flight for security etc.

Our driver was checking in all the time with other drivers in line to see how long the wait was. My flight was leaving SD at 12:15 and we left the hotel around 9:40. We got there in plenty of time. We were in the border crossing line for about 30 minutes, then its about another 20 minutes to the airport.

Uh oh.... I didn't know that & booked my flight last night & am departing San Diego at 6:15am!!! Yikes, I wasn't thinking about customs, etc. I hope this won't be a huge problem. Aren't the borders open 24/7?

Well crap....decided to fly because it was the same price as driving. Money is a big issue, I've maxed myself out to get this surgery! It's looking like I might have to stay in San Diego the previous night instead of Tijuana...I don't know yet, but am guessing that they won't discount me the money for not staying in Tijuana the night before. This sucks :(

Well crap....decided to fly because it was the same price as driving. Money is a big issue, I've maxed myself out to get this surgery! It's looking like I might have to stay in San Diego the previous night instead of Tijuana...I don't know yet, but am guessing that they won't discount me the money for not staying in Tijuana the night before. This sucks :(

How much was it to fly because we are driving and it was way cheaper than flying from Oklahoma

My flight back was at 12:30 p.m. We left the hotel at 6:30 a.m. We spent 2.5 hours in line at the border (Monday morning). Our driver said that on Sunday's it can be upward of 4 hours.

We left on a Monday, around 10am and it took us over 2 hours to get over. My driver said the same thing as Mrs. Teacher's -- it can be four or five hours on Sunday.