Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unsure About This Surgery?

If you think you might not be convinced about if this is right for you, then please read my blog this week. I had a couple of conversations with people who were post-op (and one who is in complete denial at almost 275 lbs) and wanted to share this with the forum.

You can take a look by clicking on my blog. I post every Sunday (often from different places so it's a bit of a Travel/Weight loss blog!). But this week's is an important one I think.

Good luck to everyone who is pre-op and thinking about this or in the queue!

Hi there! What is the link to your blog!

It's right below my signature at www.queenofcrop.com For some odd reason (I don't know why) but we're not supposed to put a link in the body of our posts which I find weird because aren't we all here to help each other?

Thanks for looking!

nice blog..really good read today!

Great blog! I couldn't agree with you more. Safe travels!

That is awesome. I find myself talking myself into and out of and back into this sx almost daily. But, I also am finding myself getting a little more excited as my date draws near. I'm scared to death; my good friend food will no longer be my comfort and I m gonna have to face that head on.

I am so thankful that I've met friends on here who, while we've never met in person, we text every single day. That is a support network worth it's weight in gold.

Thanks for an awesome blog post.

Great great blog.... I am/was so in denial.... when I woke up and started accepting I saw myself for what I was... an unhealthy fat person.... times have changed and acceptance is *itch... a hard pill to swallow but definitely a must

thank you for sharing that

Thanks for all the nice comments.....and for those who are about to jump into the pool with us......come on in, the water's fine!!! So excited for all of you.

Thanks for the blog! I am one of the new swimmers (I might sink at first but I am ready for whatever comes my way!) Unfortunately many of us cannot afford $10,000 even if we wanted to. You are definitely correct we are paying more and more on food, medical bills and all of that. There are many other options that people should look at, for example after much research I decided to go to Mexico to a wonderful surgeon who has more experience than most surgeons here in the USA. (please people do your homework, don't go to just anyone because of the money!) so there are options out there we just have to be willing to look.

Thanks for the reading my blog and the reply!!! And welcome to the club.....I would LOVE to know where yo went and how much it cost; I'm trying to convince my girlfriend from HS to go....but the money is stopping her....any info you can share would be great!'

Thanks for the blog! I am one of the new swimmers (I might sink at first but I am ready for whatever comes my way!) Unfortunately many of us cannot afford $10,000 even if we wanted to. You are definitely correct we are paying more and more on food, medical bills and all of that. There are many other options that people should look at, for example after much research I decided to go to Mexico to a wonderful surgeon who has more experience than most surgeons here in the USA. (please people do your homework, don't go to just anyone because of the money!) so there are options out there we just have to be willing to look.

That was a really good blog and inspiring especially because I being sleeved tomorrow

Good luck Jazzie!

My surgery is Friday and while I've never even considered canceling, I have been super anxious. Your blog really helped! Thank you!

dr. Ponce de leon in Tijuana Mexico. It's $5,500 plus the flight to San Diego California. He has been a surgeon and teacher of many surgeons for over 20 years. I would more than happy to talk to your friend and give her/you more info. You might also want to watch my video on YouTube. Feel free to ask me any questions.