Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Days Post Op- Can't Believe How Good I Already Feel

Got home from the hospital yesterday and can't believe I feel this good already. Went to church today, came home and walked a half mile. I am still sore-- especially when I bend at the waist, but am not taking any more pain medicine.

Not really hungry right now either. Don't know how I'm going to get all the Protein I need in the first part of the diet--- tried a protein shot today and it was really nasty. I'll find something that tastes good, I'm sure.

Thanks to everyone for their support the last few days!

Got home from the hospital yesterday and can't believe I feel this good already.

randaljohn,

welcome home ;) glad things are going so well. Church the next day, took a nice walk.

Woa don't overdue -_- remember you just had major surgery, have family, spoil you alittle, thats ok.

The most important thing postop is to drink liquids, and more liquids (i.e. water) Soon enough you are supposed to drink 64 oz. a day. Popsicles also count as a liquid.

liquids are more important at this early stage of the game - you will get your Protein in soon enough.

slow down and relax a bit

best of luck

kathy

I was surprised at how well I recovered as well. I only took my pain meds three times. I'm glad things are going so well for you! Don't overdo it, though. Listen to your body. If you're tired, sleep (or at least sit). Drink all the liquids you can stand. Welcome to the otherside! :)

Congratulations on feeling so well. I had the same experience last week. I was prepared for the worse based on some of the experiences I've read on this site. I'm thankful it went as smoothly as it did. I spoke with the nutritionist about protien the first few days as I had a hard time with the clear Liquid Protein and she said to concentrate on fluids more. How long til you can be on pureed foods?

Congratulations!! Glad to hear your doing so well! Hope I recover just as fast!! lol! Keep us updated!

Congrats! I too was surprised how good I felt and was thankful it went so smoothly! I am only 11 days post op and have been walking and doing MORE activity than I did BEFORE I was sleeved! I do tend to have peaks and valleys in my energy and when the valleys hit I listen and slow down--relax and sit somewhere (couch, chair at barn). I have found a Ready To Drink Protein Drink at costco in vanilla and chocolate flavors (Premier Nutrition) that I love (110z, 30g of protein....VERY watery, not "shake" like). Well, good luck on your weight loss journey!

Congrats on your progress so far. I hope that I will feel as good when I have my surgery! I just got back from vacation so if I have missed any ones post, I'm sorry. I saw a few but when I went to respond they were gone.